Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #31
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiescent View Post
That sounds epic =D I can't wait to see pictures!

We don't get a midnight release here )=
Not at the store I preordered at anyways, which is in the Mall of my city.

On another note, my friend who was considering doing Fenris is for sure going to cosplay as him. We were looking at wigs tonight, and she's a bit torn, so it'd be awesome if you guys could give some feedback on what you think would be a suitable wig.

Wig One
Wig Two
Wig Three
Wig Four

We're leaning towards Wig One.

We're also open to suggestions for what sort of fabric his outfit might be made of. She's leaning more towards using suede.
Yeah I like one and three the most. Having that extra back is good since you can trim it away. Just from the scarce screenshots I've seen I think a suede would work great. I can't tell if the shoulder parts are feathers or weird..leather..things..
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #32
Palaven
I like big boats.

Quote:
That sounds epic =D I can't wait to see pictures!

We don't get a midnight release here )=
Not at the store I preordered at anyways, which is in the Mall of my city.

On another note, my friend who was considering doing Fenris is for sure going to cosplay as him. We were looking at wigs tonight, and she's a bit torn, so it'd be awesome if you guys could give some feedback on what you think would be a suitable wig.

Wig One
Wig Two
Wig Three
Wig Four

We're leaning towards Wig One.

We're also open to suggestions for what sort of fabric his outfit might be made of. She's leaning more towards using suede.

I agree with hmwsg, the first one is the best styled, but the third on has the more accurate colour. This is the wig I'm using for him. It needs some styling, but at least his hairstyle is easy to do.

I have some references in my photobucket. I'll have more post-release, but it helps to figure out materials in the least, haha. It definitely looks like it could be made with suede. I'm using vegetable leather and most likely microsuede or something for the jacket. It'll have to be lined with something sturdier....

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #33
quiescent
quiess

Thanks for the input, ladies

And HMWSG X, lol I know what you mean. I think she's holding off on the feathers until she knows for sure whats up with that. If they are feathers, that'll be great -- we found some really epic ones at Michaels the other day bwaha.

Palaven, those are great references =) Yay!

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #34
Palaven
I like big boats.

Thanks! I'm searching for more, at the moment.
I love Michaels. I'm such a whore for their sales, haha. I think feathers, accurate or not, would look really neat. They look really sleek, oil-slicked feathers. BLACK SWAN FENRIS HAHAHA!

SUPER LATE EDIT: I just found out my local EB/Gamestop won't have a midnight release. TEARS OF BLOOD FALLING FROM MINE EYES. ;__;

Working On:
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)

Last edited by Palaven : 03-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #35
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

I got back from midnight release a while ago, and since I'm East Coast the game doesn't unlock itself till 3am (I could cry! why you do this?!) I figured I'd post.
I did not realize my Gamestop was doing midnight release till I got the call from them this afternoon saying I could pick it up tonight. I love midnight releases and usually cosplay for them. I wanted to do something so I borrowed a friends wig and was just going to put on the blood smear and wear one of my DA:O T-shirts. My husband said it would be really cool for me to go all out as Lady Hawke. I took a look at the concept art and said 'Hey, why the heck not!' This was at 6pm. In 4 and a half hours using stuff I had around the house and parts of other costumes I managed to closet cosplay Hawke. It's based on the original concept art for male Hawke and peaking at the demo a bit, I'm missing elbow and leg armor but it was pretty fun.
V
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...ghtrelease.jpg

I promise I'll go back to working on Bethany now!
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #36
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiNoSenshi View Post
I got back from midnight release a while ago, and since I'm East Coast the game doesn't unlock itself till 3am (I could cry! why you do this?!) I figured I'd post.
I did not realize my Gamestop was doing midnight release till I got the call from them this afternoon saying I could pick it up tonight. I love midnight releases and usually cosplay for them. I wanted to do something so I borrowed a friends wig and was just going to put on the blood smear and wear one of my DA:O T-shirts. My husband said it would be really cool for me to go all out as Lady Hawke. I took a look at the concept art and said 'Hey, why the heck not!' This was at 6pm. In 4 and a half hours using stuff I had around the house and parts of other costumes I managed to closet cosplay Hawke. It's based on the original concept art for male Hawke and peaking at the demo a bit, I'm missing elbow and leg armor but it was pretty fun.
V
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...ghtrelease.jpg

I promise I'll go back to working on Bethany now!
Hoorray! I took the lazy way out and just did blood markings. Your last minute Hawke looks awesome though!
And yes, I was quite distraught to see I cannot play for another hour...
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #37
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
And yes, I was quite distraught to see I cannot play for another hour...
At least I have time to register all my DLC add ons and download the high texture patch. This wait is killing me!

If I find the time I may finish Hawke properly. But, really want to do Bethany. Time to order some chainmail rings!
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Ashe - LoL
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #38
hmwsg x

Quote:
At least I have time to register all my DLC add ons and download the high texture patch. This wait is killing me!

If I find the time I may finish Hawke properly. But, really want to do Bethany. Time to order some chainmail rings!
Where is the texture patch? o.o I would love to download that as well...
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #39
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

I found it on the Bioware Social Network forums in the DAII general discusssion part.
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Ashe - LoL
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #40
hmwsg x

Quote:
I found it on the Bioware Social Network forums in the DAII general discusssion part.
Thanks! And sorry for the derail. I'm trying to download things and upload my lazyHawke photos for some content for the thread xD

Content: My blood marks for midnight release :P

Last edited by hmwsg x : 03-08-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #41
Palaven
I like big boats.

So um... I think I'm going to cosplay Merrill now. She's far too adorable and I could pull her off so much better. I still want to cosplay Fenris really badly though... Welshie is being cosplayed first. I also have a friend who wants me to make an Isabela costume for her!

Welp, back to DAII.... (this game is so amazing eeeeek)

@ hmwsg x - That looks so cool! Must have been annoying to paint on, haha. Though not as bad as your asari's I'd imagine.

Working On:

Unread 03-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #42
KlovisJTBD

Ive abandon my zeead to start a DA:II. Thinking Sebastian. Him and hawke are more my body type and both look pretty easy.
KlovisJTBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #43
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

I finished my first play through last night (yeah I've done nothing but play DA since I got it).
I'm still totally in love with Bethany, such an adorable little sis! It's going to take me forever to make all that mail! I have two friends that would make great Fenris and Merrill due to them being tiny and elf-like. Another friend would make a fantastic Knight-Commander Meredith. Now to just convince them! Bwahaha!
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Ashe - LoL
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #44
quiescent
quiess

I'm about half way through my playthrough. I'm still making Aveline, mostly because the budget at this moment is more feasible to me. I will most likely try to make something else for a con in October.

Also, a favour =)?
If anyone has a PC, i'd absolutely adore some screenshots of Aveline in her Lothering outfit.

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #45
hmwsg x

Quote:
I'm about half way through my playthrough. I'm still making Aveline, mostly because the budget at this moment is more feasible to me. I will most likely try to make something else for a con in October.

Also, a favour =)?
If anyone has a PC, i'd absolutely adore some screenshots of Aveline in her Lothering outfit.
I'll try to grab some around this weekend once my playthrough is done