Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 05-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #1156
DarkHayama

Did they remove the whole subscribed threads thing in the new layout? I couldn't find them, had to search for this thread.

I have to put some trim on Anders jacket, but I'm at a loss as to how to actually do it. I have some gold trim to use, it just seems so thin I'm not sure if I can sew it. I wish I just had a friend that sewed all my costumes for me. Anytime I try to have a friend teach me, they get frustrated and do it themselves. So I'm not really learning. Well, if I can manage to do this, maybe I can get pictures...
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #1157
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Re: subscribed threads, I've been managing by going to my "account options/settings" and clicking through from there. It's still more work than it used to be, but not as awful as using the search function.

Good luck with the trim. The ribbon trim I used was pretty thin, but I used a lot of pins to hold it in place and went very slowly on the machine.

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1158
DarkHayama

I'm going to get some fabric glue and see if that works.

And yeah, I discovered the subscribed threads later. I just bookmarked the subscribed threads page. Easier than having to get to it that way.
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #1159
youjik33

...there were subscribed threads?! I just have this one bookmarked.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1160
DarkHayama

Yep there were. There was a subscribe to this thread button. It's easier to subscribe and bookmark your subscription page than to bookmark several different threads you like, so if there is a subscription page, I like to use it.
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #1161
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Pfffft yay ! I miiight finish the psycho lyrium sword tonight! The big uncertainty is paint drying time--im bad at estimating it because I'm such a n00b with props. I have the base coat done, and it should be dry by the time I get back from the bar. So, the damnable thing will be done late tonight at the earliest, probably Monday at the latest. Then I can sew an finally be back in my element.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1162
jaiitup
I'm Awesome

I love the Rogue champion design for Hawke in Dragon Age 2, but not a lot of people recognize the character. I went to Sakuracon this year and walked around the entire con and people kept on asking me where is that character from? it looks really cool. People were asking me what character i was cosplaying at sakuracon at the Dragon Age panel. I'm guessing not a lot of people played rogue. I brought it out of retirement this past weekend because I was talking to a Isabela cosplay and got really excited when i told her I had a rogue Hawke cosplay. So for two hours i put it on so we can take some photos.

Thats the end of my Dragon age tale.
jaiitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #1163
artisall2888

I just stumbled across this thread. Not sure why I didn't think to look for it last time I was on this site. I'm currently working on my first cosplay costume, Female Mage Hawke.

http://scenicpenguin.wordpress.com/

That's my blog for my costume progress so far. I build props for theatres in Atlanta, and I figured why not a costume for dragon con! I'm really happy to find other DA costumers and would love to chat and be involved in everything I can be (since most of my friends think I'm crazy for making a costume)

artisall2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1164
artisall2888

Hello all! I just found this thread and am kicking myself for nothing thinking of searching for it earlier. I'm building a Female Hawke Mage costume for Dragon Con 2012. The blog below is following my progress on the costume. I haven't made a serious attempt at a costume yet, so I'm really excited to give it a go. I make props for local Atlanta Theatre so why not make costumes as well!

I would love to chat with some other costumers, since most of my friends think I'm a bit crazy for doing it. Is there going to be a meet up at Dragon Con?

http://scenicpenguin.wordpress.com/
artisall2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #1165
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiitup View Post
I love the Rogue champion design for Hawke in Dragon Age 2, but not a lot of people recognize the character. I went to Sakuracon this year and walked around the entire con and people kept on asking me where is that character from? it looks really cool. People were asking me what character i was cosplaying at sakuracon at the Dragon Age panel. I'm guessing not a lot of people played rogue. I brought it out of retirement this past weekend because I was talking to a Isabela cosplay and got really excited when i told her I had a rogue Hawke cosplay. So for two hours i put it on so we can take some photos.

Thats the end of my Dragon age tale.
I love Rogue Hawke! Can't wait to see your pics!

@Artisall - Hey there! Glad you found this thread. It's the best place to get tips and hints about DA2 costume construction. I love the way you are doing the chainmail! I've not seen anyone do it with 2 sizes of rings before!

Re: D*C I'm going to link you to the D*C 2012 specific thread, but since you're already in the fb group, a lot of the info will be repeat stuff and I think most of the group interacts over on fb more than anywhere else.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=261160

2012 Costumes:

Unread 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1166
DarkHayama

Well, I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics on Saturday. Now I'm at least a bit more comfortable with my sewing machine. And I hemmed some sleeves. Still have so much to do. I don't even know where to go about getting the rings for his jacket. They're different sizes, and we can't seem to find rings in the right sizes. We got some of the small ones, but have had no luck finding bigger that weren't too big.
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1167
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
Well, I took a sewing class at Joann Fabrics on Saturday. Now I'm at least a bit more comfortable with my sewing machine. And I hemmed some sleeves. Still have so much to do. I don't even know where to go about getting the rings for his jacket. They're different sizes, and we can't seem to find rings in the right sizes. We got some of the small ones, but have had no luck finding bigger that weren't too big.
Here are links to the rings I used. They'll need to be painted and sealed of course.

Big front belt "buckle" - http://www.countryporch.com/darice/view.asp?item=17126

Smaller coat rings x2 and back belt ring - http://www.bearwood.com/product895.html#895

Smallest rings to hang off coat bottom - http://www.amazon.com/2-Cabone-Rings.../dp/B00281QCUG

Hope that helps some! :3

2012 Costumes:

Unread 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #1168
DarkHayama

Lots, thanks! I know they'll work if you used them, because yours was amazing.
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #1169
jaiitup
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros1908 View Post
I love Rogue Hawke! Can't wait to see your pics!

@Artisall - Hey there! Glad you found this thread. It's the best place to get tips and hints about DA2 costume construction. I love the way you are doing the chainmail! I've not seen anyone do it with 2 sizes of rings before!

Re: D*C I'm going to link you to the D*C 2012 specific thread, but since you're already in the fb group, a lot of the info will be repeat stuff and I think most of the group interacts over on fb more than anywhere else.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=261160

I only have three photos on my page, I will try to get the rest up later. I don't know if I'll where it again, Nobody recognizes rogue
jaiitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #1170
DarkHayama

aww, that bearwood website has a minimum $25 purchase. And a really high shipping cost on top of that. Well, the other two will be really useful, I'll just have to try to find something else to do about the coat rings and back belt