Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #1171
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
aww, that bearwood website has a minimum $25 purchase. And a really high shipping cost on top of that. Well, the other two will be really useful, I'll just have to try to find something else to do about the coat rings and back belt
WHHHHAAAAAT???? I don't remember having to do a minimum purchase before! D:

You know it has been a while since I made the costume. I think I actually used drapery rings.

Kinda like this: http://www.amazon.com/Window-Unfinis.../dp/B002RC5XN8

I remember having to unscrew the little hook from them. The only thing wrong with the ones I linked are that they are "fluted" - they aren't smooth all over like Anders' are. :\ But there's another idea for you maybe?

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #1172
grimloveline

I plan to do the Desire Demon :D http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4772587_n.jpg Ever since I played Origins I thought it would be super cool if there was someone who did a Desire Demon cosplay so I thought why not? and it would be even cooler if I did it for Dragon Age II meetup or something :DD
grimloveline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #1173
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

OMG, I finished Meredith. FINISHED! Pics later, right now I'm dog sitting at my parents house. :3
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #1174
ChancieChance

I'm planning to cosplay Bethany at some point, just not quite sure when. And I have a friend that wants to cosplay Fenris with me. I know, for me, I'd be doing Bethany's default outfit. I absolutely love her character, and the outfit is cute too.

I'd thought about cosplaying Meredith a little (she's awesome, even if she can be a little crazy at times), but ugh. All that armor. I'm not sure if I want to try to tackle that, much less wear it all.
ChancieChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1175
DarkHayama

Ros, thanks for suggesting drapery rings. I went to a Bed Bath and Beyond near me and found some for like $5 on clearance. I have to paint them, but I think they should work. I have to figure out exactly what color to use. Maybe a non-metallic gold.

Sadly, my Joanns lacks anything I can actually use to make a belt. Since it has to actually have things attached to it, I don't want to just use that ribbon stuff, like I did for my Jowy costume last year. So I was looking at the actual belt material, and apparently hoping for a proper width dark brown was hoping too much. I was going to check Hobby Lobby, but they close on Sundays heh. But it's coming along slowly. Unfortunately I may not finish it in time for Otakon, which will probably result in Youji murdering me in my sleep. ^_^;;
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #1176
youjik33

Your sleep? Pffffft that would be too kind

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #1177
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
Ros, thanks for suggesting drapery rings. I went to a Bed Bath and Beyond near me and found some for like $5 on clearance. I have to paint them, but I think they should work. I have to figure out exactly what color to use. Maybe a non-metallic gold.

Sadly, my Joanns lacks anything I can actually use to make a belt. Since it has to actually have things attached to it, I don't want to just use that ribbon stuff, like I did for my Jowy costume last year. So I was looking at the actual belt material, and apparently hoping for a proper width dark brown was hoping too much. I was going to check Hobby Lobby, but they close on Sundays heh. But it's coming along slowly. Unfortunately I may not finish it in time for Otakon, which will probably result in Youji murdering me in my sleep. ^_^;;
Hooray!!! That is great to hear! The color I used was a model paint (testors brand I believe) in brass. Good luck on the belt! And on not getting murdered. >_>;

2012 Costumes:

Unread 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #1178
DarkHayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjik33 View Post
Your sleep? Pffffft that would be too kind
Pfft, it's the only way you have a chance!

Apparently the gods of cosplay are giving me a big middle finger. Hobby Lobby totally didn't have anything I could use for belts. On top of that, apparently finding men's crocs (well, knock offs) in anything but black is not happening. And then I was too exhausted, hot, and hungry to think, so I had to go home. Maybe I can find something tomorrow.
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #1179
youjik33

Well, I didn't murder Dark, don't worry XD

Also, this happened.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #1180
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

That picture is pure win, Youjik! Love it!!!

So my rogue armor that I'm commissioning from Xavietta is starting to come together and it's so beautiful I could just cry. Let me see if I can link a picture from FB:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

2012 Costumes:

Unread 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #1181
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Oops... so it looks like I got unsubscribed in the forum shuffle a while back too. >_< I kept looking through my list and had to run a search to find the thread again. Now I have some catching up to do!
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #1182
Cascade

Hey! I've been looking through this thread and still working my way through it and finally decided to join in. I'm working on an Isabela cosplay for Denver Comic Con, and have quite a large group that better join me! Ran into them as Morrigan, but everyone's DA II so I'm joining in and making another costume...

Anyways, I had a question... Does anyone know what type of fabric would be best for Isabela's corset? I know what I'm doing for the rest and still playing around with ideas for the jewelery in my head.
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #1183
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Are you making the black "romanced" corset, or the white one? For white, I'd use the same fabric as the rest of the dress. For black... just about anything goes, I'd say. I cheated and used a black jacquard underbust corset that I purchased. :P
Unread 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #1184
Cascade

I'm just making her regular outfit and probably going to have a fake corset... Tried wearing a corset at a con on the busiest day, I lasted 45 minutes unlike all day at Ren Faire O.o I'm making the tunic out of linen probably cuz it was cheap and the texture was cool... but have extra white vinyl from an Assassin's Creed costume... But I am not making or using a real corset, maybe for Ren Faire, but not an indoors convention O.o I learned my lesson with my assassin...

We're just one character shy from two full parties too, so that's funny xD The group we had originally by accident was quite funny... Morrigan, Male Mage Hawke, Merill... and Fenris. And none of us were healers either.
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #1185
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Personally, I think linen is an excellent choice for Isabela - the texture is very similar to what I think her dress looks like. If you're going with a corset that's mostly just for looks and not one that cinches, I'd use the same linen on the outside, with a sturdy under-layer like twill or denim (just so it doesn't bunch up or wrinkle). It probably wouldn't hurt to use some lighter boning just to help it keep its shape - something like the plastic stuff they sell at Joann's.