Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 271 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #646
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can
 
MinaUchiha2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 728
Finished putting all the gems on the inside of the bottom skirt of my Goddess Madoka cosplay... NEVER AGAIN... I've spent the last few days laying over 2,000 tiny gems... hand glueing each and every single one of the little evil things... T.T Happy to be done.
__________________

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #647
Mithrenniel
Soylent Green: For Humani
 
Mithrenniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 175
So, Anime Detour is long over and I have pictures on my dA if anyone wants to see them.
http://waltzqueen.deviantart.com/gallery/36373875
more will be uploaded eventually
__________________
---}{---
Doing
?????
---}{---
Planning on Going to
---}{---
Anime Detour(MN)2013

Find me online and say hi!
FF.net; LoliPear the WaltzQueen
AnimeDetour fourms & DeviantArt; WaltzQueen
Youtube; shuri
Mithrenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #648
HimePanda
Registered User
 
HimePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30
Hi everyone.
Well I'm finally doing it, I'm going to be a magic girl. Sadly I'm having some issues.
First off I'm doing this little gem here
While I have the outfit figure out I'm having some issues with the hair. Would anyone be able to find me a wig that would be best for her. The closest I've found is this one here Wig
I'm on a tight schedule since the con I'm working towards is a month away. Thank you much!

Last edited by HimePanda : 04-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #649
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,224
RandomC doesn't allow direct linking. Are you doing the Afro hair from the intro for Madoka?

How big do you want it.
http://www.maxwigs.com/afro-deluxe-v...igs-p1893.html
http://www.maxwigs.com/super-deluxe-...igs-p1613.html
__________________


FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)


Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #650
HimePanda
Registered User
 
HimePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30
Sorry the image issue, it was the best one I could find. I fix it.
Here hair wasn't as big as the second one but the first seems ok. My problem is that I think her hair is forming dreads but I"m not sure on that. I already know I need to adjust some things since images for references are ready available.

As for Afro Madoka, that for after I finish this one. Maybe later this year or next.
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #651
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,224
This series need some OVA's about the ofther girls seen in the series.

Yes I think it's completely dreaded but since it hard to draw all the strands the simplified the shape in animation.
http://www.maxwigs.com/milly-vin-dre...igs-p1624.html
http://www.maxwigs.com/new-deluxe-dr...igs-p1649.html
You could try to make a larger sharpie dye bath to dye the Lt Blonde shade. Once you done that yo can cut to the wig length and sew what you cut back into the wig to add volume.

It's to bad this one only comes int two shades.
http://www.maxwigs.com/whoopi-by-lac...igs-p1621.html
http://www.maxwigs.com/whoopi-longer...igs-p5919.html


I did find this one on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-IRISH-AU...em19cf dd58c9
__________________


FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)


Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #652
HimePanda
Registered User
 
HimePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30
The last three look the best. Still it looks like it poofs out like an afro then ends in dreads. Ahh I'm soo confused on what to do?

And how would I make a sharpie dye bath?
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #653
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,224
A lot of cheap 70% rubbing alcohol you can find larger bottle of Walmart probably need 2 or three for a large wig and enough sharpie pens to saturate it per the recipe. You can mix the dye inside the alcohol bottles.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=152637
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82947

You dye need to be darker then the final colour you want so test on the tip of a wig first to see who the colour dries.


Once you got you dye get a double seal large ziploack bag big enough for your wig. Put the wig in and pour the dye in. Shake and mush the whole thing so that it socks in liquid. Take it out and let it drip dry.
__________________


FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)


Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #654
Aldissa
Registered User
 
Aldissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Hey all! So I'm working on a Mami costume for the end of June, and I'm having a terrible time picking out fabric for her skirt. I found these online:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....0-a40f2d802a2a

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....8-d1ddd84e8163

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....1-066b267a356d

But I can't choose between them. So anyone have any suggestions?

In other news my Lulu from Arda came in a few days ago, and I love it to death. Now to wait for my long clip to restock. As much as I would've liked to, I'm not nearly confident enough to try and style a Chibi or Leia. Maybe someday...
Aldissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #655
HimePanda
Registered User
 
HimePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30
The ebay one looks the best and I might just get that one. If I had more time and money I would try the dye but the con is in June. I also have an idea of maybe untangling the dreads at the scalp to get that puffy feel. I'll test it on a no showing piece of hair first.

On a bright note I did find a necklace and bangles for the outfit and my tube top came in as well. I'll keep updating everyone on my progress.

Oh and found this wig. It's not the right color but the right lenght and I wouldn't have to cut it and lose the dreaded ends of the wig;LALA

Last edited by HimePanda : 05-10-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: more info
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #656
Aciano
Light and Shadow
 
Aciano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 815
Currently working on genderbend Sayaka! :3 I'm doing this version.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...968o1_1280.jpg

Here's the progress so far. I have the vest only haha. XD Still needs to be attached together, hemmed, ribbon added, and then the buttons oAo

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...4968o4_400.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...4968o5_400.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...4968o6_500.jpg
__________________
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #657
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldissa View Post
Hey all! So I'm working on a Mami costume for the end of June, and I'm having a terrible time picking out fabric for her skirt. I found these online:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....0-a40f2d802a2a

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....8-d1ddd84e8163

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....1-066b267a356d

But I can't choose between them. So anyone have any suggestions?

In other news my Lulu from Arda came in a few days ago, and I love it to death. Now to wait for my long clip to restock. As much as I would've liked to, I'm not nearly confident enough to try and style a Chibi or Leia. Maybe someday...

I actually have left over fabric for Mami I was selling at the marketplace here until it was shut down. It's closer to the concept art in tone but it still a gold shade. I'll link an image of the actually fabric tonight (hate wasting fabric) it the same low luster satin for Mami but it was a different batch so the colour is slightly different thus the need for a new image.

Edit here's the fabric http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=P1070981.jpg
I have 6 yards of it. The shade it actually closer to her's in the anime (antique gold) I justly wanted something brighter. lol
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Mam...ime_Design.jpg

It'd stick with Taffeta otherwise.


My first Mami wig was a Lulu as well. You can use the long wefts they now as well when the store comes back up at the end of the week.


Just some random link love for the soundtrack.
http://randomc.net/2012/05/15/mahou-...-magica-ost-i/
__________________


FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)


Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 05-16-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #658
Aldissa
Registered User
 
Aldissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I actually have left over fabric for Mami I was selling at the marketplace here until it was shut down. It's closer to the concept art in tone but it still a gold shade. I'll link an image of the actually fabric tonight (hate wasting fabric) it the same low luster satin for Mami but it was a different batch so the colour is slightly different thus the need for a new image.

Edit here's the fabric http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=P1070981.jpg
I have 6 yards of it. The shade it actually closer to her's in the anime (antique gold) I justly wanted something brighter. lol
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Mam...ime_Design.jpg

It'd stick with Taffeta otherwise.


My first Mami wig was a Lulu as well. You can use the long wefts they now as well when the store comes back up at the end of the week.


Just some random link love for the soundtrack.
http://randomc.net/2012/05/15/mahou-...-magica-ost-i/
Totally forgot I posted here... Been focusing on getting another costume done before I get too focused on Mami.

Ohhh that material looks lovely! I've been looking at so many shades of yellow, tan, and gold, in silk, satin, and taffeta my brain feels like it's going to fall out. How well does it take gathers? And for that matter what're you charging? It's definitely high on my list.

That's right! You and Envel were the ones who inspired my use of the Lulu! I did debate swapping my long clip for the long wefts, but since I wanted to make mega drills I opted for the little extra length the long clips give me.

Totally forgot to add. I found just shy of a yard of chocolate brown pleather in Joann's remnant bin, and I had a 50% off coupon. Score! I'l either end up using it as boot covers for Mami unless I find affordable cowboy boots in my size. If I do find boots, it'll become a second version of Mami's corset.

Last edited by Aldissa : 05-19-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Aldissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #659
Yuni_and_Cirno
Chirumiru v2
 
Yuni_and_Cirno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Ah, I should have found this thread earlier~
I really wanted to cosplay as Madoka, but I don't have any pink fabric except for a little bit of it I'm using for my Kyouko cosplay. Oh well, I'd have a hard time with it anyway.
Expect a Kyouko walking around with a Kyubey with pink pants at next year's Sakura Con.

Last edited by Yuni_and_Cirno : 05-22-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Yuni_and_Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #660
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldissa View Post
Totally forgot I posted here... Been focusing on getting another costume done before I get too focused on Mami.

Ohhh that material looks lovely! I've been looking at so many shades of yellow, tan, and gold, in silk, satin, and taffeta my brain feels like it's going to fall out. How well does it take gathers? And for that matter what're you charging? It's definitely high on my list.

That's right! You and Envel were the ones who inspired my use of the Lulu! I did debate swapping my long clip for the long wefts, but since I wanted to make mega drills I opted for the little extra length the long clips give me.

Totally forgot to add. I found just shy of a yard of chocolate brown pleather in Joann's remnant bin, and I had a 50% off coupon. Score! I'l either end up using it as boot covers for Mami unless I find affordable cowboy boots in my size. If I do find boots, it'll become a second version of Mami's corset.
My two tones of vinyl for the corset was all remnant as well (that included the strip if light brown to make buckles from)


It gathered well! I has a slight stretch to it nothing extreme but it give it a nice drape for that reason as well.

$40 for all the yard but I will ask for shipping on that as it will have to be shipped with tracking due to weight (Around $24 sadly Canada Post prices.)
__________________


FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)


Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.