Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 352 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 08-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #451
Tonyu
RESTART

I've finally made some progress on Kyouko's Magi outfit. ^^

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=IMG_4690.jpg

Since I took this pic I made the cuffs and am working on the boot covers now.
Tonyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #452
benihime
Kimono Queen

that looks REALLY awesome so far!!!!

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #453
Imaginational
my mom makes my cosplays

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
that looks REALLY awesome so far!!!!
I second this! Amazing!
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #454
LaurynTheHylian

What have Homura cosplayers been doing for her boots? Seems like boots are either not high enough, shiny, or too exepnsive.

Tumblr | Wig Commissions
LaurynTheHylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #455
LK1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurynTheHylian View Post
What have Homura cosplayers been doing for her boots? Seems like boots are either not high enough, shiny, or too exepnsive.
I feel like her boots aren't really...well boots. I'm going to test and see if I can make panty hose (more than likely I'll layer two pairs) fit and look NICE over a pair of heels.
LK1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #456
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK1721 View Post
I feel like her boots aren't really...well boots. I'm going to test and see if I can make panty hose (more than likely I'll layer two pairs) fit and look NICE over a pair of heels.
I agree

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #457
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

There more like leggings that fit over a pair of shoes that you see on figure skaters. ^_^

I finishes all my sewing in fabric pieces. I'm sew up my thin mami hair curls with "invisible" thread to keep them from sagging. You can totally see it up close but it's something that blends into photo's.

I'm painting my gun in white currently.
My gun is not at 100% but I don't have another 3 days to do a finishing top coat with sanding on mt epoxy clay parts.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #458
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurynTheHylian View Post
I plan on cosplaying Homura and I'll be making covers that go over boots and all the way up out of heavyweight spandex. That's literally how they look, and this way I can get them skin-tight, too. Suddenly my experience from making JoJo shoepants is paying off!

Anyhoo, Charlotte is more than halfway done and will be ready for AWA! Very excited.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #459
Starlightslk
Film Geek

Mami isn't happening for Dragon*con, I have to work a 6 day week this week and we leave on Tuesday. My initial boots didn't come in so I'm stuck altering a pair that I'll need to dye outside but it's looking like the weather isn't going to permit that Sunday, which is the only day I'd have to do that.

My corset is almost done then all that's left other than the boots are the little details...

Oh well, it's super close to being done so I'll just finish it up leisurely and debut it at Bakurestucon in October in VT.

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.
Starlightslk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #460
Mithrenniel
Soylent Green: For Humani

Just me having fun. All whooshing noises are authentic. Enjoy this video It will be taken down within a month. I might take it down earlier
url gone
---}{---
Planning on Going to
---}{---
Anime Detour(MN)2013

Find me online and say hi!
FF.net; LoliPear the WaltzQueen
AnimeDetour fourms & DeviantArt; WaltzQueen
Youtube; shuri

Last edited by Mithrenniel : 09-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Mithrenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #461
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I survived FanExpo!!! Just barley finish Mami and my original curls i made for her are still drying so my wig have temporay ones on.

I was made to enter the masquerade ... without music or reference photo or a plan. lol The guy manning the booth point blank told me to enter regardless. I won best prop for the Artisan category which bewilders be since I made it in a span of 4 days. O___o

Photo will be coming soon.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #462
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Need some advice on Mami's boots! After many headaches, and worrying that I would have to spend over $200 on a pair of cowboy boots, I managed to find a pair of cowboy boots at a thrift store for $20. They're a perfect base *A*

Now, the boots themselves are black, so I don't think I'll have to do much for the "shaft" of the boot. for the white trim, I'm probably glue on white ribbon, and for the heel I'll most likely use white tape.

What I'm stuck on in the yellow part of her boots. Options I can think of are

A. Leather paint. I've seen it advertised, and heard that it works well. The only issue is well.. I don't think there are any stores near me that sell it. And considering that the convention is next week, I don't want to order paint, wait a few days for it to arrive, and then find out that it's the wrong shade.

B. I've heard that you can paint shoes, but to do so you first have to rub it down with alcohol/acetone from a hardware store, or nailpolish remover, and then sand them. Also I can't figure out what paint would work best. Spray paint? Floral Spray paint? Regular acrylics?

C. Simply glue on yellow fabric. This seems the easiest, and Micheal's carries felt in the exact color I need. But I'm not sure of how nice it would look.

:/ Any advice? Would one of these work better than the other? Is there another method?

Reference image ahoy! http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/...ime_Design.jpg
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #463
ninjagal6
when life gives you lemon

I wore Mami this weekend~ tadaaaa http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=53369
website
Deviantart
ninjagal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #464
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki0284 View Post
Need some advice on Mami's boots! After many headaches, and worrying that I would have to spend over $200 on a pair of cowboy boots, I managed to find a pair of cowboy boots at a thrift store for $20. They're a perfect base *A*

Now, the boots themselves are black, so I don't think I'll have to do much for the "shaft" of the boot. for the white trim, I'm probably glue on white ribbon, and for the heel I'll most likely use white tape.

What I'm stuck on in the yellow part of her boots. Options I can think of are

A. Leather paint. I've seen it advertised, and heard that it works well. The only issue is well.. I don't think there are any stores near me that sell it. And considering that the convention is next week, I don't want to order paint, wait a few days for it to arrive, and then find out that it's the wrong shade.

B. I've heard that you can paint shoes, but to do so you first have to rub it down with alcohol/acetone from a hardware store, or nailpolish remover, and then sand them. Also I can't figure out what paint would work best. Spray paint? Floral Spray paint? Regular acrylics?

C. Simply glue on yellow fabric. This seems the easiest, and Micheal's carries felt in the exact color I need. But I'm not sure of how nice it would look.

:/ Any advice? Would one of these work better than the other? Is there another method?

Reference image ahoy! http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/...ime_Design.jpg
A) Is there a Tandy Leather near you? They carry a leather paint. It's not as good as Angelus but it works. If not the only other option would be to find an online store with express shipping

B) I've seen floral paint work for shoes but anything else will crack because the shoes will bend.

C) Fabric covers are fairly easy, but I wouldn't use a felt. A stretch fabric will be much easier to work with, a matte spandex or a knit is probably your best bet for an easy time. You can construct them out of a non stretch but it gets much trickier.
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #465
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-Chans View Post
A) Is there a Tandy Leather near you? They carry a leather paint. It's not as good as Angelus but it works. If not the only other option would be to find an online store with express shipping

B) I've seen floral paint work for shoes but anything else will crack because the shoes will bend.

C) Fabric covers are fairly easy, but I wouldn't use a felt. A stretch fabric will be much easier to work with, a matte spandex or a knit is probably your best bet for an easy time. You can construct them out of a non stretch but it gets much trickier.
:/ I do have a Tandy's in my city, but it's a good 8 miles/21 minutes which is... well far too far for me to comfortably ask for a ride. That and looking at their website, they sell leather STAIN, not paint.. so I'm not even sure if it would show up on black leather boots..

Mn.. could you explain how felt would be hard to work with.. :/ I don't think there are any fabric stores near me..
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON is offline   Reply With Quote