Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Unread 04-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Thymidine

Main Event Ticketing

I noticed that they updated their main event ticketing page and now are planning to charge $20.00 for "premier" seating at their main events. We know how this turned out at Anime Expo. I'm starting to get a bit worried..
Thymidine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
daylight
Sugar Junkie

yeah, im starting to worry too. I can see this going in a very bad direction....
well, its "premier" seating, they should be a bit more clear on what "premier seating" means, now ether way they are going to get people who will complain

Last edited by daylight : 04-03-2011 at 02:24 AM.
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

no clue on this either, this looks like for people who dont want to buy the passport, or maybe huge first come first serve if you have the passport.

just speculating but I see it this way, everyone has a passport and if it was a huge band let's say someone like L'arc en ciel, I would want front row no matter what even if I bought a passport and would. We really have no clue on guests other than the hinted Scandel, but ill do a wait and see thing to see how its handled.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Access

http://am2con.org/general-information/faqs

Quote:
Do I need an AMē Passport to watch *insert Main Event/Concert here*?

* No all main events and concerts are free to attend if there are available seats.
* Note: Once all guests that have an AMē passport are seated at an event, general attendees who did not purchase a Passport and are lined up in our “stand-by” lines will be let in. Being in our stand-by line does not guarantee you a seat.
Quote:
Can I pick-up event tickets for all of my friends, even if I have their ID?

* Unfortunately, you may only pick up tickets for yourself. If you are in a group, make sure you arrive to the ticketing booth together to have assigned seats next to each other.
So maybe 1) buying an event ticket gets you an assigned seat, 2) having a passport gets you in after the people with assigned seats, but before the standby line, 3) being in the standby line gets you in after everyone else has been let in, and by then the venue may be full.

But that contradicts with: http://am2con.org/attendee-registrat...vent-ticketing
Quote:
There will be NO assigned seats. It will be first-come-first-serve. If the PREMIUM SECTION fills to capacity, AMē pass and wristband holders may be allocated to the general section.
So honestly it seems like they're still working on the policy. I'd just make my concerns known to the staff, and/or let them work it out.

I don't know how big the venues are at Anaheim, have never been there. Nokia supposedly seats around 7000 and was it ever half full last year at AX?
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymidine View Post
I noticed that they updated their main event ticketing page and now are planning to charge $20.00 for "premier" seating at their main events. We know how this turned out at Anime Expo. I'm starting to get a bit worried..
No need to worry. AX was selling tickets for years before 2010 came around, and it was never a problem before. It only became an issue when people were led to believe that buying a ticket was the ONLY way to see a concert. We're making it clear from the start that tickets are not mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
3) being in the standby line gets you in after everyone else has been let in, and by then the venue may be full.
This is correct. I just responded in a different thread, but simply put, all the Passport holders and ticket holders go in (and presumably grab the best seats), then the standby line goes in. This is almost exactly how Main Events seating was handled at AX 2009 (and multiple other years before then). The only difference is that AX didn't have Passports, which work kind of like a superticket that counts for all Main Events at once.

Quote:
I don't know how big the venues are at Anaheim, have never been there. Nokia supposedly seats around 7000 and was it ever half full last year at AX?
To the best of my memory, Main Events didn't hit capacity back in AX '06, which was the last time at ACC. There were about 40k attendees that year, which is significantly higher than our projected first year numbers for AMē.

Re: Assigned Seating: We were originally going to go with assigned seating, but decided it was easier on attendees if we didn't bother. I'll spare you the details. The TLDR version is that as long as you stay together in line, you and your friends should be able to sit together too. Sorry for the confusion, I'll talk to the web team about getting things updated and clarified.

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AMē 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
usachanpeace

Is it possible to just buy tickets for the concerts?
usachanpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
So honestly it seems like they're still working on the policy. I'd just make my concerns known to the staff, and/or let them work it out.
I let the web team know about the inconsistency, apparently they'd already changed it by the time I got to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usachanpeace View Post
Is it possible to just buy tickets for the concerts?
Just to clarify, we're technically using wristbands, not tickets, so just keep in mind that whenever I say ticket below, that's what I mean.

Yes, that's actually the point of buying a ticket. The core premise behind the Passport is that it's like buying tickets to all of the events at once (but much cheaper of course). All the other benefits were added as bonuses, even if they ended up being pretty big on their own.

If you really want to go to one particular event, but don't want to buy a Passport, then buying a ticket is the way to go. If you're going to at least two events though, the cost is the same as a Passport. In that case, since you're paying the same amount, you might as get the bonus stuff.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
usachanpeace

Where can I buy it?
usachanpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usachanpeace View Post
Where can I buy it?
You can buy them online at our website, or you can buy them at con at the ticketing booth. It will be right next to Registration in Hall D.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #10
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

http://am2con.org/attendee-registrat...vent-ticketing

looks like it was updated with more info:

Quote:
Do I need to buy both a passport and a PREMIUM SECTION wristband (aka Single Event Ticket)?
NO, premium section wristbands are only being sold to attendees that only want to pay to attend the event for premium seating but don’t want to buy a passport or badge. Passport holders will have the same premium seating access, with additional benefits such as premier lines to many events as well as access to private meet-and-greet parties with GoH’s.

What is the premium seating section?

This is seating that is closest to the stage and reserved for single event ticket attendees and passport holders. There is no segregation between single event ticket attendees and passport holders, again it is first-come-first-serve basis line-up in the premier line.
so looks like its only if you don't want to buy the passport, if you buy it your still covered.
So its smarter to buy a single to a 3 days cause then you wont have to buy each main event tickets separately
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote