Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Unread 02-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
SilverCollie

Kaito Scarf.

Im looking to make a very long Scarf for my Kaito Cosplay. (see ref) I'm looking at about 20 cm in width and about 2-2.5m in length.

I originally thought That I could make one by attaching lots of rectangle pieces of fabrics together to form one large rectangle. Then folding it in half along its length, sewing along this length then turning it inside out. However the resulting scarf would not stay flat, it kept expanding in the middle into a cylinder.
What is the best way achieve a flat scarf? Also I made the entire cosplay so far out of gabardine, is gabardine be a good fabric for making a scarf?

Reference: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3oa9yPh5Yy...2_1067x800.JPG
SilverCollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
NekoKeitorin
Prince Liney

Maybe you could find more help in the sewing/fabric forum? I don't know. D: When my friend made her Russia scarf though she used Witch-Stichery.. or Stitch Witchery... Something like that. You can get it at Walmart, if you have one near you. And I don't believe it's that expensive. It's that tape you put in the middle and it basically keeps the two sides sticking together, therefore keeping it flat. I hope this helps. >u>

Other planned cosplays: Germany(APH), Male!Midna(TLoZ:TP), Holy Roman Empire(APH), Linebeck III(TLoZ:ST), Kafei (TLoZ:MM), Prince Komali (TLoZ:WW), Linebeck (TLoZ:PH), Bellumbeck (TLoZ:PH)
NekoKeitorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
rubyredrose

Another option is to sew a line along the edge of where you joined the two pieces of fabric together, after it has been turned right-side out. Iron it first.
rubyredrose is offline   Reply With Quote