Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 10-23-2003, 02:57 PM   #1
Lafiel
The Pasty Princess

Witchwigs = Not internationally Friendly?

Don't get me wrong, I usually order all my wigs from Witchwigs.
I have given them plenty of my business, even if the swatchs on the website aren't the right color :\

Normally I would always get my friend in California to order for me and I would pay him back. Usually because I'm rushing and I need the wig ASAP.

Well on Oct 6th I decided that it would be enough time for me to place the order for myself. The next day I recieved an email stating that

"Due to restrictions on international shipping imposed by United Parcel
Service, we are unable to offer the standard free ground shipping option to addresses in Canada, Europe, and other international locations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may choose to ship via 3-day select, or any higher level of service. You order has not yet been processed, and no charges have been made to your credit card at this time. We will await notification from you on how you would like to proceed. "

Which is 17.50 usd...

So one of the options was to email them back to inform them to send it, which I did promptly.

So 10 days goes by, I haven't heard anything from them and haven't recieved the wigs. So I'm getting a little frustrated.. I send off another email. Just confirming to please bill my CC and send me the wig. I just want to get some status on the wig.

Still nothing.
Also faxed them..

So I try to call their "toll free number", which "doesn't" work anywhere but in the United States (It tells me its not a valid number). So I call the Retail store... the guy tells me they have nothing to do with the Online store and they can't give me the number. I tell him my mini dilimeia, He says he will email the online store and tell them to call me.

Now it is almost 10 days later...
Still nothing.

Out of desperation I ask a friend who lives in the states to call the number, first its busy, and then he tries numerous times to have the system hang up on him. FINALLY he manages to get through to only leave a msg on their machine to tell them to call him back...

And now we are waiting..

I know its Halloween and its busy, which is why I ordered at the beginning of the month. It must have not been that busy if they can send me an email back right away telling me its an additional $17 to ship the wig..

Which mind you, for that price should be coming via FEDEX.

So my question is, how is an international Customer suppose to get in contact with Witchwigs if they aren't answering emails?

While I tend to use Email a lot (and fax, but not so much), nothing assures me more that my order is handled then a voice at the other end. That I can get answers right away.

*Sigh*

I just wanted a wig for halloween

**EDIT**

Ok I was going to delete this, since my friend did finally manage to get a hold of someone after calling a few times, they told him it was sent mon/tues and should be here before Halloween.

Lets hope Canadian customs doesn't screw it up and hold it for to long.. Still have to cut the wig !

Last edited by Lafiel : 10-23-2003 at 03:04 PM.
Lafiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2003, 12:08 AM   #2
Hikaru Tsuki
Glorificent

Living in Canada stinks when it comes to buying things from the US online. On Ebay and on several online stores, they WAY overprice their shipping, it's ridiculous. It's as if they think Canada is on the other side of the world. -_-;;; What always gets me ticked off, though, are the people on Ebay from the US who totally refuse to ship to Canada. Wtf?!
Hikaru Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2003, 01:17 AM   #3
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

What sucks is that it costs more to ship within Canada!!

I can send stuff to ANYWHERE in the world for about half the price it costs me to send stuff elsewhere.... *Argh*

The best online place to order from (from a fellow Canadian standpoint) is Victoria's Secret. They have a warehouse in Ontario so you don't need to clear customs!! yay!
Unread 10-29-2003, 12:28 AM   #4
Lafiel
The Pasty Princess

So I got my wig today..

And its the WRONG COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear that site either needs to update its swatchs or the person distroing the colors needs glasses.

I ordered Golden Blonde, and what I got looks more like there ash blonde.

I have had these problems before with their blues!
I ordered light Blue and it ended up being aqua. If anyone has any connections to anyone on the website please tell them to update their color swatchs (((
Lafiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
Muralasa
iPLAY

[...]

iPLAY - infornography cosplay

*~*

Last edited by Muralasa : 08-12-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Muralasa is offline   Reply With Quote