Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
crimson001

Hungary Cosplay detail help

I'm planning on making Hungary's green maid costume to wear to several different cons, the earliest going to potentially be Anime Expo in July. I just can't seem to hammer down some of the details of the dress and my roommate is getting annoyed by my constant questions, since she has better knowledge of the show. I don't have immediate access to the anime as I don't personally own it, my roommate can't locate her dvd case at the moment, and my other friend who has it is in a different building and it's late.

I have a general idea: puffy sleeves at the shoulder, white apron, puffy/hoop skirt, head scarf, flower, etc.

But am I correct in thinking that the sleeves continue past the puffy part to be tight to the wrist with a white cuff? That there is some manner of collar/undershirt with a collar? How long does the skirt go? Do I have to have a hoop thing because I travel cross country with my cosplays for school and would prefer to not have to find someway of dealing with it or can I use a petticoat? What sort of pattern would you suggest for some of the things? Does the type of flower matter or can I find a pink/orange/yellow flower and just use that?

Stuff like that is what I would like to find out. I'm going to be watching the anime more to try to find some of this out, but reference pictures that are official and not just fanart would be lovely. Thank you in advance for any help with this, I'm not used to being this much at a loss for detail of any of my cosplays I do.
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Huai-Ai

I hope this helps.
http://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/Uniform_Guide:_Hungary
Unread 02-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
crimson001

It's been helping a little bit. I looked like crazy in that for specific details. One thing I just realized, is the Maid Hungary from the Anime pictures essentially the same dress, just different colors? If it is, that would help a ridiculous amount.
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
Huai-Ai

I'm not too sure, so I can't really answer you. I think it would be best if you could watch the anime and find out.
However, I've seen many artists and cosplayers alike modeling Hungary's maid dress after Chibitalia's, so I guess that's an option too.
Unread 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
crimson001

Thanks for the help. Decided to instead do the Children's Day cosplay since I can get a good reference picture for it.
Unread 02-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
crimson001

I've got most of my Children's Day cosplay down (just ordered a pirate shirt to alter and fix since I don't want my first shirt I ever sew to be something that seems that complicated), but I'm having trouble finding a good flower.

The picture of Hungary's Children's Day outfit has a yellow flower, but I don't know if I can find a good pin. Anyone have any manner of suggestions for it?