Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #346
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
I have a bit of progress on my Flemeth! I got photo updates on the wig commission and I am so stoked! The wig looks fantastic and it isn't even finished xD I made the pants, and now I need to get started on the armor. I have paper patterns for it, just need to actually -make- the parts.
I've been mapping out the studs on her top and neck piece. Yesterday I calculated that I will need about 450 small studs and 188 large studs for the collar ALONE. I am dreading to do the count on the top T_T
Wow. Easily in the thousands! Cant wait to see that wig.

@Rexluna
You might know but i saw a few leather tools at joanns and Michaels not that they carry a lot.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #347
youjik33

hmwsg_x: Haha, holy crap, that's a lot of studs! Aveline has I think 76 (assuming there's a row hidden by her belt -- although maybe it was 78, I've forgotten now, heh.)

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #348
Palaven
I like big boats.

This is why I'm glad I don't need to work with studs, haha. Though chainmail is so comparable. Guesstimated 10,000 tabs? okay derp derp.

I'm thinking since I'm doing some plane flight with said costume, I'm going to make two different chainmail suits. One with the legit tabs, and one with printed on fabric. Make going through security checks much easier I'd imagine, haha.

@ Youjik ] - I can assure you that is her natural Welsh accent, haha. I watched Laurie's comedic works before I saw House so when he speaks with an American accent it's really bizarre to me. Damn my English side of the family? I had no idea Christian Bale was Welsh! Weird. Also, offtopic woooo!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #349
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
I'm thinking since I'm doing some plane flight with said costume, I'm going to make two different chainmail suits. One with the legit tabs, and one with printed on fabric. Make going through security checks much easier I'd imagine, haha.
lol When I was working on my chainmail vest a while back I went to visit my sister out of state and brought along the materials to work on it. I had wrapped my tools in the square piece I had already finished and I had 3 security officers checking it out and making sure they weren't weapons.

Rex: I replied to your message on DA ^^ Hope my answers make sense!! And as far as the carving tools, all you really need at this point is a swivel knife and a beveler. Those are pretty much the only carving tools I use lol When you get into the western florals is when things can get crazy.

I love everyone's progress so far! I should have more time now to get on the computer and actually reply more often haha I feel so behind!

I'm nearly done with the leather armour pieces:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2910535/

I need to find gold rings the right size and make the straps to attach them in the back.

Last edited by Xavietta : 04-24-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #350
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

You did? Maybe DA is being lame, cuz I don't see it xD And I'll look around for those tools nearby. If not, I'm driving out to get them! But thank you, I thought I'd need a whole bunch of stuff
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #351
Palaven
I like big boats.

Damn! Those look awesome Xavietta!
Haha, 3 of them? I know it's for our own safety but that is just crazy!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #352
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Rex: I resent it lol I don't know what happened to the first one. and as far is tools, the 2 I mentioned are what you need to stamp the designs and borders. Other than that you'll just need things like scissors, xacto knife and for the dyes something like a sponge or t-shirt material works well.

Thanks Palaven! ^^
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #353
[Rubedo]
Moved to ThornQueen

Xavietta, holy poop your armor looks fantastic!

Wish I had some progress to post, but the end of this semester is just kicking my butt. The second finals are over I'm going to be pretty much giving my life over to my boyfriend's Hawke, doesn't look like I'll have time to pull together a DA costume for myself, though. ;_;

UPCOMMING COSPLAYS:
Stormy - Rainbow Brite
Heartseeker Vayne - League of Legends
Din - Legend of Zelda
Ringo Noyamano - Air Gear
[Rubedo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #354
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Rex: I resent it lol I don't know what happened to the first one. and as far is tools, the 2 I mentioned are what you need to stamp the designs and borders. Other than that you'll just need things like scissors, xacto knife and for the dyes something like a sponge or t-shirt material works well.

Thanks Palaven! ^^
Lol. When you first see designs in leather one thinks it may be easy.....then you watch someone do the designs and you are left like "wtf just happened!? How did they??" Lol. I have no idea how you do that but your skills in leather are amazing.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #355
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

I haven't even touched Flemeth's hair horns since making the foam core. I'm too scared! I know that once I start with the wefts, there's no turning back. So, I just stare at them lately. I'll eventually gain the courage to forge ahead and continue working with them.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #356
youjik33

So I abandoned all my former ideas and bought some brown denim XD It was the right color, I like the weight of it, and it was on clearance, so I figured I'd try it out, and so far I quite like how it's looking. I also bought brand-new scissors and I'm so glad I did because they're so much easier to use than the old pair I'd been fighting with O.O

Luckily I have a very good helper

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:23 AM   #357
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

My thumbs! THEY ACCCHHEEE D: Here is a progress photo. I'm a little tired so I'm keeping my post content pretty low xD
I did a Flemeth makeup test today as well. I have photos but, it was my first test run and I need to work more on aging makeup. I got some good tips from friends so I will have to give it another shot.

Xav your leatherworking always amazes me!
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #358
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thanks everyone! ^^ I ordered the rings for my chainmail catsuit of DOOM (all 12 pounds of them...) I want to make a pattern for the suit so I don't have to think too much when linking all those rings together. I also started on the patterns for Mage Hawke, but I didn't get any further than the pouch haha

hmxsg x: Holy studs! That looks great so far, I love how symmetrical everything is ^^

youjik33: New scissors FTW! I like the colour of the denim you got and it will definitely be easier to work with than leather. You can probably distress it pretty well too. Also I feel the need to post this
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #359
DarkHayama

heh, this thread makes me sad whenever I look at it, because I still need the income to begin my possibly impossible costume! I even have my own cat that can also be a helper, since they clearly like to help so much.

Awesome progress pics, guys. I love to see all the progress. Also, hmwsg x, awesome Asari costume. Now that Bioware/EA were kind enough to let me play ME2 for free, I know what that is! heh. And yours looks amazing!
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #360
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

All finished with college classes! Hurray! Now I just need a job so I can start Merrill, Isabela, and *cringe* Rogue Hawke!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote