Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #241
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

So I've recently decided to do a Zecora cosplay and finally settled on a design which is pretty much a mishmash of other ones I've seen. My issue is it seems like something's missing. I have no idea what though. Here is what I drew up (forgive the shaky lines. My touchpad and I don't get along). I was thinking maybe I should add stripes to the skirt. I'm just not sure. ._.; Could any of you lovely people offer a suggestion? Also, the white under the loincloth isn't supposed to be like white shorts. I was playing around with what color shorts I could wear with these and just never filled it in with skin tone afterward.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #242
Perrydotto
Agents are go!

I'm working on my human Spike cosplay and I think it's coming together rather nicely! Here's hoping I can style the wig properly
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #243
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryNinja View Post
Here is what I drew up (forgive the shaky lines. My touchpad and I don't get along). I was thinking maybe I should add stripes to the skirt. I'm just not sure. ._.; Could any of you lovely people offer a suggestion?
That looks lovely! I really love the hair, too. I think at least some stripes on the sides of the lioncloth would be nice. It does indeed look like something's missing from it.

And it looks like I've been bit by the inspiration bug again, this time for a Celestia gijinka. I'll be sketching it out today just to get it out of my head, but I've also come with a whole skit for her and Discord. All this is what happens to me at 6AM on the way to work xD
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #244
stonesour_17
RothStaR

Hello everypony! Brony from Dallas here! I love MLP:FIM, something about the show just speaks to me, maybe the message, maybe the characters, maybe the homage to cartoons long past, whatever I just love it and it makes me happy. Excited to meet other MLP cosplayers, would like to get a group together for either Akon or All Con, I know it's coming up quick, but hoping to meet any fellow bronies in the area here.

I have done Spike before for Yulecon, that was a fun dating game, and plan to do Discord for Akon...not the human version btw...yes I am insane. Okay well glad to be here and remember Smile, Smile, Smile!

Live in DFW area? Join the TEXAS METROPLEX COSPLAY COALITION

A-KON: Deadpool, Castiel, Crowley, Spike
DRAGON CON: Deadpool, Discord, Starkiller, Castiel
stonesour_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #245
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesour_17 View Post
I have done Spike before for Yulecon, that was a fun dating game, and plan to do Discord for Akon...not the human version btw...yes I am insane. Okay well glad to be here and remember Smile, Smile, Smile!
If only you lived closer to me! I'll be in need of a Discord at some point in the next year or so xD Hope your group for Akon comes together!
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #246
Pinkgirl

Hi! I'm planning to do an MLP cosplay for Supanova this year. I've got a pink wig and was thinking of either doing Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy. The wig I have is kinda curly, perfect for Pinkie but it's a lighter pink like Fluttershy's mane. Sorta like this colour - http://shop.cosplay.com/clover.html (first 4). I'd really like to do both of them, but right now I'm leaning towards Pinkie. Should I get a darker pink wig? Or will the one I have be fine?

EDIT: It's this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-long-...em3f14 203139

Last edited by Pinkgirl : 02-29-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Pinkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #247
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Hi! I'm planning to do an MLP cosplay for Supanova this year. I've got a pink wig and was thinking of either doing Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy. The wig I have is kinda curly, perfect for Pinkie but it's a lighter pink like Fluttershy's mane. Sorta like this colour - http://shop.cosplay.com/clover.html (first 4). I'd really like to do both of them, but right now I'm leaning towards Pinkie. Should I get a darker pink wig? Or will the one I have be fine?

EDIT: It's this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-long-...em3f14 203139
Pinkie's mane is more of a magenta or hot pink color. However, that wig is great for Fluttershy if you relax the curls.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #248
FalconW

I'm planning on cosplaying Rainbow Dash for an upcoming con. Planning on doing the Cupcakes fanfic version. Was going to do a full gore version but have decided to tone it down just in case. Not going to say there won't be blood but not as much as I originally planned.

I might also do A Preious Rainbow fanfic version too or Rainbow Dash cosplaying as TF2 Scout.

Btw, I'm a brony.
FalconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #249
HoshiSeven
dreamoforange

I was planning to do a Rainbow Dash for a con in June, but the people I was going to cosplay with couldn't afford getting wigs, but since I have the fabric already, I think I'm making the cosplay anyway! Especially since that means I have an excuse for getting a mohawk 8)
The Handmaid (Homestuck)
Lady Deadpool ?

Kpop meetup
Nana (Orange Caramel) Lipstick version. 5%

Kawaiicon:03
Lady Deadpool 20%
HoshiSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #250
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

So very many Dashies... -_-

@ FalconW:
I'm absolutely NOT a fan of cupcakes (refuse to read it in fact) but it amuses me that somone would attempt a dash based on it... curious what you end up with... (Zombie Dash perhaps?)

@ HoshiSeven:
If your doing the 'traditional' (non gijinka) Dash, I dont know how well a mohawk would fit unless you do it in a very 'horse' style (long hair all the way down) Of course if your doing the humanish (Gijinka) version, or the C+A version, then by all means go crazy! lol
Though I should point out you can get a suprisingly acurate wig for iirc ~$18 (look in the wig section, several of us got them and they're good once you spend some time styling them)
Neko.Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #251
sandysaur

I cosponyed Rainbow Dash in a group a couple weeks ago, we had a AppleJack, Fluttershy, and Big Mac, I have some pictures in my gallery if anyone's interested :)

The next pony I want to tackle is Pinkie Pie, but I have yet to settle on a design. I was kind of thinking some sort of tutu type thing, maybe with pink leggings and pink flats, but I'm not sure how I want to do the shirt/top. Does anyone have any ideas, or how did you do Pinkie Pie? :D

Last edited by sandysaur : 03-07-2012 at 04:02 PM.
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #252
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysaur View Post
The next pony I want to tackle is Pinkie Pie, but I have yet to settle on a design. I was kind of thinking some sort of tutu type thing, maybe with pink leggings and pink flats, but I'm not sure how I want to do the shirt/top. Does anyone have any ideas, or how did you do Pinkie Pie?
I grabbed a half-finished pink dress from my scrap pile (I was making it for a Ponyo costume, but decided I'd rather have the dress in red), finished it, painted on the cutie mark and put a huge poofy petticoat under it.

You can see it here: http://www.katsplay.net/pics/pinkiepie.JPG

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #253
Pinkgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Pinkie's mane is more of a magenta or hot pink color. However, that wig is great for Fluttershy if you relax the curls.
That's a good idea! I've searched on how to relax curls and it doesn't seem that hard. The other option I was thinking was dying it, but that seems a bit complicated for a beginner such as myself.
Pinkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #254
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

Hey everypony. I've been posting pics on my Tumblr. But I've been working on a Mrs. Cake cosplay and it's pretty much done(just some minor tweaking and it'll be good to go for Wondercon.)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v0gwv8.jpg My shirt, skirt, apron, and shoes. It poofs out a bit more when I wear it since I have a petticoat with it.
http://i40.tinypic.com/154cyex.jpg Pic of my wig on a wig head, shows the colors a little better. I'll be doing a magenta wash over the darker areas to get a better color set.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2d2hgu8.jpg and me actually wearing the wig. Don't worry. The bathroom is just really, REALLY, orange.

I have some jewelry accessories too. Her earrings, a big, round, beaded blue and pink bracelet, and a necklace, which I may make match the bracelet. I may or may not have some oven mitts with this costume, but I do plan to bring some treats. Also, I got a really cute pink purse to bring along.

Hopefully, I'll catch some of you guys at Wondercon. I'll be wearing this either Friday or Saturday.
AC Paradise Deviantart
livengood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #255
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

livengood - That wig is AMAZING. I love it and can't wait to see photos of it all together!
Friday: Casual Merrill (DA:2), Dress, Cowboy (Dr. Horrible). Saturday: A-20 (.hack), Dasha (Orlandia), Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter). Sunday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote