Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 04-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Sensei_Soriel

Advice needed on Slayers cosplay

Hello everyone. I want some advice on a Slayers cosplay I want to make. I want to cosplay as Xellos at Otakuthon 2015 (and mascarade at the same time) and I want some advice on how to make the cape, cape brooch, pants, turtleneck shirt and the staff (which I want to have some electronics inside to make the orb light up). Going to buy the gloves tought, since that is really hard to make.

I don't want to buy actually made clothes to make the costume (I'm sort of a DIY person) and am thinking of purchasing copper pipe with insulating foam to make the staff, while the broach will be made of plastic sheets and painted pingpong balls I can easilly get my hands on. Electronics for the staff's orb would be some LEDs and a 9v battery with an on-off switch in the staff's handle (where some white bandages are seen to cushion the grip).

What I can't get my hands on are patterns and tips to make the costume (Xellos is roughly the same size as I am and I have this feeling it would be fun to cosplay as that character). I want to start by doing the shirt. I have some coton like fabric that matches the color I want. If anyone has any pattern to give me, please share them.

Note that I'm male, so anything girl sized will not fit me.
Anime fan since birth, avid reader since 3, manga fan since teen, light novel reader since young adult, con visitor since 2013, cosplayer since 2014. I'm still a rookie in cosplay, but I know animes like the back of my hand and I do proportionally realistic cosplays. This measn I wont be doing a Kenpachi cosplay nor anything else that does not fit my bodyshape.
Sensei_Soriel is offline   Reply With Quote