Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #136
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

Thank you both for the welcomes :3
I'll definitely look into the tutorial, thanks so much for posting it.
On a side note, goodluck everyone on your costumes. You're all very skilled and I'm sure they'll look fantastic.
I've been saving up money for my own xbox360 (I use a roomies) but I'm so excited about crafting a costume I might ditch those plans and invest in materials
Favieko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #137
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Also slightly off topic but Bhutas and Palaven I want to romance both of you o.o I've converted from Anders fan to Fenris fangirl. So if I magically go to Pure Spec expect lots of fawning :3
If you're dressed as Flemeth it probably wont be too hard to romance me. I can't resist a dragon lady with a wicked laugh ;D Although if a Man!Hawke shows up I might just... kinda... slide over and possibly goose him. Maybe.

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #138
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

I've decided (then convinced) my fiance he would make a great Anders. After tempting him with the idea of carrying around Sir Pounce-a-Lot he's agreed. So to go with his Kitty I'm making his original Tevinter robes from Awakening. I really want to get the most accurate detail as possible, but if I have time I might couple cosplay with him as Bethany.

So much work, but I'm so excited!
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift." - Howard A. Walter
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 02:37 AM   #139
BraveKnight

I thought about doing Warrior Hawke but I think I need to get more costume making under my belt. That and real chainmail is expensive and I would seriously want to go all out for Hawke. OMGWTF that game was epic! I just wish male hawke had some better female romance options... I either had an overly naive elf who dabbled in blood magic (aka bad juju) or the pirate queen who flirted with EVERYTHING including the dwarf...

also p.s. I just looked at Stravalon's Morrigan and feinted. zomg she is srsbsns guyz... *fans himself*
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #140
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

So this is my first post here in...I don't even know how long. I'm excited to see a thread on DA2 cosplay and thought I'd pop in and see what I can contribute

I'm currently working on a Merrill cosplay and yesterday I drew out her tattoos on illustrator. The PDF is too big to post here and for whatever reason I can't upload it to photobucket, so if anyone needs them PM or post your email and I can send them to you

I ordered a wig and tattoo transfer paper and drafted the patterns for the leather armour pieces. I need to re-do the herringbone pattern on the leg piece, but if I can get some leather soon I'll start on those.

I also emailed theringlord.com and they suggested aluminum rings, 14g 7/16" for her chainmail, so I'll probably order those within the next few weeks and start the crazy chainmail catsuit of doom.

That's all for now. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to see everyone's progress! ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #141
BraveKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
So this is my first post here in...I don't even know how long. I'm excited to see a thread on DA2 cosplay and thought I'd pop in and see what I can contribute

I'm currently working on a Merrill cosplay and yesterday I drew out her tattoos on illustrator. The PDF is too big to post here and for whatever reason I can't upload it to photobucket, so if anyone needs them PM or post your email and I can send them to you

I ordered a wig and tattoo transfer paper and drafted the patterns for the leather armour pieces. I need to re-do the herringbone pattern on the leg piece, but if I can get some leather soon I'll start on those.

I also emailed theringlord.com and they suggested aluminum rings, 14g 7/16" for her chainmail, so I'll probably order those within the next few weeks and start the crazy chainmail catsuit of doom.

That's all for now. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to see everyone's progress! ^^
Wow you would make an uber cute Merrill! Also how much does it cost to buy rings on their own... making my own suit sounds interesting actually but zomg I bet it takes forever and I don't even know what kind of tools would be needed
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #142
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thank you! Really all you need are the rings, 2 pairs of pliers and a hell of a lot of patience lol I've estimated about $100 plus shipping for Merrill, which is just $20 more than the rings and scales for my Leliana.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #143
BraveKnight

well that is considerably cheaper. But I mean... are there patterns for chainmail lololol
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #144
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post

Xav, I cannot wait to see your progress. I've said it before, but I would kill to have your Leliana costume! I hope you get more photos of it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IddaKnoe View Post
I've decided (then convinced) my fiance he would make a great Anders. After tempting him with the idea of carrying around Sir Pounce-a-Lot he's agreed. So to go with his Kitty I'm making his original Tevinter robes from Awakening. I really want to get the most accurate detail as possible, but if I have time I might couple cosplay with him as Bethany.

So much work, but I'm so excited!
Do you need any Tevinter robe photos?
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #145
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

I'm making the broach he wears, and using a trapunto like textural technique for the embellishment under it. I'll be staining the patterns in the fabric around his torso, and the loincloth like piece. I'm also crafting the bag on his side. So any close detail shots of those would be lovely. Especially his bag. I got a few but every time he moved his arm I missed the shot -.-. Darn squirmy Anders anywho.

Thanks in advance!
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift." - Howard A. Walter
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #146
Favieko

Just going to add these as possible references for costume materials.
For Anders, around the shoulders looks kind of like feathers and.. also fur? but I'd say it's more fur than feathers. Possible material to make it: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....2-679bf24c58a5 Faux Fur Russian Husky White/Black.

And as someone stated earlier a dark brown pleather for Fenris's suit, Jo-Ann Fabrics seems to sell it, and here is a link: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...783#pro_colors

If anyone has better references for either of the two feel free to share. I'm just scouting possible materials while I boil the ideas in my head
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #147
hmwsg x

For the Anders fluff, I thought it was fur for the longest time but apparently its all feathers? If I were personally doing an Anders costume I'd use long fur and feathers so its puffy and you don't want to go insane getting a huge amount of feathers.
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #148
Favieko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
For the Anders fluff, I thought it was fur for the longest time but apparently its all feathers? If I were personally doing an Anders costume I'd use long fur and feathers so its puffy and you don't want to go insane getting a huge amount of feathers.

Haha, yeah really. Honestly I thought it was feathers the entire time but after looking at pictures I thought it was fur. Perhaps it's worth looking more into. With the renegade armor I can clearly see black feathers but with the default I just see.. fluff... I'd be a safe bet to do as you said and kind of do both
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #149
hmwsg x

And here is Anders in Tevinter robes! I didn't have his original boots on, he has lorekeeper boots equipped but I think they look nice heh ^^;

Got some photos of his corset..thing o.O his pouch, his brooch, and some other tiny details like his arm guards and the trim on the bottom.
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #150
Palaven
I like big boats.

So many DAII costumes in the works! I'm super psyched to see them all!

@ hmwsg ] - I'm not sure what I'm cosplaying now, haha. I don't think I could pull off Fenris, so I'm leaning towards Merril, but even then I don't know. Make up your mind brain!
Blame Gideon Emery, that fabulous man. If I wasn't so terrified of jagged metal blades moving at super speed, I would totally get one of those knives.

SWOONING, SWOONING EVERYWHERE @ PS, HAHA.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]

Last edited by Palaven : 03-24-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote