Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 05-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #1156
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Did they remove the whole subscribed threads thing in the new layout? I couldn't find them, had to search for this thread.

I have to put some trim on Anders jacket, but I'm at a loss as to how to actually do it. I have some gold trim to use, it just seems so thin I'm not sure if I can sew it. I wish I just had a friend that sewed all my costumes for me. Anytime I try to have a friend teach me, they get frustrated and do it themselves. So I'm not really learning. Well, if I can manage to do this, maybe I can get pictures...
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #1157
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom
 
ros1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 231
Re: subscribed threads, I've been managing by going to my "account options/settings" and clicking through from there. It's still more work than it used to be, but not as awful as using the search function.

Good luck with the trim. The ribbon trim I used was pretty thin, but I used a lot of pins to hold it in place and went very slowly on the machine.
__________________
Next Con: Dragon*Con 2013

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1158
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
I'm going to get some fabric glue and see if that works.

And yeah, I discovered the subscribed threads later. I just bookmarked the subscribed threads page. Easier than having to get to it that way.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #1159
youjik33
Registered User
 
youjik33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 406
...there were subscribed threads?! I just have this one bookmarked.
__________________
2013 Cons:

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1160
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Yep there were. There was a subscribe to this thread button. It's easier to subscribe and bookmark your subscription page than to bookmark several different threads you like, so if there is a subscription page, I like to use it.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #1161
alpha_helix
beer + costumes
 
alpha_helix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,087
Pfffft yay ! I miiight finish the psycho lyrium sword tonight! The big uncertainty is paint drying time--im bad at estimating it because I'm such a n00b with props. I have the base coat done, and it should be dry by the time I get back from the bar. So, the damnable thing will be done late tonight at the earliest, probably Monday at the latest. Then I can sew an finally be back in my element.
__________________
Next Con: Dragon Con
Finished costumes: Luthien (The Silmarilion), Joffrey Baratheon (Game of Thrones) Lady Loki (Thor comics), Tevinter noble (Dragon Age: World of Thedas)
In Progress: The Bitch (genderbent Hound, Game of Thrones)
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1162
jaiitup
I'm Awesome
 
jaiitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 365
I love the Rogue champion design for Hawke in Dragon Age 2, but not a lot of people recognize the character. I went to Sakuracon this year and walked around the entire con and people kept on asking me where is that character from? it looks really cool. People were asking me what character i was cosplaying at sakuracon at the Dragon Age panel. I'm guessing not a lot of people played rogue. I brought it out of retirement this past weekend because I was talking to a Isabela cosplay and got really excited when i told her I had a rogue Hawke cosplay. So for two hours i put it on so we can take some photos.

Thats the end of my Dragon age tale.
jaiitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #1163
artisall2888
Registered User
 
artisall2888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
I just stumbled across this thread. Not sure why I didn't think to look for it last time I was on this site. I'm currently working on my first cosplay costume, Female Mage Hawke.

http://scenicpenguin.wordpress.com/

That's my blog for my costume progress so far. I build props for theatres in Atlanta, and I figured why not a costume for dragon con! I'm really happy to find other DA costumers and would love to chat and be involved in everything I can be (since most of my friends think I'm crazy for making a costume)

artisall2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1164
artisall2888
Registered User
 
artisall2888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Hello all! I just found this thread and am kicking myself for nothing thinking of searching for it earlier. I'm building a Female Hawke Mage costume for Dragon Con 2012. The blog below is following my progress on the costume. I haven't made a serious attempt at a costume yet, so I'm really excited to give it a go. I make props for local Atlanta Theatre so why not make costumes as well!

I would love to chat with some other costumers, since most of my friends think I'm a bit crazy for doing it. Is there going to be a meet up at Dragon Con?



http://scenicpenguin.wordpress.com/
artisall2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #1165
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom
 
ros1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiitup View Post
I love the Rogue champion design for Hawke in Dragon Age 2, but not a lot of people recognize the character. I went to Sakuracon this year and walked around the entire con and people kept on asking me where is that character from? it looks really cool. People were asking me what character i was cosplaying at sakuracon at the Dragon Age panel. I'm guessing not a lot of people played rogue. I brought it out of retirement this past weekend because I was talking to a Isabela cosplay and got really excited when i told her I had a rogue Hawke cosplay. So for two hours i put it on so we can take some photos.

Thats the end of my Dragon age tale.
I love Rogue Hawke! Can't wait to see your pics!

@Artisall - Hey there! Glad you found this thread. It's the best place to get tips and hints about DA2 costume construction. I love the way you are doing the chainmail! I've not seen anyone do it with 2 sizes of rings before!

Re: D*C I'm going to link you to the D*C 2012 specific thread, but since you're already in the fb group, a lot of the info will be repeat stuff and I think most of the group interacts over on fb more than anywhere else.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=261160
__________________
Next Con: Dragon*Con 2013

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1166
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Well, I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics on Saturday. Now I'm at least a bit more comfortable with my sewing machine. And I hemmed some sleeves. Still have so much to do. I don't even know where to go about getting the rings for his jacket. They're different sizes, and we can't seem to find rings in the right sizes. We got some of the small ones, but have had no luck finding bigger that weren't too big.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1167
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom
 
ros1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
Well, I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics on Saturday. Now I'm at least a bit more comfortable with my sewing machine. And I hemmed some sleeves. Still have so much to do. I don't even know where to go about getting the rings for his jacket. They're different sizes, and we can't seem to find rings in the right sizes. We got some of the small ones, but have had no luck finding bigger that weren't too big.
Here are links to the rings I used. They'll need to be painted and sealed of course.

Big front belt "buckle" - http://www.countryporch.com/darice/view.asp?item=17126

Smaller coat rings x2 and back belt ring - http://www.bearwood.com/product895.html#895

Smallest rings to hang off coat bottom - http://www.amazon.com/2-Cabone-Rings.../dp/B00281QCUG

Hope that helps some! :3
__________________
Next Con: Dragon*Con 2013

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #1168
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Lots, thanks! I know they'll work if you used them, because yours was amazing.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #1169
jaiitup
I'm Awesome
 
jaiitup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ros1908 View Post
I love Rogue Hawke! Can't wait to see your pics!

@Artisall - Hey there! Glad you found this thread. It's the best place to get tips and hints about DA2 costume construction. I love the way you are doing the chainmail! I've not seen anyone do it with 2 sizes of rings before!

Re: D*C I'm going to link you to the D*C 2012 specific thread, but since you're already in the fb group, a lot of the info will be repeat stuff and I think most of the group interacts over on fb more than anywhere else.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=261160

I only have three photos on my page, I will try to get the rest up later. I don't know if I'll where it again, Nobody recognizes rogue
jaiitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #1170
DarkHayama
Registered User
 
DarkHayama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
aww, that bearwood website has a minimum $25 purchase. And a really high shipping cost on top of that. Well, the other two will be really useful, I'll just have to try to find something else to do about the coat rings and back belt
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.