Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #196
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

I think I'm gonna do a Luna cosplay based off of this: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d4e83r8.png

Except adding a horn and wings, I think 8D
Panne - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lyn - Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken
Palutena - Kid Icarus

Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #197
Caerix
Gamer

So one of my guy friends got me into MLP, go figure, and now I wanna do a Rainbow Dash cosplay, but in the Wonderbolt uniform. Any ideas on where I'd be able to get the uniform? Cuz I fail at sewing ._.
~Zebra (Vocaloid) - 90%
~Zoey (L4D) - 75%
Caerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #198
thatpinkiepie

Hey all! I'm pretty new around here. I'm a Canadian who just got into MLP not that long ago, but it's sort of a new obsession. I'm planning on attending BroNYCon in New York on January 7th, and I was originally going to cosplay Pinkie Pie. However, I had trouble finding a wig that would make it here in time for the con (as this was sort of a last-minute decision), and I don't really feel like dying my hair pink for a day, because I have class the day after I return from the con, as well as work (who will not like me having pink hair !@#$%^&*). So, the idea is, since I can't cosplay Pinkie, and I'm blonde... I'm going to cosplay her original pegasus form!

SURPRISE! =D *balloon explosion*
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...q6kao1_500.png

^ if you don't know, that is her name. XD She is pretty much Pinkie Pie, but white with a blonde mane/tail, purple eyes, wings, and purple ballons as her cutie mark. Anywho, I was thinking... she has wings, but I have no idea how to go about making them. Should I use layered foam sheets? I was thinking of maybe going all out and carving wings out of upholstery foam, then covering them in fur (I have a lot of white fake fur laying around), but then I realized it may be difficult getting them to stay up. I plan on using either elastic or some kind of strap to hold them up in backpack fashion, but this is the first time I have ever cosplayed anything, and I am stuck on how to make that happen - questioning how well they'll stay up and what not.

Any advice from those who have cosplayed winged ponies before would be greatly appreciated!!
thatpinkiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #199
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Hie thee to The Five Wits, young Pinkie-wan. They have a wig there that is perfect for Pinkie Pie. I got mine within two days. >^_^<

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #200
ragingphoxx

I will be doing my own interpretation of Octavia for a new years party in Denver. The one thing I did wonder about was why a pony who plays a string bass (it's not a cello peoples!) would have a treble clef for a cutie mark. But whatever!

Ragingphoxx

Purveyor of fun and insanity
(Not necessarily in that order)

In Progress:
Berserk- Evarella (redoing wig)
Disgaea 2- Etna (my own variation)
Pokemon- Ninetails Gijinka (Furisode)
MLP:FIM- Octavia Gijinka (masquerade)

Last edited by ragingphoxx : 12-30-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: erf stupid autocorrect typo
ragingphoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #201
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

Hey!

I want to cosplay as Rarity from the episode Sweet and Elite since it's my favorite. But her dress is this color: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...arity_S2E9.png (A yellow).

I'm worried it's going to look too much like Fluttershy... I'm making it a nice sundress/cocktail dress since in the episode she's going to a garden party and at a garden party being overdressed is frowned upon from my understanding. Any thoughts?
These are the patterns I'm looking at:
The red one (not pink)
Not sure which one
Longer one
The sleeveless one
I'd make the jacket too. Not sure what sleeve style.
The one that is gathered in the middle without a bow- that's where the gem would go. Not sure if long or short sleeved jacket would be made.
Shorter One
Either the long sleeved one pictured or the strapless one drawn.

Still looking through patterns, but any of those look good? Which one would look more like Rarity and less like Fluttershy if I were to use the same color fabric as the color of the dress during that part? I'd be making the hat and using a gem as well.
Kaito Jeanne (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne- 10%), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon- 20%), Cowboy!America (Hetalia- 50%), Rainbow Brite (Rainbow Brite- 10%), Railgun (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Index - 10%)

Facebook- Almost to 200 likes!

Arizona cosplayer?
rchcc122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #202
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I like the third one would be best for Rarity. And don't forget a big floppy straw hat!

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Unread 01-07-2012, 03:32 AM   #203
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

Thank you for your input!
Kaito Jeanne (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne- 10%), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon- 20%), Cowboy!America (Hetalia- 50%), Rainbow Brite (Rainbow Brite- 10%), Railgun (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Index - 10%)

Arizona cosplayer?
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #204
PyThae
On your knees, bitches!

First post in here, so first- HELLO MY BRONIES. Hailing from the UK here. Midlands cosplayer :3

Now, I kinda jsut want to show this off- I've cosplayed Rainbow Dash before at a couple of cons:
http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/41293 you can check out pics there.
I kind of went for a nice casual version- but still boyish and sporty enough to warrent being Dash. My cutie mark and wings were both embroidered by my mom :3

But the main reason I'm posting here- I notice a severe lack of Mare Do Well cosplayers! :O
I'm shocked, terribly appawled.
But anyway yes, Mare Do Well is my latest WiP, and I just wanted a few opinions.
At the moment, it looks like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/6pq5ph.jpg Detail on the mask
http://i41.tinypic.com/142bkty.jpg Best I have of the cape colour/length

For the rest, i'm thinking of like, a purple bluse, with frills down the neck, and just some purple trousers. Oh, and a purple hat, probably a trilby/fedora.

Anyone have any better ideas?
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #205
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

^ Hahaha I love your Mare Do Well cosplay!! I'm not sure if a blouse would be best though for the Mare Do Well since she seems to be a play towards Darkwing Duck maybe play with that? http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/6fd...re_do_well.jpg

In other news, my Rarity wig came in today and I'm almost done with her cutie mark necklace!
Thoughts?

Arizona cosplayer?
Unread 01-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #206
PyThae
On your knees, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchcc122 View Post
^ Hahaha I love your Mare Do Well cosplay!! I'm not sure if a blouse would be best though for the Mare Do Well since she seems to be a play towards Darkwing Duck maybe play with that? http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/6fd...re_do_well.jpg
Yeah, I vaguely remember Darkwing Duck from my childhood, and he wears like, some sort of purple jacket, but would that style work with Mare Do Well?

Maybe I could do like, a posh fitted shirt or something
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #207
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyThae View Post
Yeah, I vaguely remember Darkwing Duck from my childhood, and he wears like, some sort of purple jacket, but would that style work with Mare Do Well?

Maybe I could do like, a posh fitted shirt or something
Darkwing Duck wears a blue turtleneck, purple double-breasted blazer, purple cape with magenta lining, purple mask and gray wide-brimmed fedora with black band.

...But no pants.

And yes, I just typed all that from memory.

Unread 01-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #208
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyThae View Post
But the main reason I'm posting here- I notice a severe lack of Mare Do Well cosplayers! :O
I'm shocked, terribly appawled.
But anyway yes, Mare Do Well is my latest WiP, and I just wanted a few opinions.
At the moment, it looks like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/6pq5ph.jpg Detail on the mask
http://i41.tinypic.com/142bkty.jpg Best I have of the cape colour/length

For the rest, i'm thinking of like, a purple bluse, with frills down the neck, and just some purple trousers. Oh, and a purple hat, probably a trilby/fedora.

Anyone have any better ideas?
I just want to say that I am in love with that mask! The detail is very nice! But the second picture...yeah, it's not great. I understand it may be all you have, but it's so blurry and so far away from you that it's really hard to make anything out. I'm looking forward to how you do the rest!

And Tigress, I love you for remembering Darkwing in such detail <3
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #209
PyThae
On your knees, bitches!

@Tigress: Hahaa, thats rather impressive. But very vital, thanks! I wanna feminine it up... so maybe like, a navy vest and some sort of purple jacket/coat on top? Definately an idea i'll play around with, thanks!

@Stornraven24: I was in a rush before work haha. It's ankle length navy blue +hooded, if I get a better picture I'll get it up here.
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #210
CosmictheRunt

As much as I love this series, pony cosplay never made any sense to me.
CosmictheRunt is offline   Reply With Quote