Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #286
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33 View Post
Alistair, eh? What kind of outfit are you putting him in? The one problem with the first game is that people didn't really have signature outfits, except Morrigan...
We figured his splint mail armor is the most recognizable since its the armor he always starts out in. Its kind of a bummer all of the armor is so generic aside from Morrigan.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #287
RisaSparkle

Wow, everyone has made so much progress on their cosplays! Dragon age cosplay love !

But I have a question :/ because I'm new at this...

I was planning out my Isabela cosplay and I think everything is working out, (and yes, I will be wearing shorty pants under, unlike her >.>) but then I remember she has all that bloody jewellery! And I just have no idea how to go about this, because I want it to look good and like its golden...but i lack epic powaahh tools or anything like that..what materials should I use?

So any Morrigan cosplayers who've made morrigans jewellery, how did you do that? or anyone who's worked with making cosplay jewellery in general, how to make??

And she has a stud on her chin...I suppose glueing the stud onto my face, but piercing is out! Is there a special kind of face glue..?

Also, I am so excited to see when that Fenris cosplay from Bhutas is all finished <3 squee!

Last edited by RisaSparkle : 04-10-2011 at 08:11 AM.
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #288
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisaSparkle View Post
Wow, everyone has made so much progress on their cosplays! Dragon age cosplay love !

I was planning out my Isabela cosplay and I think everything is working out, (and yes, I will be wearing shorty pants under, unlike her >.>) but then I remember she has all that bloody jewellery! And I just have no idea how to go about this, because I want it to look good and like its golden...but i lack epic powaahh tools or anything like that..what materials should I use?

So any Morrigan cosplayers who've made morrigans jewellery, how did you do that? or anyone who's worked with making cosplay jewellery in general, how to make??

And she has a stud on her chin...I suppose glueing the stud onto my face, but piercing is out! Is there a special kind of face glue..?

Also, I am so excited to see when that Fenris cosplay from Bhutas is all finished <3 squee!
I think some Morrigan cosplayers made the necklace out of sculpey clay, but uh I didn't make any so I'm not 100% sure xD

For "face glue" you can probably use spirit gum. Its used for attaching prosthetic pieces but don't get it too close to/on your lips...I'm sure its bad for sensitive tissue.
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #289
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

Quote:

They make magnetic jewelry that would work for her lip piercing. Like this. It's not very expensive either.
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift." - Howard A. Walter
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #290
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IddaKnoe View Post
They make magnetic jewelry that would work for her lip piercing. Like this. It's not very expensive either.
Hah! I was wondering if they made magnetic ones for the mouth. Thats easier than spirit gum attaching a ball piercing xD
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #291
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Don't use spirit gum! It suuuuccckkkss and is messy. Pros aide is way better. Just be sure to get some remover, because it is hard to get off otherwise.
But I would go with the magnetic lip stud anyway. It just looks better I think

And speaking of Isabela, I just wanted to share with you guys the reason I am so excited to make her costume for my friend:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...998907 _n.jpg

I have pretty friends lol
And her grandmother taught her how to cast copper so I dont even have to worry about her crazy neck piece! Hooray!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #292
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

I did some Merrill tattoo tests today. They suck, but the facepaint I have is a bit old and...blue! I think I will either get that tattoo paper or the skin illustrator makeup for these. Please forgive my inaccuracies as well....I only had the tattoo reference in front of me instead of an actual picture of Merrill ^^;
And I know my hair is red right now, but I plan to dye it black, so no worries!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...rrilltest4.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...rrilltest5.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...rrilltest3.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...rrilltest2.jpg

Last edited by lissiekun : 04-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #293
RisaSparkle

Ok thanks everyone for the tips with the Jewellery! I think I'll go with those magnetic ones for her stud ( it looks so real, my mums not going to like that XD) and that sculpey stuff seems pretty good, I've used stuff like that in the past for art classes so hopefully it won't be too hard.

@lissiekun - I like the Merrill tattoos!! They're going to look awesome when it's all done and finished!
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #294
youjik33

Very nice job on the tattoos! I certainly wouldn't be able to draw on myself that well, haha.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #295
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Lmao. So I might be doing Meredith's crazy ass. Last week I did a mock up of her crown, it's made from foam, the gold I picked was a little too bright, so I will either weather it down or choose a darker gold. The final crown will probably be made out of clay. I've been wearing the test crown around lol, and even did some errands wearing it! >_< Ha!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #296
youjik33

YES! Meredith would be amazing! Though if Dark finishes his Anders cosplay I will have to make sure to keep you guys away from each other = )

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #297
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33 View Post
YES! Meredith would be amazing! Though if Dark finishes his Anders cosplay I will have to make sure to keep you guys away from each other = )
Lol, I would like to walk around coldly and blurt out "Do NOT brand me a Tyrant!" *whips out

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
lyrium
sword*. I drew out her sword too, all I have to say is foam!! Also I need to find a blonder (blonder??? Lol) color wig, the one I have is white, it was not looking right at all!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #298
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Quote:

I cosplayed Morrigan and I used sculpey. It's durable and not too heavy or too light for the crazy stuff she was wearing, and it should work really well for Isabela too, since their jewelry is very similar xD

I did mock-ups with paper to check size first then tried to match it.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #299
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Lissiekun: The tattoos look great! Did you draw them freehand?? As awesome as they look drawn I definitely recommend the tattoo paper. It's pretty user friendly and you don't have to worry about smudging it. The only problem is it's a little shiny. I think the pressed powder make up stuff would fix that just fine though. I also love your ears ^^

Lady Muramasa: I really wanted to make Meredith's armour, if I knew how to simulate plate armour better that is. I can't wait to see what you come up with ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #300
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Okay, I officially have some fucking progress. I'm so excited, that profanity was needed xD

My mother cut my wig today And it looks amazing. I just need to do some styling/straightening work with it to make it 100%. I also did a make-up test (minus the blood smear). I found her make-up to be very difficult. It's kinda hard to see what colors she's using (in the reference I had with me at the time). And I thought having eyeliner around my whole eye would look totally stupid, but it didn't.

Then, I accidentally was late to work and didn't have time to take off the wig and fix my real hair, so I just wore it to work xD And the make-up lasted the whole time. The only thing I didn't have was blush. I never use blush so I don't own any. I'd have to look closer to see what shade (if any) I'd need. PICTURES IN 3...2...1...

Hawke 1
Hawke 2
Hawke at Work!

I'll try to do the rest of the styling this week and maybe test the blood smear. If I can, I'll do that the same day I get my Kirkwall & Champion symbol stickers for my car so I can take a picture of both at the same time

Also, great Merrill tattoos, lissiekun! And Lady Muramasa, it would be SO AWESOME if you did Meredith. As crazy as she is, I really like her design.