Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 06-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #631
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
So I'm currently looking for shoes for Hawke. They'll pretty much be covered by armor and what not, but I still want them to be fairly accurate (it's REALLY hard to tell what they look like). I stumbled across these. What do you guys think?
I have a pair of those for my Yuffie costume. They are pretty awesome
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #632
burninghail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
So now we have myself as Merrill, my fiance as Hawke, and my friends as Isabela and Fenris. AWESOME
Oh! Oh! Learn a few party banter lines!
burninghail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #633
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
So I'm currently looking for shoes for Hawke. They'll pretty much be covered by armor and what not, but I still want them to be fairly accurate (it's REALLY hard to tell what they look like). I stumbled across these. What do you guys think?
Hmmm... I like them. Like you said, they'll mostly be covered in armor, and I know those type of shoes are decently comfortable (I have a pair I've worn for years).

Have you checked out DiscountWomensDressShoes? I know they sell a handful of the knee-high canvas shoes, and a bunch of other boots/shoes at bargain prices. They're my first go-to, costume-shoe secret weapon.
http://www.discountwomensdressshoes....let/StoreFront
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #634
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

:d Thank You So Much!
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #635
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Just bought my fur for Merrill!
https://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail...b-f26a47b0d3ef
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #636
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

You know. For the longest time I was thinking that the fur I needed for Hawke was grey. But isn't this more of a black?

Front and Back
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #637
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

@lissiekun: That fur is so perfect! The spotted pattern really does create that "feathery" look that Merrill has.

@Rexluna: Hmmm... I always thought it looked more gray, too, but looking at reference pics now, I see what you mean. Sometimes it looks more black, sometimes more gray. Maybe split the difference and go with a really dark, almost-blackish gray?
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #638
KarmaxCore
LOLOMGWUT.

So I'm totally cosplaying Isabela for Otakon. So excited. Does anyone have any...slight suggestions on how to go about her crotch high boots and maybe even a little push in the right direction on her shirt? It might seem silly, but I don't know if it's a tunic, or a shirt and a corset...?

Check out my cosplay group <3 Vunderbra!Cosplay and our youtube. Vunder!Bra
KarmaxCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #639
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Yay for more Isabela's! I've got some pics in my gallery of Isabela-in-progress, though I'm doing the "romanced" version and making some tweaks here and there. I went with a dress and a corset for mine, though in the game it looks like it's all part of the same dress that's split and attached at the sides.

As for the boots... hoo-boy, they're fun. You could make your own boot covers, if you're comfortable doing that. Isabela's actually kind of look like boot covers sometimes, especially in this pic:
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...-Isabela-1.jpg

But... I went the lazy route and just found some thigh-high brown boots on eBay. I just kept running searches for "brown thigh boots" until something popped up that would work. Luckily most sellers will list the upper-opening circumference and total boot height, so you can check out your measurements and see which ones would be tallest and fit you best. If you have smaller feet, you should totally check out these for a base:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Celeb-Style-Buck...em8bb 33e0907
I would have gone for those, except they don't have them available in my size.

As for the dress... I lucked out and found a cheapo old Gap dress on eBay that was just about perfect. I'm all about buying stuff as close as possible to the end product and then adapting. I just kept running searches for "white cotton dress" or "white peasant dress" and checking off the options in the side bar to narrow it down to my size.

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 06-19-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #640
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

So I suppose not having a job DOES have advantages....like getting to finally start Merrill! Yay! Drafting patterns is so fun....not! It's so hard drafting patterns for myself, but the dressform helps out a LOT.

Its not as bright as in the pictures...flash ruins everything lol

I also found fabric that is perfect for her scarf at my dad's house....where I store all my stuff that wont fit in this itty bitty apartment.
I did not get a chance to finish the back part because I ran out of ribbon...I knew I should have bought TWO!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...CN6832copy.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSCN6835.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSCN6836.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSCN6837.jpg
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #641
Palaven
I like big boats.

Just got back from the con with Quie and Bhutas. It was so fun! So much DA2 love! There were a ton of DA2 cosplayers and we were swarmed for photos, haha.

It made me realize I have a tad bit of work left to finish Merrill offically and whatnot. I need to make the leather bits a bit less break-apart-ey and I need to printscreen me some chainmail fabric. Can't wait /eyeroll haha.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #642
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

@lissiekun- ARGH that looks fantastic! I love the colors so much! *sigh* And it makes me really wish we had a Merrill cosplayer for our Dragon*Con group...

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #643
mikcy
subject zero

@lissiekun: Wow! The tunic is coming along. It looks great!

I'm finally joining this thread for real. I have convinced my friend to be Isabela and I'll be joining her as Morrigan. I already have Morrigan in progress, but I put it on pause for a different costume, so I'll finish it.

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #644
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Thanks so much guys! I am pretty proud of it so far! I am glad I was able to get the shape and length of it right hopefully Wednesday I can make a trip to Joanns to get more ribbon for the back part.
I also got my unitard in the mail, but am a bit scared to cut holes in it. I fear I might make a mistake and make the holes uneven or make the unitard fray. What to do?!
<br>
also pretty excited to take adorable lovey-dovey photos with my fiance as Hawke X3

Last edited by lissiekun : 06-20-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #645
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
also pretty excited to take adorable lovey-dovey photos with my fiance as Hawke X3
Oh boy, you are not alone! I plan to take tons of fluffy photos with hubby!Anders! Maybe recreating that scene in the clinic, y/y? >///>

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote