Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #16
Star-Struck

I'm sure you would look lovely in that dress. Some of my friends have started going crazy after those book so we decided to cosplay to the premier in our area (we do this for loads of movies) I'm going to be Glimmer. One of my friends made a great reference sheet for the jackets they wear.
Star-Struck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #17
patriciarakel

I cosplay Katniss in her opening cerimonies outfit (the black uni with the cape and crown). It's in need of a facelift, but it was fun. I was recognized once, and it was great. Once the movie comes out, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of the Hunger Games in cosplay.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #18
St. Jimmy

Got a pic of what I have so far on my Beetee cosplay: http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...217112317a.jpg

It's not quite finished yet... still need to find some shoes, and the wig needs styling. But I was excited to try it on XD

I just realized, I may very well be the only person to ever cosplay him.

Jafax 2012 (several months away and I already have plans :P):
Saturday: Glaceon, Silver (both from Pokemon)
Sunday: dead!Aradia (Homestuck)
St. Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
Nicoletta
Slytherin at heart

I'm hoping to do the eye killing pink number that Effie wears at the Tribute ceremony.

- Cersi Lannister
- Ramona Flowers
- Inara Serra (Trash dress)
- Katniss Everdeen (red interview dress)

But then again, my cosplay is like the Hunger Games. I start with 4, and at least a few of them die.
Nicoletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #20
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

I was at the bookstore today and noticed they had published a photo guide to the movie. (no idea how long this has been out but this is first day I've seen it myself.) They had a small section on the costume designs in there, and what I've seen so far I'm mixed about. Effie's outfits are violently eyepopping and rather creepy- ergo fantastic! It makes me want to raid the thift stores for those brightly coloured 80s fashions that linger around in the clothes racks and make them live again.

Katniss's....I'm liking the uniforms and such, but the flame dress she had during the interviews isn't quite what I expected. The shot was only about a 3/4 but... it seemed almost...too, well, modern is what I want to say. Maybe too normal or current is what I'm thinking. The book's description was so spectacular (Cinna <3) and this didn't seem to do it justice. Ah well, I digress.

I'd love to do the Mockingjay wedding dress - though it could end up being an engineering nightmare and expensive as sin to give it the full feather effect.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
Windswept23

I'm cosplaying Effie Trinket's reaping day outfit at London MCM this year (and my friend is being Haymitch!). [: I just need to style the wig (oh god, the wig!) when it arrives, and then I'm done! I am so excited! I'm hoping that with the movie coming out this month it will encourage more people to cosplay as the characters in May!
Saturday Afternoon - Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)

Manchester MCM July 2012
Saturday - Queen of Light (Mirrormask)

London MCM October 2012
Friday - ???
Saturday - Emma Frost (Marvel)
Sunday - Effie Trinket [violet dress] (The Hunger Games)
Windswept23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
Beanypop
Hogwarts Enthusiast

I'm working on an Effie cosplay (this outfit) for the 22nd/23rd. I can't wait for the movie.
harvest goddess harvest moon (wedding dress)
Beanypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #23
Windswept23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanypop View Post
I'm working on an Effie cosplay (this outfit) for the 22nd/23rd. I can't wait for the movie.
Oooh! I love that outfit! I want to try and do that one for the October MCM. But she has so many outfits, haha! I'm excited for the money too! <3

Manchester MCM July 2012

London MCM October 2012
Friday - ???
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
Beanypop
Hogwarts Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept23 View Post
Oooh! I love that outfit! I want to try and do that one for the October MCM. But she has so many outfits, haha! I'm excited for the money too! <3
The reaping outfit looks really intense, so props to you! She really does have a ton, I can't wait to see how she wears them (does that many any sense? haha).
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #25
Windswept23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanypop View Post
The reaping outfit looks really intense, so props to you! She really does have a ton, I can't wait to see how she wears them (does that many any sense? haha).
I think getting the hair right is going to be a challenge... I just finished making the neck choker/flower thing today (thank god for corsage flowers and ebay!) and tomorrow I'm off to get netting to puff out my jacket shoulders... never done it before... should be fun... ahaha. :'D

Manchester MCM July 2012

London MCM October 2012
Friday - ???
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
HarlequinRose
Collecter of Awesome Hats

Hey guys! I really want to be a Katniss cosplay too, probably just her normal hunting outfit, or maybe her Mockingjay dress. But I was wondering what con could I wear my cosplay to? I'd be out of place at a anime con, definitely not a comic con, maybe a sci-fi con like Dragon Con? I need some help here!

Last edited by HarlequinRose : 03-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
HarlequinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #27
Tealeafy
Time Traveler in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRose View Post
Hey guys! I really want to be a Katniss cosplay too, probably just her normal hunting outfit, or maybe her Mockingjay dress. But I was wondering what con could I wear my cosplay to? I'd be out of place at a anime con, definitely not a comic con, maybe a sci-fi con like Dragon Con? I need some help here!
Honestly, I think you'd be fine at any con. There are tons of non-anime cosplayers who go to anime conventions, and from what I've seen, they're never given a hard time. In fact, they sometimes end up being the most memorable cosplays at the con. It's nice to see some variety at those events.

After deciding to save my Effie costume for Halloween, Reaping Day Katniss is done! Just in time for the premiere, too. ^^ I can't wait.
http://kepripep.deviantart.com/#/d4tlpiv

Planning:
Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Next Conventions:
ConnectiCon 2013
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Last edited by Tealeafy : 02-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Tealeafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
Beanypop
Hogwarts Enthusiast

Wow, it's already tonight (well, tomorrow for me, I've yet to go to sleep)! I'm working on my really-last-minute sewing and stuff. My wig never arrived, so I have to go on a wig-hunting frenzy tomorrow after class.

I am so excited, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept23 View Post
I think getting the hair right is going to be a challenge... I just finished making the neck choker/flower thing today (thank god for corsage flowers and ebay!) and tomorrow I'm off to get netting to puff out my jacket shoulders... never done it before... should be fun... ahaha. :'D
Wow, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeafy View Post
Honestly, I think you'd be fine at any con. There are tons of non-anime cosplayers who go to anime conventions, and from what I've seen, they're never given a hard time. In fact, they sometimes end up being the most memorable cosplays at the con. It's nice to see some variety at those events.

After deciding to safe my Effie costume for Halloween, Reaping Day Katniss is done! Just in time for the premiere, too. ^^ I can't wait.
http://kepripep.deviantart.com/#/d4tlpiv
I agree regarding HG at conventions - I'm not too fussed on where I wear my costumes.

And I have to say, that's a gorgeous costume! Great work, and nice photo.
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #29
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Katniss's....I'm liking the uniforms and such, but the flame dress she had during the interviews isn't quite what I expected. The shot was only about a 3/4 but... it seemed almost...too, well, modern is what I want to say. Maybe too normal or current is what I'm thinking. The book's description was so spectacular (Cinna <3) and this didn't seem to do it justice. Ah well, I digress.
I had about the same reaction when I saw it in the trailer. It looked like they were trying to make her look good for the movie's audience, not the in-universe game's audience. Seeing the full length of it helped, though.

All my costuming kind of came to a halt last summer because we moved, but I may still be able to have a Katniss costume ready for DragonCon this year. I'm not sure if I'd go with the movie's version or my own design--I was more impressed with the movie's costumes than I thought I'd be.

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:00 AM   #30
JordanExcelsior
Why do we fall, Bruce?

I haven't updated my cosplay.com account until just now, I've been gone for a while! Anyways, I cosplay as film!Peeta, I have his full training uniform and I am about to complete a full replica of his arena costume.
JordanExcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote