Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #46
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuriin View Post
Does anyone have any idea how these guys made their wings?
I believe their wings, ears, and horns are from Yaya Han's site: http://yayahan.bigcartel.com/products (they all look like the same models on her site, too)

But you could make your own wings out of craft foam if you want.

Last edited by Stormraven24 : 07-04-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #47
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
I believe their wings, ears, and horns are from Yaya Han's site: http://yayahan.bigcartel.com/products (they all look like the same models on her site, too)

But you could make your own wings out of craft foam if you want.
Ahhh, okay, thanks. They're expensive.. ;n; will have to make some

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #48
Gabbyv23
That one chick

I'm thinking I'll make the ears and wings out of cardboard and fleece or something :/
or if all fails... Styrofoam and fleece. I'd much rather stick with the first plan, though.
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #49
siyrean

gonna see if i can do fluttershy for fanexpo. i ordered an extra long wig for a tail but i'm not sure if i'll do one since my outfit will be based around the gala, which technically wouldn't show the tail anyways... not sure...

CostumeCon: Princess of the Crystal-Penguindrum, Cersei Lannister-ASoIaF, Steampunk
Ohio Ice and Fire con: Cersei Lannister, Modern Val-School of Thrones
Anime North: Shura, Agnes-Tiger&Bunny, Princess of the Crystal, (GB)Roman Torchwick-RWBY
Anime Midwest: Finnian-BlackButler, Shura, Ouran, RWBY PJ ver.
Atomic LolliPop:
Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Princess of the Crystal, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk
siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #50
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

I've been sucked in. I'm hoping to have Applejack done by Otakon.
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #51
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I watched some episodes of this and then didn't get around to watching more. I got addicted to it again now and really want to do a Pinkie Pie gijinka cosplay
I'm just not sure what kind of design to go for..

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #52
gules

At some point I've wanted to do nearly every pony. >_> ;; Pinkie was the hardest to choose an outfit for, but I think tutus are popular for her recently, and they're definitely easy to make if that helps any. I wanted to do Pinkie this year but I couldn't fit her in around the others. D: I was gonna do my Pinkie voice all day and sing her invitation song, too...

*sigh* Oh well. I had to have surgery so straining my voice would probably be a bad idea anyway. >_> Maybe if I make it to AWA I'll give it a try.
gules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #53
Gabbyv23
That one chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gules View Post
I wanted to do Pinkie this year but I couldn't fit her in around the others. D: I was gonna do my Pinkie voice all day and sing her invitation song, too....

THIS IS YOUR SINGING TELLEGRAM, I HOPE YOU FIND IT WELL. YOU'RE INVITED TO A PARTY BECAUSE WE THINK YOU'RE REALLY SWELL.

*inhale* yay~
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #54
han-pan

Yep, almost finalized a design for my sister's Fluttershy dress. It's going to be an A-line sundress with a little front pocket that has a butterfly on it. I figure either a pink ruffle on the bottom OR pink lace on the neckline and along the bottom. Any suggestions as to one or the other?

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #55
gules

I vote pink ruffle bottom. Then again, it also depends on how low the neckline dips. Plus, I don't like lace much since it always ends up feeling scratchy if it's near my neck. So I'm biased. >_>

But from an artistic standpoint, a thicker pink ruffle underskirt will be more reminiscent of the tail since it's pink near the bottom of her person. Assuming she'll be wearing a pink wig, you might lose some of the effect of the lace to the color of the overlapping wig.
Unread 07-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #56
nessabutterfly

My 4 year old son has become OBSESSED with MLP recently and is requesting a Spike costume. I guess that means I'm doing a pony. I might go classic though. Of course, he's determined that I HAVE to do Rarity to go with his Spike. And he wants his little sister to be Rarity's little sister.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #57
crimson001

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Yep, almost finalized a design for my sister's Fluttershy dress. It's going to be an A-line sundress with a little front pocket that has a butterfly on it. I figure either a pink ruffle on the bottom OR pink lace on the neckline and along the bottom. Any suggestions as to one or the other?
For my Fluttershy dress, I had a pink edge along the bottom and the neckline. I also had a ribbon I tied around my waist and put a bow opposite my cutie mark (ironed on towards the bottom)

But it's really your decision.
Fanime 2012
Anime Expo 2012

Costumes for this year:
God Tier Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
3 In The Morning Jade (Homestuck) - in progress
Cardverse Hungary (Hetalia) - further distressing needed
Chess Hungary (Hetalia) - planning stages
Nyotalia Canada (Hetalia) - several finished
Beach Suki (Avatar) - complete
crimson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #58
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
My 4 year old son has become OBSESSED with MLP recently and is requesting a Spike costume. I guess that means I'm doing a pony. I might go classic though. Of course, he's determined that I HAVE to do Rarity to go with his Spike. And he wants his little sister to be Rarity's little sister.
-vomits cute rainbows everywhere-
That would be flipping ADORABLE.

Gules & Crimon:
Thanks for the suggestions
I should have clarified--it's less of a for-cosplay dress and more of a dress she could wear, that SHE would know represents Fluttershy, that others who are into it MIGHT, but doesn't scream "ZOMG MLP." But, could potentially be worn as a costume too. So I guess just doing the pink ruffle would work :3
I'm probably going to do a scoop neckline I think P:

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #59
gules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Please tell me you're going to Otakon. My husband is such a huge Rarity fan that he wanted to do Spike and Rarity so he could keep being in love with me. XD That is the cutest thing I have ever heard in my whole life. YOUR 4-YEAR-OLD COORDINATED YOUR FAMILY COSPLAY. *dies of sweetness*

Also, I saw a really creative and easy Spike cosplay somewhere recently. It did Spike's... um... spikes by putting them in a headband, and then the cosplayer wore a purple hoodie and pants. You could add a tail and more back spikes to the hoodie, and give him cream front pockets. Comfy Spike!

EDIT: Someone quick! Talk me out of doing Pinkie Pie! I've already got 3 cosplay for the upcoming Otakon!

Last edited by gules : 07-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #60
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gules View Post
Please tell me you're going to Otakon. My husband is such a huge Rarity fan that he wanted to do Spike and Rarity so he could keep being in love with me. XD That is the cutest thing I have ever heard in my whole life. YOUR 4-YEAR-OLD COORDINATED YOUR FAMILY COSPLAY. *dies of sweetness*

Also, I saw a really creative and easy Spike cosplay somewhere recently. It did Spike's... um... spikes by putting them in a headband, and then the cosplayer wore a purple hoodie and pants. You could add a tail and more back spikes to the hoodie, and give him cream front pockets. Comfy Spike!

EDIT: Someone quick! Talk me out of doing Pinkie Pie! I've already got 3 cosplay for the upcoming Otakon!
No Otakon for me. I wish, but I'm on the west coast now, and even when I was in FL, we were never able to travel out of state for cons.

And this isn't the first time my son has picked our costumes. He chose our Carebears a year and a half ago (he wanted he and his sister to be hugs and tugs), and our Ponyo costumes (Sosuke, Ponyo, Fujimoto and Granmamere) he picked Squirtle for himself and helped choose Bellossom for his sister, and Mickey and Minnie were his choice as well. Oh, and he had a hand in picking Dopey, Snow White, and the Prince.

He went through a phase where he didn't want to cosplay anymore. I thought it was over, but then he started requesting costumes again. I'll make him any costume he wants within reason if it keeps him happy at conventions And he has a whole bunch more that he's picked for the future: Huckleberry Pie and Strawberry Shortcake for him and his sister with Mommy and Daddy as Sour Grapes and the Purple Pie Man, Murkey and Lurkey for him and Daddy to go along with the Rainbow Brite and Twink his sister and I already have, and he also requested Get Along Gang for Halloween this year. Cosplay is always more fun with a group! I'm just glad my kids love all of my old 80s cartoons
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote