Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
lyraparry11

The (daily) Fashion Thread!

What do you guys like to wear outside of cosplay? Favorite styles, stores, things you hate, your hair, make up, clothes, whatever!

I like boots, skinny jeans tucked in to the boots, cargo pants, long tops, blazers, long sleeves underneath short sleeves (with nicer tops, rather than t-shirts, though I do it on the rare day I wear a t-shirt as well). Preferably in rich, dark colors like dark red, purple, navy blue, emerald green, army green, browns, golds, darker (not heathered) greys, and black. For makeup, I like coordinating eye shadows to go with what I'm wearing, a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss. My hair is long (elbow length), natually straight, and dark brown, with bangs. I want to grow my hair to my waist. I like a huge variety of hairstyles both short and long, depending on if they look good on the particular person.

I'm into steampunk, and sometimes my casual outfits have a slightly steampunk touch to them, and I wear a lot of steampunk inspired jewelry on a daily basis. I make almost all of my jewelry myself. I'm still a beginner at sewing, but someday I hope to make clothing. I would love to be a fashion designer as a career, but I'm not sure if that's the road I'll end up following.

So what do you guys wear/like? (and sorry if this thread isn't allowed for some reason, I thought it would make a good discussion topic)
Anime Boston attendee since 2009
lyraparry11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Yukikittie

I am a lazy whore. Unless I'm feeling up to it I'll wear a jacket with a t-shirt under it, and jeans. Usually skinny jeans. I also have black boots, which must be worn since the snow is so damn high.
I do my hair always, but I rarely put on make-up.
A lot of days when I go to school I'll just throw on sweatpants. Jean pants are uncomfortable and I hate them.
I wear my America jacket as a winter coat though. Love you navy leather coats, you are so warm. <3
Unread 02-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I'm also a lazy whore. I usually wear jeans and two shirts (because i get cold and love layering) like a long shirt and then a short button up shirt or something.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
msaliciak
You Had Me At

When it comes to beauty, the way I'd describe my style is... natural. I don't wear make-up, and I definitely don't bother to curl or straighten my hair. I just leave myself as I am. I've never really used concealer or foundation to hide my break outs. I really don't see the point. If you won't talk to me when I have bags under my eyes and a huge zit between my forehead, then you're not worth it. I tend to love fashion, though. Most of my clothes are hand-me-downs, but I make them work. :'D 90's clothes can be cute.

Last edited by msaliciak : 03-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.
msaliciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
Red Sheep
Uncle Sai

If I'm late or lazy, I'll run out of the house in a tee shirt and fuzzy house shoes.

I try to look nice a lot of the time though. I'm somewhat addicted to my red Estee Lauder lipstick. o.O Skirts and stockings (or tights if the skirts length requires them) a V-neck and boots mostly. Or that exact same thing with jeans.

The stuff I like is a lot nicer than how I normally dress. I'm not as rich or dark as my "classy alter ego."
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

As time goes on, my closet will be filled up by:
  • Suits
  • Dress shirts/pants
  • More shoes than any one person needs

I stick to neutral colors. I'm not a fan of bright colors, so I stick to black, brown, various shades of blues and grays. I keep some jackets and various sweaters (college one, knit sweater my girlfriend got me from Forever 21...etc) when it's cold since dress clothes aren't terribly warm. I feel lazy when I don't dress up for some reason.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
ieixxx
isnt a weirdo...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaliciak View Post
When it comes to beauty, the way I'd describe my style is... natural. I don't wear make-up, and I definitely don't bother to curl or straighten my hair. I just leave myself as I am. I've never really used concealer or foundation to hide my break outs. I really don't see the point. If you won't talk to me when I have bags under my eyes and a huge zit between my forehead, then you're not worth it. I tend to love fashion, though. But, I can't afford anything that I like. There is no Anna Sui and Ralph Lauren for me! Most of my clothes are hand-me-downs or Christmas/birthday presents. I just make due with what I have. The majority of the time I just wear jeans and a decent shirt. I don't bother dressing up very much when I'm heading off to school. At 6am I really don't feel like being fashionable. I do have a rule that I don't wear sweatpants or pajamas out of the house. That's about it.
I am like this too. I just wear jeans and a top with print on it.
Yeah, thats it. And my green chucks.
I'm a tomboy. and a very boring dresser.
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

I wear boy's clothes, but I fix them up a bit. I normally wear skinny jeans, my converse that Ive had for years(and are now sporting some lovely holes), and boy's t shirts that I cut to make them more fitted. I never wear makeup, unless I feel like wearing eyeliner or something. I hardly ever do my hair(somedays dont even brush it). And that's my normal dress.

Although I do sometimes like to wear miniskirts, and combat boots
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I like skirts and pink. A lot. The miniskirt+leggings trend is my favorite~~
Basically, my closet is Forever21 and Lulu's.

I'm the kind of person who will not leave the house without jacket and scarf, concealer, mascara, and styled hair, at a minimum. At work, I wear jeans and a t-shirt because I work with little kids, so stains are bound to happen. No dry-clean-only wear.
The weekends are my chance to dress up in my cute skirts and boots, and to go all out with my makeup, hair and accessories.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I have a pretty mixed style.
CLothes-wise; I generally wear flare-legged jeans UNLESS I'm wearing boots, then I wear leggings since I can't tuck the damn things in neatly. I can't pull off skinny jeans or anything else tight-legged unless I have big chunky boots on to balance out my huge upper legs. I like geeky t-shirts, tops (in particular tank tops) with sci-fi-esque cutaways and colour designs if I'm not wearing a t-shirt, all the various unusual things you can find at army surplus if I need something more practical, won't wear sweaters I can't zip up all the way, and I also like long/tunic sweaters since I get cold way too easy since breaking away from baggy guy's cargo jeans to tighter-fitting girl's jeans and need a lot of insulation down my back. XD (And at work, my style's pretty unremarkable, except for lots of interesting jewellery and occasionally wearing cheongsam, since I work in a Chinese shop.). I also have a weird issue with things touching my throat, so I won't wear anything high/tight necked. And I won't wear track pants or pyjama pants out of the house unles it's to take the garbage out or something. And I usually won't wear skirts or dresses. Don't have the legs, don't have the intent of getting guys to stare at me, and don't like the inability to move.
Shoes; I usually just wear my all-purpose black cross-trainers. Wintertime and with leggings, I wear either my snow boots (black with a lot of grey fur on them), or my knee-high black leather riding boots. Those are awesome if I want to feel sexy. XD I virtually never wear high heels. Foot comfort is incredibly important to me, and I walk a LOT.
Hair and makeup; My hair's long (mid-back), with point-cut bangs, currently dyed a dark red. I used to dye it dark purple, until they discontinued my colour. T_T. I love the look of short/pixie-cut styles on women too, but I can't pull them off on my own hair. And I do like being able to style up long hair. I usually wear it loose, in a low ponytail, or sometimes in a braid. Sometimes clipped up with that back-fall style. My makeup's rarely fancy. Foundation, eyeshadow, sometimes eyeliner. Even rarer, lipstick or mascara (the two things are just a PAIN for me. Bleh.)
And jewellery-wise, I wear some pretty weird things. I like medieval-esque and Asian-styled jewellery. Never been fond of what they stock in the expensive diamond sores and such. I wear a lot of necklaces, especially. And I have a LOT of earrings. 21 pairs since I last counted, so I've got something for literally every occasion.
I wear mostly black, and purple is my favourite colour otherwise. I've also got a decent amount of dark colours (navy blue, burgundy, etc.) in my closet. I do NOT look good in light or bright colours unless in tiny amounts.

Oh, and I hate purses. All my monetary and ID needs are in a chain wallet, and everything else, I carry in my Thinkgeek Bag of Holding messenger bag. Only time I carry purses is on those fancy occasions where I'm expected to be a girly girl.

And, I love sci-fi styles AND big flowy robelike/medieval clothes, but rarely get the opportunity to take those out in public. Such a shame.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 02-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #11
nannyogg
:)

I like to be feminine and pretty, but practical. I try not to dress too young, but I don't want to look like my mother, either. I have waist length hair, but it's a nuisance so I usually tuck it up in a bun. I love to wear heels and used to wear 4" heels on a regular basis, until I developed a foot problem last year and now I'm stuck in flats until I suck it up and have surgery I love having pretty nails, I get them done every other week (right now they are sparkly pink with black crackles over the top). I always have a humongous black purse because I carry everything but the kitchen sink with me. I usually wear a sweater unless it's over about 80 degrees outside because I'm always cold.
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

I like high heels, shirts with cartoon or video game characters, unique shirts like lacey or something, and dresses. Oh, for accesories I'm big on headbands and I like earrings too.
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

I wear a lot of vintage suits. At least, as often as I can.

I like always looking like a newspaper reporter of the 1930's.

Other than that, I tend to look the part of a heroin addicted guitarist, most of the time. You can imagine what that consists of, I'm sure.

And occasionally, a female one.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #14
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Short hair, skinny jeans, Converse, and fitted t-shirts. I'm a tomboy but feel kind of in-between - I don't like really girly clothes, but I don't like masculine clothes either.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #15
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

I usually wear a necklace, tank tops or babydolls, dressier pants, black sneakers or boots, and my bunny-eared hooded jacket on a daily basis. I don't do anything with my hair, short of untangling it, or putting it up underneath a wig. xD

I'm trying to slowly add vests, bracelets, blue jeans, skirts, thigh-high stockings, lolita, and more heels into my wardrobe, though. :3
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote