Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 72 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #1036
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Ros: Woot DragonCon! I've got everything together for my husband, my friend and myself to go We're planning Hawke and Merril from DA2 and my friend and I will be Morrigan and Leliana for Sacred ashes (obviously not all at the same time, but Morrigan might tag along for DA2) Keep me posted about meet-ups and what not ^^
Absolutely I will keep you posted! Are you on FB? We've got a group there for all the meetup folks to hang out in if you like. We're already working on making it bigger and better for 2012!

I'd actually be interested in chatting with you about the leatherworking for Rogue Hawke, getting your opinion on which outfit would be the better choice, maybe a quote on how much a commission would run? I definitely don't want to take you away from your personal costuming, but since I'm starting on things so early this time, it might work out? <:3

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #1037
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

3 more weeks of fall semester then I can start fully working on my Mage Warden Hawke. Started working on the lower part of the staff and a few weeks ago got the skull in the mail for the Apostate's Courage staff.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #1038
Draculina
~ devine your destiny! ~

LOL, I just happened to be browsing this thread for the very first time and just wanted to tell Xavietta that her SA Lil' was a huge HUGE inspiration for me to do SA Morg. I'm trying to bribe my S.O. to do either "joining chalice" Alistair or the SA Male PC (which we think is actually supposed to be Alistair but heavily concept-art'ed out like Morg and Lil' in that clip).

Anyways, getting to the point...Xavietta, it is my cosplay "blue-ribbon standard" to someday bump into you at DragonCon and take one shining, spectacular picture of us wearing our SA costumes together. I think I would be so happy I'd a-splode (lol).

Also...anyone who is gonna tentatively plan for DragonCon...please do. We had a wonderful time this year in our DA group, and Ros is the best and most inspirational leader ever. I am super excited to do it again next year...

*retreats back into lurkdom*
Shae (A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords)
Morrigan: Sacred Ashes Variant (Dragon Age:Origins)
Asa Shigure (Shuffle!: Really? Really!)
Smuggler (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

The trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun- Mark Twain
Draculina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #1039
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

OMG thank you, C! That is so kind of you to say!!! I just... GAH! I want to hug you so bad right now!

2012 Costumes:

Unread 11-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #1040
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

I wish I could go to Dragon Con! But I live in Maine >_<
But we will have a full party for Anime Boston if there are any new englanders in this thread
look for Merril, Rogue Hawke, Fenris and Anders if you go!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #1041
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

I got to work on DA cosplays today! We were snowed in, so I started Hawke! I made my fiance's red bodysuit I forgot to take pictures, but tomorrow night or Friday I will try to get some progress shots and start his grey man-skirt
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #1042
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Sorry I've been out of the loop lately - getting caught up on the thread!

Lissiekun, I can't wait to see progress pics!

I'm already psyched for next year's DA at Dragon*Con group... This year was SO much fun and I met so many awesome people. I wish we'd had even more time to just hang out and goof off. I'm sure next year will be even better!

I'm waffling now though... I haven't started my Chantry robes yet, but I'm making excellent progress on my other D*C costumes (which means I'll have lots of costuming free time). So I'm considering starting my BIG "want to do that cosplay someday" project... The Architect. I've been looking at reference pics today, and it's do-able. Lots of leather straps, lots of Wonderflex. The crazy headpiece and a lot of detail work would be the hardest parts. I have most of a game plan figured out, but will I have the time/resources to have it ready by September? Eep!

It would undoubtedly be the most labor-intensive costume I've ever done, but it would be totally worth it. Also, with my Isabela costume, I discovered I really enjoy making the crazy Wonderflexy accessory bits - which is basically The Architect's entire costume.

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 11-26-2011 at 10:20 PM.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #1043
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I am so happy I finally started my weight loss program, but only downfall is that the costumes including the Grey Warden mage can't be really made until April-May and Comic Con is in July. So I guess the making cosplays last minute will carry on its tradition. I really haven't worked much on the staff due to 2 weeks until finals and have 2 projects due in class including making a hat in design class.

After I come back from vacation that will be my focus is the staff. Plus I don't start school again towards the end of Jan.

Off topic got my school schedule and got the theatre make-up and stagecraft class I really wanted. Also have a drawing class and sociology so basically next semester is almost all hands on.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #1044
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Working on Merrill today since the xbox currently wont let me play Skyrim >_< Its probably something stupid like I was on the wrong channel or something...I'll let fiance fitx it lol
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #1045
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
Working on Merrill today since the xbox currently wont let me play Skyrim >_< Its probably something stupid like I was on the wrong channel or something...I'll let fiance fitx it lol

Ah, that sounds so much like me it's scary!!! I think I might work on Merrill as well, while my dear husband plays Skyrim. What part of the costume are you working on? I'm still on the chainmail since that's the most time consuming and I just want to get it done!

Ros, I am on facebook, do you have a link to the discussion page you mentioned? And I would LOVE to help you with your DA leathers! I'm already getting started on our costumes (there's 4 I have to make, and 1 I need to fix up) so I should have no problem fitting in a possible commission for you!

Draculina, thank you so much!! ^^ I would love to take some pix with your Morrigan! Like I said, all the plans are set for us to go to D*C this year, so if you're going there's a good chance we can bump in to each other!

Oh, and just a random question about a possible DA meet-up...is there any way we could have 2? I want to wear both Leliana and Merrill, but I obviously can't wear them at the same time, I'm thinking we could have a meet up for each game? Just on the off chance I'm not the only one with multiple costumes...
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #1046
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Xav- here is the link to the FB group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/214127388645441/

I would def be open to having 2 meet-ups! I probably wouldn't specify that one was Origins and one was DA2 tho, just leave it open to all costumes. That would allow people to wear multiple DA costumes (I'd hate to pass up my Finery for my new leathers! :3) AND give more chances for people to join in. There were a few last year that had already committed to other parade groups and had to miss out. We'll do the parade march/meet-up again for sure and then maybe another on Sunday?

I'll email you with some screen caps soon. I'm thinking either the Lothering leathers or Champion Rogue armor is the way to go. Plus I want a bow instead of daggers and you might be able to point me in the right direction there too.

2012 Costumes:

Unread 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #1047
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

@Psycho_Kitty: Good luck on the weight loss program! I'm doing the same thing, just trying to make costumes that can be easily adjusted if needed. But most of the DA costumes aren't very easy to take in, so I understand the dilemma. Last-minute costuming can be kind of a fun challenge though, sometimes.

@Xavietta: I very much hope to see your Leliana in person... it's so amazing! I'm eager to see what you do with Merrill.

@Ros: Rogue Hawke and Anders 2.0 is going to be freaking epic! *squee*

I'd also be up for 2 DA meetups at Dragon*Con next year. The DA group was one of the major highlights this year for me, so the more opportunities to hang out, the better! I also like the idea of allowing more people to attend, if they have conflicting previous obligations with one of the meetups.

I might bring Isabela back next year (with upgraded floating-dagger-magnets), depending on how everything goes. I've decided I'm going to go for it with the Architect costume. If I don't have it done in time, I have Isabela as a fallback plan.

If anyone has any decent screencaps/reference pics for The Architect, please let me know. This is all I have so far:
http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...mes/architect/

I'll play through Awakening again too, and try to get some extra screen caps of my own. The in-game version seems vastly simplified from the concept art, so I'll probably do kind of a mix of both.
Unread 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #1048
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

[quote=Xavietta;4205192]Ah, that sounds so much like me it's scary!!! I think I might work on Merrill as well, while my dear husband plays Skyrim. What part of the costume are you working on? I'm still on the chainmail since that's the most time consuming and I just want to get it done!

I was working on some straps and the leg "armor" today. It probably wont look as nice as real leather would, but I am doing my best with what I have

And UGH! I wish I could go to Dragon con! *sob* Maybe in 2013 when I am not planning a wedding! (And the rooms are all sold out anyway )

Last edited by lissiekun : 11-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #1049
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

I got a lot done over this long weekend! Work was really slow as well, so I only worked Monday, and the rest I had off! So I figured instead of sitting on my butt playing Skyrim ALL week, I was going to get stuff done.

The first 3 are of fiance's Rogue Champion costume. He says the catsuit makes him feel like he's wearing those red footie pajamas XD

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ery/photo1.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ery/photo2.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ery/photo3.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ery/photo4.jpg

Also, totally UNrelated to Dragon Age....but my friends on Facebook dont understand XD
I am trying to think of what to do AFTER Merrill is done...I will probably have to wait a bit because I am getting married next September, and weddings cost time and money.
I am trying to decide between:
Enchantress from THOR: Enchantress
Rogue from X-Men: Rogue
or Tali from Mass Effect 2: Tali

I am thinking Enchantress will be easiest and cheapest, but then my fiance will want to do Loki (film version) who has a ridiculous helmet and armor x_x What to dooooo?
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #1050
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

At least your fiance will be comfy underneath the armor! It looks great so far!

Also, I totally say Rogue or Tali. Rogue would be easier to make, I think, but Tali would be awesome to pull off!