Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #226
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Done.

You should still convince him to do Anders, though :3
Thank youuuu! I am trying very hard, but to no avail ;-; he says "but I'm not really a mage guy" my response: "but you look just like him and armor is haaaarrrrrdddddd *sob*
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #227
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutas View Post
Thank you guys~! The wig is just... difficult, I guess. It looks good, but only from certain angles *laugh* I'll get it right soon enough, though.

@lissiekun Mm,I agree with that. Sometimes it's hard to get the cheekbones right, especially on my face-- I've got round cheeks. But thanks, I will make a mental note of this next time I do it.
My trick is to poke my cheeks until I feel my cheekbones XD
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #228
Ika
tamallama

I've been thinking about cosplaying Fenris at one of my summer cons this year, but have a couple questions:
What are you (fellow fenris cosplayers) going to do about his lack of footwear? Most cons won't allow you to walk around barefoot from my past experiences. Also, since I'm on the very short side (5'1"...which is why I'm pretty shy about crossplaying) I usually like cosplaying with a bit of a heel, even if the original shoes don't call for it unless the character is my height or shorter. Would people be upset if i modified his calf pieces/styrups into boots?

COSPLAY ROSTER 2011
FANEXPO - Morrigan - DA:O // Nurse - Silent Hill (movie version) // Marceline the Vampire Queen - Adventure Time!
NYAF: TBA
AWA: TBA
YOUMACON - Lady Hawke - DA2 // TBA

Ika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #229
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ika View Post
I've been thinking about cosplaying Fenris at one of my summer cons this year, but have a couple questions:
What are you (fellow fenris cosplayers) going to do about his lack of footwear? Most cons won't allow you to walk around barefoot from my past experiences. Also, since I'm on the very short side (5'1"...which is why I'm pretty shy about crossplaying) I usually like cosplaying with a bit of a heel, even if the original shoes don't call for it unless the character is my height or shorter. Would people be upset if i modified his calf pieces/styrups into boots?
I got some black ballerina flats to wear around the con. Comfortable, but they don't really stand out. And don't worry about being only 5'1"! I'm only that height as well, and I'm not bothering bringing up my height, I mean, Fenris IS an elf and shorter than the average male!

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #230
youjik33

Actually Fenris and Male Hawke are just about the same height. I don't know WHY... elves in DA:O were a lot shorter than the humans but DA2 apparently decided to make them about the same.

Aaaaanyway. I'm going to attempt to cosplay as Aveline for next Otakon. I have EXTREMELY rudimentary crafting/sewing skills (which is why I'm doing her first outfit -- no way do I even want to attempt her guard uniform, haha.)

I actually was amazingly lucky and found some awesome tall boots at DSW today. Currently my biggest concern is the shield -- I REALLY want to make Wesley's templar shield but I have no clue how to go about it. I don't really want to make it out of wood since I think it would be too heavy to carry around all day.

I do have a friend who wants to be Anders, but I can't even START worrying about his costume (and the fact that Anders' clothes make no sense at all) until I get mine under control, heh.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #231
quiescent
quiess

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33 View Post
Currently my biggest concern is the shield -- I REALLY want to make Wesley's templar shield but I have no clue how to go about it. I don't really want to make it out of wood since I think it would be too heavy to carry around all day
I find using Kamui's expanding foam method is working well for both shield and sword. There is quite a bit of work involved, and depending on just how light you want it to be, the cost can either dip or sky rocket.

I'm currently making an Aveline Lothering outfit myself. The sword and shield are both made using expanding foam, papier mache and then cellu-clay. The Sword has a dowel and poster-board center, whereas the shield is thick cardboard.
If you're concerned about weight, the cellu-clay on the shield might not be the way to go. It does give it a bit more weight to it, but not so much that you'll start to cry by the end of the day. If you have the funds, using Delight modelling clay (which is super light) might be an idea, but it dries a bit softer. However, it goes for 10 bucks a package (85g or 3OZ.) whereas the cellu-clay goes for 10 to 12 a pound.

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #232
youjik33

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm not making any decisions quite yet but it's nice to get a better feel for what my options are.

Unread 04-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #233
quiescent
quiess

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33 View Post
Thanks for the tutorial! I'm not making any decisions quite yet but it's nice to get a better feel for what my options are.
Yeah, no problem. It'll be nice to have another Aveline cosplayer to bounce ideas off of or discuss things with

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #234
Ika
tamallama

I'm in the middle of mapping out the individual pieces of fenris's outfit (because i'm crazy like that) but i'm having a some trouble deciphering where certain armor ends and where his tunic (right word?) begins, especially around his neck/shoulders. Is he wearing a high collard shirt, or high collared armor? gah!

COSPLAY ROSTER 2011
FANEXPO - Morrigan - DA:O // Nurse - Silent Hill (movie version) // Marceline the Vampire Queen - Adventure Time!
NYAF: TBA
AWA: TBA
YOUMACON - Lady Hawke - DA2 // TBA

Ika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #235
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
You might have luck with topless sandals They stick to the bottom of your feet but from the top it looks like you aren't wearing shoes. The biggest downside is they have stupid patterns on the sole areas.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #236
youjik33

When I was in color guard back in high school we had nude-colored dancing shoes we wore. I dont' think they were very expensive and they looked like bare feet from a distance. You could also probably paint on them if you wanted to draw his lyrium tattoos on (since he does have visible markings on his feet).

Unread 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #237
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

Quote:
I'm in the middle of mapping out the individual pieces of fenris's outfit (because i'm crazy like that) but i'm having a some trouble deciphering where certain armor ends and where his tunic (right word?) begins, especially around his neck/shoulders. Is he wearing a high collard shirt, or high collared armor? gah!
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure its a high collared shirt. I think the armor is mainly the chest and shoulders and is ontop of a same colored tunic-like shirt. At least that's how I perceive it and am planning it.
For my tunic I'm using a dark brown lightweight fabric with the pattern of leather and for the armored area I plan to use a dark brown pleather. I included the collar as part of my tunic.

As far as my progress I have a wig, ears, shellshock, and jacket toggles on the way. I plan to apply a fake tan to my face, neck, arms, and feet to try and match Fenris's darker skin rather than wait for the sun (Wisconsin sun won't appear for like another month and I work too much to worry about trying to lay out in the sun.)
For local progress I have one gaunlet waiting on the shellshock to arrive so I can coat it in that before applying the paint. If that works out I'll do the other hand. I also have made 1 legging lining so far but still need the dark brown pleather ontop to complete it. I also have the tunic lining done but would rather work with a body shape before I continue and I do not have one.. yet..
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #238
DarkHayama

I'm the friend thinking about doing an Anders cosplay. Right now I have no income, so I can't really attempt to TRY anything, which makes me at a state of just brainstorming and trying to come up with ideas for everything. And I really don't know what to do about the boots. The fact that they're so high doesn't help, since it's hard to find knee high male boots that aren't over $100. And they're going to have to be modded, and I sure as heck don't want to mod $100-$200 boots. We were thinking possibly galoshes, but I have to look into that and see how they would look. Beyond that, I have no idea about relatively cheap methods.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #239
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
I'm the friend thinking about doing an Anders cosplay. Right now I have no income, so I can't really attempt to TRY anything, which makes me at a state of just brainstorming and trying to come up with ideas for everything. And I really don't know what to do about the boots. The fact that they're so high doesn't help, since it's hard to find knee high male boots that aren't over $100. And they're going to have to be modded, and I sure as heck don't want to mod $100-$200 boots. We were thinking possibly galoshes, but I have to look into that and see how they would look. Beyond that, I have no idea about relatively cheap methods.
I hope it all works out for you ^^ I'd love to see an Anders cosplay!
My roommate and I are trying to get a group to cosplay with us and I insist that someone in our group is Anders. Whether it happens, nobody knows...
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #240
DarkHayama

And then, someone can give me a kitten, and I can be all happy again.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote