Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #331
Palaven
I like big boats.

Would I be able to ask you guys for wig advice? Merrill's hair is (by the looks of it) black. I look absolutely dreadful in that fake wig black so I was thinking dark brown would look much better with my skin tone. But then the whole 'accuracy' thing sets in. What do you guys think is better? More natural looking or more accurate?

Here's some wigs I'm thinking of styling. I just haven't decided which colour would be better yet, so..
1, 2, 3, and 4. I love the first three immensely. The last one is just there for the -legit- colour.

@ Jujubee ] - OOOooh! Put pics up! I love seeing new wigs, haha. That's awesome with the Varric wig.

@ Youjik ] - I'm jealous! I wish stores around here sold that kind of thing. Which is pretty sad since I live near and know people who work with Bioware. /:

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]

Last edited by Palaven : 04-21-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2011, 03:05 AM   #332
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

You know, that first one looks nearly black so that could work. And since it's not real hair, it won't have a bunch of light brown highlights being picked up by the light in photos. Or at least, not as much as real hair. Guess it depends on the fibers of the wig.
Unread 04-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #333
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

So I took a pic a few weeks ago with extreme make up and a super white wig, thinking the white wig would be okay for Meredith.........hell no! I was wrong. So digging around my fabric/etc of many things bin looking for my longer darker blond wig, I ended up stumbling upon a cheap costume wig I bought for lord knows what and why. I messed around some and cut it, and I actually like the end result. The color goes way better with my skin tone. Ignore the tiara/crown, that's still my dummy one. And you can see a little bit of the gorget in the bottom right lol, with no paint job yet. I was thinking about getting darker blue contacts, but when I looked at the ones I have now, they have this cold steel look to them which is what you see in Meredith's eyes so they are keepers! Yay, everybody is getting some where! Lol. I'm so tired right now. X(
Lmao, I look like the Evil Queen in witch form from Snow White in the first pick. I can't wait to cosplay a paranoid, stern, strong, b*tch. =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meredithcosplaywig.jpg (35.9 KB, 0 views)
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #334
youjik33

I also like the first wig a lot, Palaven. It's VERY dark brown in the pic, I think it would work fine.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #335
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

@Lady Muramasa: You know, I rather like the first wig actually xD Meredith does have rather light hair. If you could get the first wig a smidge darker, it would be perfect. But it's closer that the 2nd one, i think. And with the contacts it looks way more menacing.

Which reminds me, I need to get new contacts soon. Mine expired/died on me I'm thinking of getting the same ones I had for my Miku cosplays. Do you think they would work?
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #336
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
@Lady Muramasa: You know, I rather like the first wig actually xD Meredith does have rather light hair. If you could get the first wig a smidge darker, it would be perfect. But it's closer that the 2nd one, i think. And with the contacts it looks way more menacing.

Which reminds me, I need to get new contacts soon. Mine expired/died on me I'm thinking of getting the same ones I had for my Miku cosplays. Do you think they would work?
I like the blue. Those should be able to work unless you find something else.

I thought about tinting it some, but held off because the white wig has bangs and it was pain to hide them. I will have to retest after my armor is done. Merediths hair shouldve been a grey color in the first place but whatevs i guess lol. Oops i forgot i wasnt wearing the crazy make up in the new pic that was my regular make up so it takes away from the angry look lol.

Last edited by Lady Muramasa : 04-21-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #337
DarkHayama

I also think the first wig looks really good, Palaven. Now just work on your Irish accent hehe.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #338
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
Would I be able to ask you guys for wig advice? Merrill's hair is (by the looks of it) black. I look absolutely dreadful in that fake wig black so I was thinking dark brown would look much better with my skin tone. But then the whole 'accuracy' thing sets in. What do you guys think is better? More natural looking or more accurate?

Here's some wigs I'm thinking of styling. I just haven't decided which colour would be better yet, so..
1, 2, 3, and 4. I love the first three immensely. The last one is just there for the -legit- colour.

@ Jujubee ] - OOOooh! Put pics up! I love seeing new wigs, haha. That's awesome with the Varric wig.

@ Youjik ] - I'm jealous! I wish stores around here sold that kind of thing. Which is pretty sad since I live near and know people who work with Bioware. /:
Aww, I thought I replied to this. =(
Anyhoo, I agree with the majority, the first wig looks the best for merril. I know what you mean about matching wig color with skin tone! Lol. I've been learning that this week.
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #339
Palaven
I like big boats.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm glad you guys liked the first wig, it was my favourite as well. I think I'm going to order that one asap.

@ Hayama ] - Welsh accent, hun! Haha, to be completely honest I have actually been attempting to mimic it a little bit. It's hard!

@ Lady ] - I feel bad for preferring the first wig, but ehh. You make such a fierce Meredith!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]

Last edited by Palaven : 04-22-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #340
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
Thanks for the help guys! I'm glad you guys liked the first wig, it was my favourite as well. I think I'm going to order that one asap.

@ Hayama ] - Welsh accent, hun! Haha, to be completely honest I have actually been attempting to mimic it a little bit. It's hard!

@ Lady ] - I feel bad for preferring the first wig, but ehh. You make such a fierce Meredith!
Lmao. Dont feel bad remember i thought the first wig was awesome too until i put the make up on and it was bright. I actually have a third wig that is buried somewhere. It's in between the the white and golden blonde color. I need to try that one.
Unread 04-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #341
youjik33

Her accent is Welsh? It sounded Irish-y to me but I don't think I've ever heard an actual Welsh accent.

Unread 04-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #342
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

I got my leather today!

On a sadder note, I totally can't get my wig styled right. I melted a tiny part of it with my straightener because I didn't realize it was broken. So I couldn't adjust the heat anymore x.x But I have a new one now.

Also, I've been watching Tandy Leather's tutorials on how to dye and cut leather and dear god x.x So many tools! Hopefully I can find stuff nearby so I don't have to drive out to Union City to get this stuff. And if I do have to, I hope I get the hang of it so I can reuse them xD
Unread 04-23-2011, 04:19 AM   #343
DarkHayama

I don't the difference. Like, not in a way that I can recognize hearing it...though it makes sense really, since Gwen Cooper was from Wales, so Eve Myles is very possibly from Wales, so if that's her normal accent it would make sense that it's Welsh. Just didn't think about it. And honestly I only heard her accent like...half the time.

Man, I don't know the first thing about styling wigs. Well, maybe the first thing, which is probably to first choose a wig you can use as a good base. Less modding you have to do, the better, I'd guess.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #344
youjik33

Well, just because the actor is from somewhere doesn't mean they use their natural accent... Hugh Laurie is British, Simon Baker is Australian, they both use American accents on TV, and Christian Bale is Welsh but I've never actually head his natural accent. (He did all his interviews for Batman in his American accent, which actually made me really sad, haha.)

...anyway I'm off topic, but um... my studs came yesterday! They're a little smaller than I expected, but I'm going to lay them out and see if they'll work anyway. If they DO look too small I can order new ones, these didn't cost me much anyway.

Unread 04-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #345
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

I have a bit of progress on my Flemeth! I got photo updates on the wig commission and I am so stoked! The wig looks fantastic and it isn't even finished xD I made the pants, and now I need to get started on the armor. I have paper patterns for it, just need to actually -make- the parts.
I've been mapping out the studs on her top and neck piece. Yesterday I calculated that I will need about 450 small studs and 188 large studs for the collar ALONE. I am dreading to do the count on the top T_T
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote