Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.83 average.
Unread 04-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #301
DarkHayama

Wow, looks good Rexluna! Are you going to put the blood smear on for your cosplay? Heh, I always thought the persistant gore in general looked really silly. I mean, how gross do you have to be to walk around with blood splattered all over you. And it gets so ridiculous. At least in 1, I didn't bother keeping it on in 2.

I actually thought the blood smear on Hawke looked more like some sort of battle paint smear. And considering how long the game spans...it would make WAY more sense =p

I don't know if anyone asked, I'm bad at that whole...backreading thing, but are any of you going to Otakon? That's what Youji and I are making our costumes for, so if anyone else from the thread will be there, we can try to meet up for photos.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #302
RisaSparkle

Love the wig Rexluna, it looks so natural and pretty! So excited to see it all finished! ^_^
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #303
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Thanks guys! Yeah, I plan on having the blood smear. Which, yeah it IS kinda weird. In the trailer they show M!Hawke getting the smear when he uses blood magic. In my mind, I pretended it was a birthmark or something to try to make sense of it xD

I do have a make-up question if anyone can answer it. I used LIquid liner for my upper lid and pencil for the bottom. However, whenever I'm out getting new make-up, I always see this Gel eyeliner. Has anyone ever used it? I've seen it maybe once or twice in some make-up tutorial vids and I was wondering how well it worked and if it lasted long and what not. What I'm using now works alright, but the pencil always fades pretty fast on my waterline. It's still fairly visible but when you're going for something as dramatic as Hawke, I don't want to have to reapply it every few hours.
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #304
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Lissiekun: The tattoos look great! Did you draw them freehand?? As awesome as they look drawn I definitely recommend the tattoo paper. It's pretty user friendly and you don't have to worry about smudging it. The only problem is it's a little shiny. I think the pressed powder make up stuff would fix that just fine though. I also love your ears ^^

Lady Muramasa: I really wanted to make Meredith's armour, if I knew how to simulate plate armour better that is. I can't wait to see what you come up with ^^

Yes, I drew them freehand. I think the tattoo paper would be great to get them symmetrical. My hands can be shaky at times

Rexluna: I use gel eyeliner almost every day and I LOVE it! It stays on all day with NO smudging! I use eye studio by Maybelline. it comes with it's own brush too
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #305
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Really? Does it ever raccoon? I think that's what the phrase is...where it gives you dark rings underneath your eyes.
Unread 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #306
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post

Lady Muramasa: I really wanted to make Meredith's armour, if I knew how to simulate plate armour better that is. I can't wait to see what you come up with ^^
I would love to do armor with life casting involved, but I live in an apt, so space is very limited. Lol. For now I'm going with craft foam, I've gotten a little better with it through the years. I started on her upper body armor, it's a little tricky, but I tend to make simple things hard up until the very end, then I'm like oh sh*t, I could have just done that first! >=( Lol.

Update: =( Damn, I just saw those damn scales under Meredith's armor!!! I thought I could escape those things during cosplay!!

Last edited by Lady Muramasa : 04-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #307
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Mura: I live in a teeny apartment myself, so space and air flow is limited and that limits my resources for things like resin casting, etc.

If money isn't too much of an issue, I can recommend Wonderflex. It's amazing, and I'm making some of Flemeth's armor with it, currently. Admittedly, I'm trying to make her arm and leg armor out of craft foam and I'm being very wary with starting it.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #308
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
Really? Does it ever raccoon? I think that's what the phrase is...where it gives you dark rings underneath your eyes.
So far it hasn't done it to me, but I rarely use it on my lower lids. I would also recommend getting some eyeshadow primer. This stuff is awesome: http://www.urbandecay.com/eyeshadow-...er&prefv1=true
it will make sure your shadow/liner stays on

If there's a Sephora store near you they sell it there
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #309
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

=( Armor is already annoying me, I've had to redo the neck armor three times, well two times, third time I got what I wanted. Now I'm going to attach it to the chest armor. I think it's just too late and I need to go to sleep.

Btw, love your wig Rexluna.
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #310
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Thank you! Can't wait to see the armor

It needs to be payday already so I can buy the leather and eyeliner. My dad is out of town so I can finally jack his printer and print out more references THEN maybe I can actually start working on it. It's hard to start drafting when you have to run to the computer every 5 seconds to check your work xD At least at my house.
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #311
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Thank you! Can't wait to see the armor

It needs to be payday already so I can buy the leather and eyeliner. My dad is out of town so I can finally jack his printer and print out more references THEN maybe I can actually start working on it. It's hard to start drafting when you have to run to the computer every 5 seconds to check your work xD At least at my house.
I need more ink XD
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #312
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee33 View Post
Mura: I live in a teeny apartment myself, so space and air flow is limited and that limits my resources for things like resin casting, etc.

If money isn't too much of an issue, I can recommend Wonderflex. It's amazing, and I'm making some of Flemeth's armor with it, currently. Admittedly, I'm trying to make her arm and leg armor out of craft foam and I'm being very wary with starting it.
I have heard good things about wonderflex. The only down point is heat and in the summers here in LA it gets friggin hot. I would be afraid that the wonderflex would warp in the sun. Same reason i cannot use hotglue out here for a bonding source. I have seen great costumes slowly come apart that used hotglue. For now im stuck with craftfoam....unless i order styrene sheets.
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #313
youjik33

Haha, so I figured I should try to tone up my arms a bit because, while I am flabby everywhere else, my arms are scrawny little sticks, and my usual exercise of choice (walking on the treadmill) doesn't help that. I couldn't find my two-pound weights so I did some reps using 15-ounce cans I found in the cupboard (pears and beets).

The sad part is that I could really feel my muscles working after a few reps. Working to lift 15 ounces. I am such a wimp T-T

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #314
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

I never would have thought to use food cans xD I shall copy you! I'm in the same boat. I never thought that having skinny arms was a bad thing until I had a bulky costume. Then I realized having stick figure arms coming out of a bulky torso looks funky...
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #315
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Then I realized having stick figure arms coming out of a bulky torso looks funky...
lol That cracks me up, I don't know why. Great test shots by the way! You've definitely got a knack for make-up

I got some work done on my Merrill armour (shh don't tell my boss I was working on it at WORK :P )

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/100_8004.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/100_8006.jpg

I haven't put a sealer over the colour yet, since I wasn't sure I even liked the colour...after looking at the reference pictures again it's waaayyyy too light haha

I ordered my husbands wig, his gloves and my new ears, so those should arrive (hopefully) soon ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote