Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #61
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

@Lady Muramasa: I am on the fence about attempting Flemeth too, but she just looks SO BAD @$$.
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #62
mikcy
subject zero

There are so many awesome costumes in Dragon Age 2! I don't know why I'm interested in making Isabella because I'm so pale and have a much smaller... upper body than her. :x I also love Bethany's costume too, so I can't wait to see people make that one. :>

Also, Flemmeth's new outfit is so badass. Makeee itttttt! I still have a spot for Morrigan, but that won't stop me from oogling the new costumes. <3<3

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb

Last edited by mikcy : 03-13-2011 at 12:25 PM.
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #63
Palaven
I like big boats.

I finally beat DAII last night, so now I can start the reference hunt! I'm taking crappy pictures with my cell on my tv, but whatever works haha! *crossing my fingers and hoping people online are screencapping*

@ mikcy ] - My best friend wants to cosplay as Isabela and she's paler than Merrill! If you want to do it, go for it, haha. I like Bethany's costume. I can see the chainmail being really intimidating though.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #64
Bhutas

@mikcy: I love Isabela's outfit, too! I don't think your skin colour really matters-- as long as you've got the swagger, you should be able to pull it off ;D Just be aware that some conventions might have some issues with the lack of pants and all, so you might have to modify the bottom part just a bit.

I finished DAII two days ago, and actually went over to quiescent's house yesterday to work on my arm bracers and breast plate while she finished her runthrough of it. So I have the general shape and pieces for both my gauntlets, arm bracer, and breast plate done-- now comes preparing the craft foam to be painted, which takes about a week :/

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #65
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

I finished the game Saturday morning and man, my impressions on all the characters definitely changed. I wonder if that changes anyone's idea on their costume choice? (avoid spoilers if anyone wants to elaborate on their costume decision) Mine didn't change since Flemeth is awesome :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcy View Post
There are so many awesome costumes in Dragon Age 2! I don't know why I'm interested in making Isabella because I'm so pale and have a much smaller... upper body than her. :x I also love Bethany's costume too, so I can't wait to see people make that one. :>
Isabella was the character I had the biggest change of heart. I really went in expecting to hate her but shes such a good character, and I'd love to see a costume of her.
You can always fake n bake yourself! And breast enhancers with push up bras can work wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
[size="1"]I finally beat DAII last night, so now I can start the reference hunt! I'm taking crappy pictures with my cell on my tv, but whatever works haha! *crossing my fingers and hoping people online are screencapping*

[/size="1"]
What screencaps do you need? I got some of Anders in his romance suit and reg suit, I can run through and find other characters. I know I need Aveline's intro suit for Quie, too.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #66
Bhutas

@hmwsg x Would I be a bother if I could ask for some Fenris screens? I mostly just need a good shot from his chest up, both back and front. I need to figure out how the fabric works up there :/

And my views on the characters changed greatly after I was done. I figured that I wasn't going to be too fond of both Varric and Isabela, but man they were great characters. Everyone else I went in with no previous ideas about them, so I was either pleasantly surprised, or not let down when they turned out the way they did. I'm just ridiculously happy I liked Fenris' character, otherwise I'd probably be crying in a corner right now.

Unread 03-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #67
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutas View Post
@hmwsg x Would I be a bother if I could ask for some Fenris screens? I mostly just need a good shot from his chest up, both back and front. I need to figure out how the fabric works up there :/

And my views on the characters changed greatly after I was done. I figured that I wasn't going to be too fond of both Varric and Isabela, but man they were great characters. Everyone else I went in with no previous ideas about them, so I was either pleasantly surprised, or not let down when they turned out the way they did. I'm just ridiculously happy I liked Fenris' character, otherwise I'd probably be crying in a corner right now.
Sure thing, but I don't have his romance outfit so I hope thats not a problem

I will get mauled for saying this, but did not care for Merrill. At all >< She was the only person I had 100% rivalry with. And is it just me or do party banter attitudes change reflecting on your attitude towards a teammate? I noticed that in the beginning Aveline and Isabela were icy and taunted each other in banter but eventually they both got along, while in the beginning people had no real issue with Merrill and then everyone began to hate on her hardcore o.o
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Sure thing, but I don't have his romance outfit so I hope thats not a problem

I will get mauled for saying this, but did not care for Merrill. At all >< She was the only person I had 100% rivalry with. And is it just me or do party banter attitudes change reflecting on your attitude towards a teammate? I noticed that in the beginning Aveline and Isabela were icy and taunted each other in banter but eventually they both got along, while in the beginning people had no real issue with Merrill and then everyone began to hate on her hardcore o.o
Don't worry about the romance outfit-- all it is is red ribbon around his wrist and the Hawke family crest on his belt. No actual change to the outfit itself!

I too had rivalry with Merrill! I thought she was cute and all, but her main quests rubbed me the wrong way and I spent a lot of the time pretty much saying she was an idiot. Despite this, I kept her in my party most of the time because she was a good mage. Although the fact that I called her out on her stupidity made Fenris even more... nasty towards her. He would really bite into her during conversations-- I almost felt bad. Isabela stayed kind to her, though.

The conversations DID seem to change which was nice! I had Varric and Fenris in my party for a while, and at the beginning Varric pretty much made fun of Fenris until Fenris started to make fun back, and at the end they were talking about playing card games at the Hanged Man and gossiping about my Hawke and his manly role in his relationship with Fenris. It's at those times I wish you could make your character say stuff like 'I'm standing RIGHT HERE'.

Unread 03-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #69
Palaven
I like big boats.

I completely understand the change of face thing. I expected to hate Varric because of certain fans and I ended up loving him and Cassandra, oddly enough. I don't really hate any of them really, except for Bethany. She just rubbed me the wrong way.

@ Bhutas - I'm pretty sure he starts wearing black rather than his usual beige, but that might not have been romance just in-game events that did that... I don't know.

@ hmwsg - Really?! I'd absolutely love if you could get me some Merrill shots.
I can understand how people could not like her. There were time where I wanted to in-game slap her, haha. I can understand where she is coming from, but she is really selfish haha.

Working On:
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)

Unread 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #70
catfetus

I never played DAO (might go back and play it after this) but I have been playing through DA2 and am super excited to slowly begin working on an Isabella costume
The biggest problem is going to be finding boots that high Each of my thighs is between 19-21 inches around. I figure I just need to find brown extra high boots (heeled or not, heeled preferred probably) that fit, and I can alter them myself as needed (adding buckles and things).

Definitely going to keep watching this thread It's going to be wonderful to see all the costumes (I'm glad to see so much interest in Fenris cosplays). Flemeth's design is so amazing!
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #71
Palaven
I like big boats.

For my friend's Isabela we're actually making them from scratch. With a design that unusual, you almost have to, though using base boots would probably be smarter, haha. I'm working on a pattern right now. When I get home (I'm out for the weekend) I can send you the pattern if you'd like.

You should play DAO! Can't wait to see your Isabela come along!

Working On:

Unread 03-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #72
catfetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
For my friend's Isabela we're actually making them from scratch. With a design that unusual, you almost have to, though using base boots would probably be smarter, haha. I'm working on a pattern right now. When I get home (I'm out for the weekend) I can send you the pattern if you'd like.

You should play DAO! Can't wait to see your Isabela come along!
That would be amazing if you could send it! I've never done boot covers before but they seem really difficult. How do you make them from scratch?
I figure if I can find brown boots I would just need to add detailing for the tops and a bunch of buckles mostly.
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #73
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post

What screencaps do you need? I got some of Anders in his romance suit and reg suit, I can run through and find other characters. I know I need Aveline's intro suit for Quie, too.

Hey, you think you could send some of those Anders shots my way?
alysaavery@gmail.com
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #74
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Some full-body Merrill shots would be awesome too!!!
Not to sound greedy or anything.....I would get them myself if I could!
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #75
hmwsg x

No problem! :P I can get the Merrill ones for you and Pala. I'll probably set up a photobucket folder so its easy access for everyone