Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
squeakum

Princess Jasmine

I'm making a Jasmine costume and I need help with the shoes, necklace and head band and if you have any suggestions on the wig they are welcome. I'm thinking of buying a really long wig and then extensions for the bangs, then get blend the extensions into the rest of the wig and ponytail it off. Any advise?
squeakum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
LKD
Is a princess!!

Shoes- They remember finding some theater shoes that are perfect for her but I don't remember the link >< try searching for dance or theater shoes

Wig- I'd get a medium length wig and add the crinkle extensions (made for braids and weaves) for the tail. It really helps poof it out without adding too much weight.
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Cynthia

The wig is essentially 2 pieces: the 'crown' portion which is hair styled over inserts to give it the "Bangs" their shape, and then the "tail" or ponytail which is snap on with the other hair being styled over it.

The tail portion is also essentially made the same way with the "poofs" being wig fiber that's been styled around an insert.

The wig looks incredible complicated, but it's fairly simple construction, just well executed. (Think of the "bangs" as having round "bumpits" in it, and it'll make a lot of sense.)
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
cosplaylicious
cosplaylicious.com

For the necklace I would check 'Forever 21' there are some similar styles ones there. That's where I got mine a month ago. For the shoes, I would check payless, they have a few styles of gold flats I bought mine a half size too big so I have to buy the no show socks so they will eventually fit.