Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3961 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #15061
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSphere View Post
HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG.

Also, loads of people on this train have BURGER KING. The entire train smells of BURGER KING.

When I originally typed that, auto correct thought I meant BURGER LONG.
XDDD *Snort*

Emmers - You are being so awesome right now, you cute little sushi Queen. <3 I would definitely recommend anyone curious about sushi to read your posts. X3
(But the big photo of inari has made me drool. T_T)

Does anyone know the name of little sushi rolls that are maki-like but instead of being wrapped in seaweed they have something else (roe, chives, etc.)? ;o

Fiance might know. :B

Gyoza are very tasty. I also love karaage, chicken yakitori and chicken (and pork >_>) katsu.

Generally, if it's a fairly plain and/or breaded piece of fried meat, I like it.

Last edited by Nathus Dorkus : 06-09-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #15062
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
I LOVE SUSHI. My favourite is Chop Chop. I also like Gyoza, but that's not sushi....I think.
GYOZA, YO!
Never really had Gyoza, funny enough.

I did have some curry octopus though. I warn anyone who wants to try it, it's pretty chewy no matter how you cook it and its flavor is minimal. It soaks up the sauce of whatever its cooked in.

But damn is it fun to eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDosik View Post
Thanks Lithium Flower for the info! I'm gonna try to drag my family to come so we can all order different stuff and try a bit of each person's order.

I'll be sure to remember (or print... most likely print) your post for reference.
Haha I just realized how complicated sushi can be xD Most places have pictures on their menu of what the sushi roll looks like, so that can help you figure it out a bit more.

Just the important things to remember is generic 'sushi' is the roll. Maki sushi are smaller rolls, temaki are cones. Sashimi is raw and nigiri has rice.

@rori-

EMMERS DRAWBERRY....SUSHI QUEEN

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #15063
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Now that's attractive.
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #15064
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathus Dorkus View Post
Now that's attractive.
Countered with derpface

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #15065
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

*Fapfapfap* >:C
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #15066
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
*Fapfapfap* >:C

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #15067
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #15068
Lithium Flower
Handphones

ಠ_ಠ

no Rori no.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #15069
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #15070
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleeleelee View Post
I'm going to go to town on a vietnamese rice bowl as soon as I get off of work. I also may hit up downtown to see all of the people for A-Kon 22 walking around/gettin' crunk!
At first glance, I read that as "I'm going down on a vietnamese rice bowl". The image conjured in my mind was... actually, probably not that different from going to town on one. You can tell what's been on my mind lately, though.

RICE.

Frankly, I am a little dismayed that people equate "sushi" with "all Japanese food". I EXPECTED MORE FROM A BUNCH OF ANIME FANS.

I really must get into the habit of wearing sunscreen every day. When you can see a little burn on your arms after 15 minutes in the car, you know this must become a necessary component of your toilette. It does look like rain now, and I think they were predicting thunderstorms-- very bad thunderstorms, if I recall, but honestly we just really need the rain. I hope something besides searing rays of cancer comes out of the sky today.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #15071
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Frankly, I am a little dismayed that people equate "sushi" with "all Japanese food". I EXPECTED MORE FROM A BUNCH OF ANIME FANS.
I hope that isn't directed at Emmers or myself. o~o

I like sushi, and SOMERANDOMMEATS. Other than that, I am a very picky eater, so there isn't much Japanese food that I like. (Some noodley things, sweets, blargh)
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #15072
MDosik

Quote:
I really must get into the habit of wearing sunscreen every day. When you can see a little burn on your arms after 15 minutes in the car, you know this must become a necessary component of your toilette. It does look like rain now, and I think they were predicting thunderstorms-- very bad thunderstorms, if I recall, but honestly we just really need the rain. I hope something besides searing rays of cancer comes out of the sky today.
Yeah, it's freaking hot here. And we're expecting thunderstorms as well. Which personally, I don't mind. I enjoy them.
MDosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #15073
sam vimes
A real live wire

You know what's not great?

When you've been waiting four days for severe humidity to break and it starts pouring, only to stop abruptly ten minutes later. Now I can feel the water on the ground evaporating in addition to the dampness in the air that's been pressing down on me ALL FUCKING WEEK. I AM BLOODY SICK AND TIRED OF THIS NONSENSE AND I WISH IT TO END.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #15074
leeleeleelee
X-Force Intern

Quote:
Frankly, I am a little dismayed that people equate "sushi" with "all Japanese food".
I was totally part of that crowd until my Japanese friends took me to this super authentic whole in the wall around here where the menu is spread across all of the walls in Japanese script. Now, I'm all about the fried and grilled rice balls and rice in green tea soup with tempura veggies.
Tron (Tron Legacy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
...what the actual hell. I think you've just guaranteed your romantic doom here.
leeleeleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #15075
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I hope that isn't directed at Emmers or myself. o~o

I like sushi, and SOMERANDOMMEATS. Other than that, I am a very picky eater, so there isn't much Japanese food that I like. (Some noodley things, sweets, blargh)
No, of course not. You two can tell your maki from your nigiri.

For the record, anyone who's curious, California rolls are Western-style sushi. They're very popular in the U.S., etc., but not really served in Japan. There is a lot of sushi (and, in general, food served in Japanese restaurants throughout the U.S.) that has been adapted for Western palates and is not really representative of authentic Japanese cooking. This is similar to how most Chinese restaurants here are serving, overall, bastardized versions of Chinese dishes or dishes that did not originate in China at all.

I'm not trying to be a snob about it; I have absolutely no problem with Japanese-American, Chinese-American, or any other adapted cuisine. I eat them all the time. I just think people should recognize the distinction.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote