Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 291 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #151
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_asiangirl View Post
<--- finally figured out how to get the darn thing to work haha. I have a larger one in my gallery. It was pretty last minute and all, so I forgot to practice posing, but at least people liked the cosplay ^w^;

And that's a pretty good idea, surprised it slipped my mind haha. I will get started on it as soon as I can!

http://images.puella-magi.net/9/9b/S...transition.JPG

Her Grief Seed is the most deformed out of all the witches from a Soul Gem.

The ring I would actually use a metal ring from a hardware store or fabric store. The spikes and topper made out of oven baked clay.

The inside C you make like a bead you from ii over a needle down the centre, bake it, remove the needle with pliers, paint the bead, then use transparent thread to suspend it vertically. To hide the knots tie them to the outside circumference of the metal ring and glue the topper and bottom spike to cover it.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 04-28-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #152
Siyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMonkey08 View Post
I've finally decided to commit to making Sayaka's outfit, but I can't do anything until I get home from college, so I've been planning everything.

I'm currently trying to figure out what type of fabric I want to make everything out of. I'm uncertain of what I should use for the gloves; I've never had to make a pair before. I was leaning towards a swimsuit/spandex fabric, but was wondering what you guys thought.
Go stretchy fabric for the gloves! I tried to use not stretchy fabric and my gloves didn't end up fitting at all. Plus even if you did manage to get them to fit, I'd imagine it'd be a lot of hassle trying to put them on and take them off.
~ Presea - Tales of Symphonia
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Next convention: NorCal summer gathering
Deviant Art
Siyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #153
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

You don't even need a pattern with stretch fabric to make gloves. Al you need to do it trace your hand, cut two piece and sew. For glove that are non stretch it get a pair and modify them.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #154
PirateMonkey08

Thanks guys! I'll go with stretch then. I've gathered a couple of glove tutorials and it's nice to know that pattern making is simple with stretchy fabric.
PirateMonkey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #155
Onitheris
Cyborg Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeiharu View Post
I've been following the thread for awhile but never posted til I was absolutely sure I was going to be making Homura or not, which it appears I'am now fully.

Posting since others are mentioning difficulty finding that color for Homura which I've been going through the same problem as well. I've already made two trips cause I haven't felt satisfied with the color I had bought that seemed might've worked at the time. I think at this point the color is unattainable unless dying the fabric which I don't want to take that route. Right now unless I find something else that works I'll be going with a light grey similar to the pre-anime artwork, and when I looked around at other cosplayers it seems I wouldn't be the only one taking this route.

But this is really the main thing stopping me from actually working on Homura since I feel I should try to get closer to the actual color before jumping into the whole thing.
I haven't even looked for the lilac color yet, I'm having trouble finding a purple dark enough for the leg and undershirt part of the costume I hadn't even thought about the lighter purple lilac color. Damn you Homura, why must you have such difficult colors.
Onitheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #156
Zeiharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onitheris View Post
I haven't even looked for the lilac color yet, I'm having trouble finding a purple dark enough for the leg and undershirt part of the costume I hadn't even thought about the lighter purple lilac color. Damn you Homura, why must you have such difficult colors.
Strangely enough I didn't have too much trouble with the darker purple. If anything else I prob have something darker than both the artwork and the anime, but it's pretty close. Since it doesn't use up such a huge area as I'm only using it for the bows and maybe the diamond shapes on her tights. I went with fabric around where you normally find stuff for quilters. Huge color ranges, but not so great for making clothes out of but it's good for small things like this.

One of the first colors I got for the lighter purple was a Lavendar and it's really just too awfully bright. So I went back and got a light grey color which seems will work but I'm not so impressed yet. So, soon I will make my 3rd trip to find a color that's a mixture of grey and purple and I hope I find it.

I always seem to have a knack for cosplaying characters with awkward colors.
Yonah - Nier
Zeiharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #157
Siyana

I'm almost done with Madoka!~ I'm trying to get everything finished for the norcal gathering this saturday.

Not everything will be entirely accurate though. I'm having trouble with the soul gem so I'm using a stand in jewel and red shoes are pretty hard to find in 4.5 so I just painted a pair of pumps. ):
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Deviant Art
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #158
lost_asiangirl
I get talked into it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
http://images.puella-magi.net/9/9b/S...transition.JPG

Her Grief Seed is the most deformed out of all the witches from a Soul Gem.

The ring I would actually use a metal ring from a hardware store or fabric store. The spikes and topper made out of oven baked clay.

The inside C you make like a bead you from ii over a needle down the centre, bake it, remove the needle with pliers, paint the bead, then use transparent thread to suspend it vertically. To hide the knots tie them to the outside circumference of the metal ring and glue the topper and bottom spike to cover it.
Ahh, I don't think I was clear enough. I wanted to make Madoka's >w<; I want to cosplay her for the next MTAC, and I wanted to have several props for some unknown reason ^w^;
But that's still a good idea for making Madoka's since her's has a few pieces in the middle
lost_asiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #159
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

lost_asiangirl It doesn't help that the series is named after Madoka. A lot of people refered to the series as Madoka or Madoka-chan instead of the full name.

I know the feeling, I want to make Mami's Soul Gem, Charlotte plushie, a "jack in a box" Charlotte, her riffles (only 2). If he had a Grief Seed I would make it to. I might make Charlottes Grief Seed. her's is alsi a wire frame sphere like Madoka's. ^_^
http://images.puella-magi.net/3/32/M...grief-seed.png

My boots are famous. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Puella-Magi-Mado...em2a101f 52b2

I just got them in the mail but that's a photo of the ones I had commissioned. Most of you won't notice what is off about them but It's fixable stuff ... I actually like the gold trim at the top rim over the white. I have matching gold vinyl to make the gold side tabs larger.

The Fit perfectly which is why I get my knee-high boots from lotahk now. I got a discount on them since I was the trial model for them.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 04-28-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:54 AM   #160
bhl88

Question: Which is the correct version of Mami's gun? The anime or the concept?
did the design change in the blu-Ray?
Is it possible to use plastic and wood on the gun?
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #161
Siyana

Soso my second petticoat came but I'm having a bit of a dilemma. Should I just use one or both? I'm worried using both would be a bit too much poof. D:

One Petticoat

Two Petticoats

Also I'm tempted to maybe make final!Madoka as a pet project in the summer just to play with conductive thread and LEDs in the skirt. Whee. >_>ll

EDIT: I managed to get it kind of tutu like by rolling it up a bit. Does this work better instead maybe? Its supershort though. ._. http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/s...oo/photo-2.jpg
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Deviant Art

Last edited by Siyana : 04-29-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Unread 04-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #162
Honestcat
Love me do?

@Siyana: I think the third picture looks best. But if you don't want it so short, go for the one with two petticoats! Looks great, by the way! Good luck on Godoka; I'll be excited to see it. <3
Yukiho Hagiwarafrom the iDOLM@STER- 100%
Suzuko Kanzaki (casual) from AKB0048- 100%
Yuuka Kazami from Touhou Project- 100%
RED Medic from Team Fortress 2- the progress never stops
Suit!Alibaba from Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic- 100%

thepompouspickle.tumblr.com
Next conventions: Otabutts, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Nekocon?
Honestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #163
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

bhl88, both the concept Mami riffle and the anime are correct but I'm have a problem tracking down more anime images of the riffle. >_> I wish a fan book would release soon to confirm the design.

You can make the gun out of whatever you want ( cardboard even if you fallow the gun tutorial featherweight posted). I making mine from a wood toy riffle and carving in the details. Also being wood makes it heavier so I will also have to hollow out the body where the barrel is so that can balance it with one hand. Riffles are designed to hold with two hands normally.

Siyana I like the third one as well her skirt really dose jut out like pancake and you intentionally see part of the pettiecoat as well.

http://www.maximalegion.com/wp-conte...ka-magica1.jpg
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Mad...ime_Design.jpg
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Mad...ime_Design.jpg

The only thing I notice a bit off with you top skirt is that the segment are not tear drop shaped (rounded sides) Siyana. You can definitely reshape the pink fabric but that would mean redoing the bias tape and I know that is time consuming or impossible if you used fusing tape.
If you used fusing tape you can remove by ironing and heating up again as you pull it off.

Edit:
Lotahk, is AWESOME! I pointed out the inconsistency and they offer to remake the boot for the price of shipping.

So if anyone wants to buy a size 10 pair of Mami Boots at a discount plus shipping PM me.
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1303834798

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 04-29-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #164
NatsuRei

I do suggest that for Mami's rifle, go with the concept art. It's something most people would hardly notice. But if you're going for anime accuracy, try freeze framing shots from episodes 1 and 2. The close up on the giant rifles in her 'Noble Phantasm' (lol) might help you with detail.
NatsuRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #165
Merino
Bucket Loli

@ Siyana the third one is definitely best, if you are worried about it being too short make some cute little bloomers underneath.

I've been looking at Wigs for Sayaka but I've found it hard to find ones I like the colour of, any suggestions?