Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #226
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

It should be fine. You should cut it and see how delicate the raw edges of your hat are. they may be fine as is, may need a bit of bias tape binding, or might even be ok with careful cutting and nothing more. At any rate, cutting a notch in a straw hat won't kill it!
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #227
Nooby Banana
I made a llama. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
It should be fine. You should cut it and see how delicate the raw edges of your hat are. they may be fine as is, may need a bit of bias tape binding, or might even be ok with careful cutting and nothing more. At any rate, cutting a notch in a straw hat won't kill it!
Thanks! I went ahead and cut out the notch and the straw was fine. I used a little hot glue on the edges and it's almost seamless. I'm thinking of stitching some leather cording into the edge of the brim as a finishing touch.
Nooby Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #228
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

That should work just fine ^^
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #229
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

...Newest episode of MLP was fun, and now I need to add Daring Do to my list. DARNIT. So now I've got Scootaloo done, Applejack and Mayor sketched, and going to add Daring Do... I need an intervention. >_<
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #230
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
...Newest episode of MLP was fun, and now I need to add Daring Do to my list. DARNIT. So now I've got Scootaloo done, Applejack and Mayor sketched, and going to add Daring Do... I need an intervention. >_<
Intervention? nonono, you just need a bigger sketchbook!

That would be the 1 time I'd LIKE to see multiple Rainbow Dash's at a con, just to see some Scootaloo(s) go nuts trying to figure out WHICH one to stalk! lol
Neko.Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #231
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Haha, yes! I want to round up Rainbow Dashes now! I was sad when I took Scoot out to EXP; of all the Dashes I found, only one recognized me. Sad Scootaloo was sad! I want to do a photoshoot with Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash... I have one photo of the two that I want more than anything: Scoot having crashed her scooter and crying over a scraped up knee and Dash comforting her. <3
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #232
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

Aww, I've seen that comic. I promise you I'll do it with you if we happen to ever end up at the same Con as Dash and Scoot

And here's a thought, if you want to be recognized, carry around a Dash plushie and get a bag that has a scooter (or heck full-out Scootaloo) on it.
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #233
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Ooh, there is a comic of that? I have not seen it! *goes to scour the interwebs*

Rainbow Dash plush! That'd be awesome. I have a scooter for Scootaloo! :3 I need to paint it blue though. I might do a bag when I don't go with my Cutie Mark Crusaders cape. I love that cape~
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #234
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

Your kidding me, I thought that's where you got the idea from! It's by Veggie (sp?) on Deviant Art, s/he has a large number of amazing comics about Dash/Scoot!
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #235
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Haha, nope! I just happened to actually crash on the scooter (it was a bit rusted and the handles sucked) and thought it'd be a cute photo. Thanks for the dA tip, found the artist and I'mma go get lost in MLP comics now. XD
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #236
Legatosgurl
I am a BANANA!!!!

I'm super psyched for this. I'm gonna try out a hoodie version of DJ PON 3 for the con I'm going to this year (assuming mom helps me sew it), but it should (hopefully) be AWESOME!!!

Final Fantasy - Physics not included.

Cosplay 2012:
MLP: DJ PON 3
Soul Eater: Tsubaki
Legatosgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #237
Odile
Comic Book Zombie

I was wondering, what does everyone consider to be the most important elements of a Princess Celestia cosplay?
Unread 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #238
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

@Odile Dat hair. Celestia's figurine may have the wrong color coat, but it's still got all four colors of her mane. Also, cutie mark visible somewhere.
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #239
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Hair, cutie mark, wings, unicorn horn, and a tiara. I'd recommend doing a white formal dress as for the clothing (if you don't want to sew it, sometimes you can find bridal gowns at a thrift store). For the cutie mark, you could either add it to the hip area of the dress (applique, paint, beading, or embroidery would work), or some do a necklace with a cutie mark symbol (sculpy or any clay of choice would work well)
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #240
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

I've always thought something incredibly regal or ethereal for Celestia. She is the ruler of all Equestria!

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote