Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #751
youjik33

Bah, doesn't matter about the sleeves because I somehow totally screwed up when I was trying to shorten the jacket and now it's hanging all weird. Hopefully I can find something to modify because I apparently really suck at making this thing.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #752
marzlapin
almond flavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
Thank you! I'll give that a try!
Might want to take a look at some tutorials on how to mold leather. You'll need to stretch it over the form wet and secure it so it stays tight while it dries. Good luck!
marzlapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #753
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Hey guys! Some exciting news....my new job has a scrap pile FULL of vinyl, plastic, wood, foam, and cardboard....so I dont have to buy stuff to make weapons out of! I nabbed some of the vinyl and foam and will be making all of our weapons with it! My dad said he is willing to help as well, since he needs fun projects to take his mind off recent events.

So here is the start of Isabela's daggers!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...176826_n. jpg

I will also be making my fiance's bow (for Hawke), my staff, and my friend's sword (for Fenris)
This is my first time making weapons of this quality We will see how it turns out!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #754
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
Hey guys! Some exciting news....my new job has a scrap pile FULL of vinyl, plastic, wood, foam, and cardboard....so I dont have to buy stuff to make weapons out of! I nabbed some of the vinyl and foam and will be making all of our weapons with it! My dad said he is willing to help as well, since he needs fun projects to take his mind off recent events.

I will also be making my fiance's bow (for Hawke), my staff, and my friend's sword (for Fenris)
This is my first time making weapons of this quality We will see how it turns out!
All of this sounds awesome! Yay for dads helping with props! My favorite cosplay props are the ones my dad made for me ^^ and Yay for free materials! lol that's pretty epic!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #755
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:

Oh that is /so/ handy. =O The daggers are looking great. I seriously can't wait to see more. =D

I found a tree branch that will work well for Morrigan. It's light and doesn't stick out anywhere, so I don't have to worry about poking other people. lol

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #756
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Quote:

Oooh they're looking great! You're so lucky to have all that free stuff xD

I've started drafting the armor. I'm probably half way done?
Leather armor pieces
Leather armor on me
Shoulder armor
Shoulder armor on me
Lower arm metal armor

I'm REALLY happy with how it's coming out so far. It came out so much better than I expected. The lower arm pieces took me almost 3 hours >.< I wanted to wait to start the armor until I finish the leather pieces but I'm so excited, I wanna start now! I think the only thing I need to change so far is the spiky pauldron is a bit too small. But I'll just have to trace the pieces out slightly bigger when I do it for real.

I got my buckles, too. I found a decent sized one for the belt that I'm going to add the spikes to. I got the wrong kind of small buckes so I'm going to go back and switch them. I also got some of those magnetic buttons like you see in purses. I'm thinking of using that for the chest plate straps, since there is no visible button. Which led me to the idea of using magnets for the metal armor. It would be accurate and easy to take on and off! I just don't know where to get magnets like that. Home Depot/OSH?
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #757
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

@Lissiekun: The daggers are looking fabulous! I thought about trying to make those, but chickened out in favor of the easier Carta daggers. =P I can't wait to see yours when they're done!

@Rexluna: The armor is coming along well! Believe it or not, I actually saw magnets in the craft section at Wal-mart the other day. I've also ordered them from www.kjmagnetics.com before. There's no minimum order and they're relatively inexpensive.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #758
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

[quote=TheFontBandit;4043498]@Lissiekun: The daggers are looking fabulous! I thought about trying to make those, but chickened out in favor of the easier Carta daggers. =P I can't wait to see yours when they're done!

It helps to have a dad with all the tools XD belt sander ftw!
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #759
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Axing previous post... Just had a light bulb flash on another way to tackle the horns for Flemeth. Hoping it works!

Last edited by jujubee33 : 07-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #760
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post
@Lissiekun: The daggers are looking fabulous! I thought about trying to make those, but chickened out in favor of the easier Carta daggers. =P I can't wait to see yours when they're done!

@Rexluna: The armor is coming along well! Believe it or not, I actually saw magnets in the craft section at Wal-mart the other day. I've also ordered them from www.kjmagnetics.com before. There's no minimum order and they're relatively inexpensive.
Really? Wal-mart? I'll have to check. I don't really have the time to wait for something to be sent here. I'm kinda behind and need to be ready for SDCC xD
Unread 07-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #761
JettaAndEric
Wait what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
Really? Wal-mart? I'll have to check. I don't really have the time to wait for something to be sent here. I'm kinda behind and need to be ready for SDCC xD
Its what... 8 days for preview night /frails around. I know the waly-world (walmart) here has some magnets but they aren't the greatest. Home depot/Lowes may have some but I haven't checked personally.
I'm flipping excited! Just hoping they give me all the days off I requested (fail Saturday schedules)

My metal shiny bits thus far... gotta say i had a little to much fun watching repo and finding theater blood z>_<
http://ericandjetta.deviantart.com/art/Derp-220907129
http://ericandjetta.deviantart.com/#/d3nitib
JettaAndEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #762
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

The only this is the magnets have to work through leather. I hope I can find something around here that's strong enough.
Unread 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #763
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Eep... yeah, I didn't look too closely at the Wal-mart magnets, but I would think they're probably too weak for leather. (I was there looking for cheap jewelry wire for a steampunk project and remember noticing the magnets right next to it).

Another place to look might be hobby stores like Hobbytown USA:
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/3-4-Di...net-Discs-8pc/
I know they're a chain, but I'm not sure how widespread they are. But maybe similar stores would carry them as well?
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #764
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Apparently there's one not too far from me! I'll have to take a look

In the meantime, I got the fingers of the gauntlet done today

One, Two, Three, Four! *mad guitar solo*

Some of the pieces are kinda crooked, so I'm gonna trace them again on the fold of some paper so they'll be even. Then I'll use THOSE for the styrene

EDIT: Aaaand it looks like I won't have enough leather for all my pieces D: I laid out all the pieces I have so far, and that's without the knee pieces and bag/straps for the belt. And I can only fit the big belt piece (BARELY) so I don't have room for the smaller belt. Hopefully I can find a big enough belt in the right color to use in the meantime x.x GDI x.x

Last edited by Rexluna : 07-13-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Rexluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #765
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Hey dudes! Quick update: I have made Isabela's shoulder and wrist armor! Got a couple days off of work, so I do cosplay things XD

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSCN6896.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/DSCN6898.jpg