Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #16
mosaicera

Yeah, I received the same reply. She already refunded my money, but all contact as ceased since then so I don't even know what's going on anymore -facepalm- (This refund being almost a month ago). She said she'd keep contact with me with any changes, but zero contact since ;X
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
Arin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaicera View Post
Yeah, I received the same reply. She already refunded my money, but all contact as ceased since then so I don't even know what's going on anymore -facepalm- (This refund being almost a month ago). She said she'd keep contact with me with any changes, but zero contact since ;X
I haven't even received a partial refund..... This is ridiculous......
Ortensia: D23 Expo 2013
Vanessa/Anastasia: D23 Expo 2013
Sally/Fawn: MHP 2013
Arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
lotus machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
I haven't even received a partial refund..... This is ridiculous......
Neither have I. I haven't heard a single thing in a month and a half, since I received Esther's announcement.
lotus machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #19
mosaicera

>__<! Prior to losing contact with Esther, I even emailed Dandylion Creative to see if they knew what was up with my order. Nada. Nothing. Which isn't a good sign :/ I just hope in the end you all get your money (or even partial parts of your money) back >__<!
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
Arin

I wouldn't bet on it. I'll probably just have to chock it all up to a learning experience. Lucky for me I've found another seamstress who does fantastic work and actually sends progress picks as well as photos of the finished costume before she mails it out just to be sure you're happy with it.

http://stores.ebay.com/human-go-cosplay-costume-store
Unread 04-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #21
lotus machine

I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to contact them at all. I haven't heard a single word from them since January. I've tried different e-mail addresses, sent e-mails to both Carrot Anime support as well as Dandylion Creative support, and I can't seem to get through at all.

I've already come to accept that I've lost my money. At this point, I'm just curious what they're doing as a company period. Are they just going to stop taking commissions and disappear (or have they already done that)? What even happened to make it all collapse like that?
lotus machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
Demmly-Pop

Did Carrotanime go under?

Okay, so this year I didn't want to go through the trouble of making my second costume for Anime Expo, so I thought I'd order it from Carrotanime since it was kind of just to fill in the space of Ciel for my friend's Kuroshitsuji group. I've heard they're kind of slow, but are very responsive. Well it's been about two months since I've ordered and I'm getting a little nervous with July slowly creeping up. So I've been emailing them at LEAST once a week, asking about my costume but I haven't had a SINGLE reply!

I'm only 16, so I'd really rather avoid taking any kind of legal action right now. (But of course I will if I must) Does anyone know if there's something up with them? Did they get sued out then yin yang, and aren't functioning any more? Their site is still up, so I doubt it...but I'd really like some insight about them if anyone has any.

It would be greatly appreciated!
Demmly-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #23
Demmly-Pop

Unfortunately, I ordered from them back in February and didn't find out about this whole...mess until now. :\

I just sent Dandylion Creative a message titled "I'm about to file a lawsuit against this company", so hopefully that'll get them to actually look at it. -_-;;
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #24
Keirii21
Only half sane.

Im sorry but this is getting way out of hand,

Dont you think the company should see all of these people that have complaints about their service? And even if they do, they are taking no action upon the matter!

This is ridiculous if I must say so myself :/

Naoi Ayato- Angel Beats!
Yuri Lowell- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Ezreal (Default skin)- League of Legends

XBL: Fimbulvinter13
Keirii21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Why don't all of you that got ripped off and never got money or your costumes file a class action law suit? I'm not sure how many people have to actually be ripped off but it sounds like theres plenty all ready.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #26
Demmly-Pop

I'm doing a charge back through my bank right now, so hopefully I'll get my money back. They said 9 times out of 10, chargebacks work, but...knowing my luck. xDD

They really do need to have a lawsuit filed against them, but...I'm only 16 so I'm a little too skittish to do it myself. @_x;;;
Unread 04-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #27
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmly-Pop View Post
I'm doing a charge back through my bank right now, so hopefully I'll get my money back. They said 9 times out of 10, chargebacks work, but...knowing my luck. xDD

They really do need to have a lawsuit filed against them, but...I'm only 16 so I'm a little too skittish to do it myself. @_x;;;
A chargeback or filing a claims dispute is the way to go. Sadly, a lot of banks can do nothing after 60 days though.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #28
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Saying 'why don't you just file a lawsuit' is really easy to say if you don't know how much lawyers can cost.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #29
QueerGiraffe
Pedo magnet

Unhappy Help with Carrot Anime!!!

Hi, so I've ordered from Carrot Anime before and the costume came out amazing, except that the suspenders were too short but I fixed that easily. The costume shipped to me in 1 month. But now I ordered from them again, and its been 3 MONTHS already! I have contacted them SOOOO many times now and they haven't replied back at all! Anyone please help me!
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #30
Arin

For those of you still checking this, I have discovered new information regarding this seller and have placed a complaint through the BBB.

Dandylion Creative Company info:
http://www.gmdu.net/map-708147.html

I am also filing a complaint through the FBI's internet fraud department. If any involved could PM their name, contact information, and how they were involved and what not I would appreciate it. Any e-mails you have with Carrot/Dandylion will help as well. The more information is gathered the better. Luckily I still have all my e-mails with Carrot/Dandylion still on file, and other pertinent data for this case. Hopefully this will help them in their investigation of this thief.

Last edited by Arin : 01-21-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: updating