Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #61
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
No Otakon for me. I wish, but I'm on the west coast now, and even when I was in FL, we were never able to travel out of state for cons.

And this isn't the first time my son has picked our costumes. He chose our Carebears a year and a half ago (he wanted he and his sister to be hugs and tugs), and our Ponyo costumes (Sosuke, Ponyo, Fujimoto and Granmamere) he picked Squirtle for himself and helped choose Bellossom for his sister, and Mickey and Minnie were his choice as well. Oh, and he had a hand in picking Dopey, Snow White, and the Prince.

He went through a phase where he didn't want to cosplay anymore. I thought it was over, but then he started requesting costumes again. I'll make him any costume he wants within reason if it keeps him happy at conventions And he has a whole bunch more that he's picked for the future: Huckleberry Pie and Strawberry Shortcake for him and his sister with Mommy and Daddy as Sour Grapes and the Purple Pie Man, Murkey and Lurkey for him and Daddy to go along with the Rainbow Brite and Twink his sister and I already have, and he also requested Get Along Gang for Halloween this year. Cosplay is always more fun with a group! I'm just glad my kids love all of my old 80s cartoons
Your son is awesome! Those are all amazing costume choices.
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #62
PockyAddict143
Pocky = <3

My cosplay group and I are doign MLP:FIM for SacAnime Summer haha we're beyond excited and we're hoping there are more people there doing it so we can have a meetup xD
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #63
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I'm doing a MLP:FiM group for ALA 8D We have pretty much every pony, including various background ones, haha! I'm the Pinkie Pie of the group :3

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #64
Kawaii_Kitty247

My friend and I are going to try to get a group together for a con and/or Halloween soon! I've already signed on as Fluttershy and she's going as Rainbow Dash, and my other friend is going as Pinky Pie (we're gonna try to get the whole group soon! (: )
We wanted to do it kind of low-key and affordable though. We were going to make hoodies with the cutie marks, ears, manes, tails, and wings etc.

Does anyone know how to make a good mane and tail to attach to hoodies? What's the best thing to use? (yarn, fabric, anything?) Thanks in advance!
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Completed:
Yuffie (AC)
Rikku (FFX)
Kawaii_Kitty247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #65
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

I want to do either Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy Gijinkas. Fell in love with this series even though I never ever thought I'd like a cartoon about ponies.

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #66
alchemy_girl
Memorize it bitch!

I am thinking of doing a Twilight Sparkle cosplay sometime in the future. This would probably take less time to put together than my other FiM idea:

Pinkie Pie - The 'Cupcakes' Version!

๑۩۞۩๑Cosplay:๑۩۞۩๑
Anime North 2012

๑۩۞۩๑Future Cosplay Projects:๑۩۞۩๑
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Twilight Sparkle Gijinka - My Little Pony: FiM
Pinkie Pie Gijinka 'Cupcakes' Version - My Little Pony: FiM

๑۩۞۩๑Future Cosplay Ideas:๑۩۞۩๑
Edward Elric (series or movie)
Tak (Human Form)/Gaz from Invader Zim
Kingdom Hearts
alchemy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #67
Imaginational
my mom makes my cosplays

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy_girl View Post
I am thinking of doing a Twilight Sparkle cosplay sometime in the future. This would probably take less time to put together than my other FiM idea:

Pinkie Pie - The 'Cupcakes' Version!
Well, well! I'm actually nearly finished with my own Cupcakes!Pinkie Pie cosplay! I'm excited to see that others share the same tastes as me, hahaha!
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #68
RisaSparkle

I'm having a mini dilemma about where to put Pinkie's cutie mark...on one side or just on the front of the shirt? If its on the side, which side? What is most commonly done, and does it matter to people where? (I know, I'm a bit of a perfectionist! >.>)

Also, tails? Do people usually add tails to their pony cosplays?

Thanks guys :P

Last edited by RisaSparkle : 08-07-2011 at 04:29 AM.
RisaSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #69
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisaSparkle View Post
I'm having a mini dilemma about where to put Pinkie's cutie mark...on one side or just on the front of the shirt? If its on the side, which side? What is most commonly done, and does it matter to people where? (I know, I'm a bit of a perfectionist! >.>)

Well, I know one of the animators did human!Pony designs. He just put the cutie mark somewhere noticeable. As for Pinkie Pie, he put it on the front of the shirt. Though I was planning on putting on one butt pocket as well (just because it seems to be standard to check the butts of cosplayers- stealthily- to make sure they're ponies). I'm putting mine on the right butt pocket.

And I have seen some do tails, some not. I'm personally not doing a tail, as the artwork doesn't have one :3

In other news: My Pinkie Pie is nearly done! Just need to get shoes, and put the cutie mark on the shirt and shorts! But I have the rest!! I'm so excite!

Unread 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #70
lotus machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisaSparkle View Post

Well, the great thing about gijinkas is that you have a great deal of creative input. Rather than doing some designs, my girlfriend and I made our own versions of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. I put my cutie mark on the front of my shirt, but Kaitlin's shirt was so long it covered her butt, so we just put Fluttershy's cutiemark on the bottom of her capri pants. It was cute and fit pretty nicely.

Unfortunately, I'm having that same dilemma as of now with Rarity. I want to wear a black, high-waisted pencil skirt for her, and having her cutie mark design on the butt of an outfit like that...I don't know! I'm considering maybe having a necklace with the little diamond shapes of her mark, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm sure whatever you decide for Pinkie, however, will look great. =)

edit: A note about tails -- we didn't do any, and I doubt we will for Rarity and Sweetie Belle either. However, we also plan on doing some background character ponies, and if we do, we probably will add tails and ears simply to make them more recognizable, since the main cast don't really need them for people to be able to identify you.
lotus machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #71
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus machine View Post
Well, the great thing about gijinkas is that you have a great deal of creative input. Rather than doing some designs, my girlfriend and I made our own versions of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. I put my cutie mark on the front of my shirt, but Kaitlin's shirt was so long it covered her butt, so we just put Fluttershy's cutiemark on the bottom of her capri pants. It was cute and fit pretty nicely.

Unfortunately, I'm having that same dilemma as of now with Rarity. I want to wear a black, high-waisted pencil skirt for her, and having her cutie mark design on the butt of an outfit like that...I don't know! I'm considering maybe having a necklace with the little diamond shapes of her mark, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm sure whatever you decide for Pinkie, however, will look great. =)

edit: A note about tails -- we didn't do any, and I doubt we will for Rarity and Sweetie Belle either. However, we also plan on doing some background character ponies, and if we do, we probably will add tails and ears simply to make them more recognizable, since the main cast don't really need them for people to be able to identify you.
For Rarity, might I suggest something? Maybe use jewels (like bedazzling stuff) and arrange them in the shape of her cutie mark, on the side of the dress? Like... oh god I wish I could draw so I could show you what I mean.

I think jewels in the shape would be a bit more elegant than just slapping on a cutie mark.

Though the necklace idea is cute too!

Unread 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #72
lotus machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
For Rarity, might I suggest something? Maybe use jewels (like bedazzling stuff) and arrange them in the shape of her cutie mark, on the side of the dress? Like... oh god I wish I could draw so I could show you what I mean.

I think jewels in the shape would be a bit more elegant than just slapping on a cutie mark.

Though the necklace idea is cute too!
Thank you so much! Dear lord, suggest away. I think that sounds really pretty as well. I was considering something like that. For Pinkie and Fluttershy, we used iron on transfers, and I simply don't want to do that for Rarity. She's too stylish for that, haha!

I'll look for some diamond shaped gems and see what I can do. If I can't use them on the skirt, I'm sure I can use them on a necklace, so it's a win-win either way!

For the outfit, I was thinking a short-sleeved white blouse with the black high-waisted pencil skirt, with hose and some simple high heels. What do you think?
lotus machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #73
livengood
Jojofags-r-us

I'm actually doing a MLP gijinka group too. Though I don't believe we have our date set(I'm thinking it'll be ALA)

Right now, we have a Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and myself as applejack.

If any other applejack cosplayers are looking for a cowboy hat, but don't or can't afford a stetson. Look into a brand called Eddy Bros.

I dug some old hats out of the closet that were my grandfather's(he passed away in 83) inside were two cowboy hats. A black Stetson, and a brown Eddy Bros hat.

The color is a little darker then Applejack's hat. But it works well, and out of respect for my grandpa, I'm not going to cut a notch into the hat.

http://i54.tinypic.com/20u3mty.jpg

The picture is pretty yellow because of the paint and lighting in the room. But the hat is pretty close to applejack's hat color, and the shirt is the same color as her hair. I'll have a different wig for the costume(I just threw that one on quickly)

I'll have a couple other details added in. Like a handkerchief around the neck with an apple painted/embroidered on it, and a vest in the color of Applejack's coat.

I got my jeans too(a darker tan color) and still need to find some cowboy boots.

Also, the rarity cosplayer wants me to draw her boyfriend a genderbent Twilight sparkle. Though the poor guy isn't too keen on what she wants. She wants the more fashionable kind of look. But he wants something more like a graduate, or a wizard. I think I'd rather go with what he wants.
AC Paradise Deviantart
livengood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #74
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

Just trying to decide which pony to do. There are a few Fluttershys already going to ALA, so I thought Rarity, because I love her and she's not as popular. I heard there was no Rainbow Dash for the ALA group and I like her design best- is that true? If there is already a Rainbow, I may as well do Princess Celestia, since I'd have to dye a wig for either one. Decisions... ^_^; In Rarity's favor, I wear white glasses anyway, so could incorporate them into her design. Can anyone who's attending ALA let me know what the group is looking like so I can decide and finish my cosplay on time? Thank you very much!

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Cosplay ALL of the ponies!!!
Yainawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #75
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Got my shoes for Pinkie Pie!!!! I am SOOOO excite!!! I just need to put the balloons on the shirt then I'm done!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yainawai View Post
Just trying to decide which pony to do. There are a few Fluttershys already going to ALA, so I thought Rarity, because I love her and she's not as popular. I heard there was no Rainbow Dash for the ALA group and I like her design best- is that true? If there is already a Rainbow, I may as well do Princess Celestia, since I'd have to dye a wig for either one. Decisions... ^_^; In Rarity's favor, I wear white glasses anyway, so could incorporate them into her design. Can anyone who's attending ALA let me know what the group is looking like so I can decide and finish my cosplay on time? Thank you very much!
Why do you care so much that other people are going? Because if you do, then don't even go. We have a group of every single main pony, including various background ponies. XD;; Don't care who others go as. Because honestly, you will NEVER be the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus machine View Post
For the outfit, I was thinking a short-sleeved white blouse with the black high-waisted pencil skirt, with hose and some simple high heels. What do you think?
Well, Kreoss's artwork is this. Which he told me that's a lavender knee length skirt. If you like that idea, I'd go with it :3 As long as you make her fashionable, you'll be fine!

Last edited by Axelai : 08-10-2011 at 12:36 AM.