Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 10-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
melissaortiz23

Craft Foam for Ariel Bra!

Hi all,

I am looking for 1 inch craft foam that can be molded using contact cement. Essentially I am trying to make this but don't know what kind of foam to use:

http://elizabetholdak.tumblr.com/pos...-for-halloween

I bought some foam at Michael's but it didn't work with the contact cement:

http://www.michaels.com/10178097.html#q=foam&start=26

I followed the instructions on the website and let the contact cement dry completely before squeezing the edges together to give the pieces a more rounded look but the foam did not really bend at the edges, which makes me assume that this is not the correct kind of foam.
I've tried looking everywhere I can think of with no luck on foam that is 1 inch thick that would work for this. Any help is appreciated!
melissaortiz23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
SukottoTLP
TimeLordProductions

Your best bet is going to be using something like an existing adhesive bra and building an EVA foam (Garage floor pads or yoga mats) "shell"(PUNNY!) around that. That way you don't have to worry about the foam for support, you can still build it up however much you want and shape it with a Dremel tool, and you can use a wider variety of non-caustic glues to attach it. Hope this helps!
SukottoTLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Ronan

As mentioned, look for EVA foam or L200 foam it is the same as craft foam. That foam you got is more like couch cushion padding. Depends on where you live. In the states go to a Harbor Freight store and get the "Anti-Fatigue" mats. They are about 1/2 in thick. Just glue 2 pieces together. If you really want 1 inch thick, then look up L200 foam online. There are a few places that sell it in all different thicknesses. But definitely use a bra under it, EVA has a tendency to come apart when you don't want it to.