Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3833 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Now I can't stop thinking about the misadventure that was Eddie Murphy's musical career.

Thanks a heap, Michi.
You're welcome!

Seriously though I love that video. It's all about their bromance.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #17
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aearon View Post
Yeah... I believe that was due to the constant attacks on people in them. Mods don't like it when people break the rules.
From you, this is shocking

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Yeah... I believe that was due to the constant attacks on people in them. Mods don't like it when people break the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
both of you, don't start or this one will get closed too. geez people...............

today is sort of boring, if only because roomie has the day off work (yay i get to torment him!) but lil man is also out of school so no going anywhere because he can be a pain sometimes. wednesday my mom and i are having a "girl's day out" while he's at school, which is something we haven't done for a long time ^_^ and my parents are taking lil man with them to visit family in minnesota, which i'm a little nervous about but looking forward to at the same time because it's another very quiet long weekend. he's 5 so plenty old enough, but has never been away from me long distance like that

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
nannyogg
:)

I'm home from work today, recovering from bronchitis It kinda took some of the fun out of Naka-Kon, I think I spent more time sleeping than doing anything else. But we did win a "Judge's Choice" award in the Masquerade (from the workmanship judge)!
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
Yukikittie

Quote:
Partially my fault, I was the creator. I should have regulated it more. ):
BUT, I'm still kinda pissed.

Last edited by Yukikittie : 02-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
Aearon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Umm. I'm trying to find a new job so that when our lease is up in May, my boyfriend and I can get a place just the two of us without roommates. I like my current job a lot, but if I don't get more hours/a promotion/something soon I just can't do it anymore.
Good luck in your search. I just recently got a call-back from a nice full-time design job, so that's exciting. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
O.oa I'm generally pretty good about not attacking anyone and only commenting on current topics. Unfortunately, some people enjoy attacking others directly instead of discussing topics. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire View Post
both of you, don't start or this one will get closed too. geez people...............
No worries. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukikittie View Post
Partially my fault, I was the creator. I should have regulated it more. ):
Awww.. *Pats.* It wasn't your fault. It sure wasn't your responsibility to monitor and change how people respond in a thread you create. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #22
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
O.oa I'm generally pretty good about not attacking anyone and only commenting on current topics. Unfortunately, some people enjoy attacking others directly instead of discussing topics. :/
maybe so, but i noticed you like to respond to people who generally take your comments as attacks and it degenerates into rudeness from all involved... and that's why threads get locked. better just to not go there at all, and when people clearly don't like each other, don't comment on each other's posts. that's not directed at any 5 people in particular, but everyone here. let's not keep getting threads locked ok?

/momvoice

i just noticed that your avatar looks like you have no eyebrows. this is kinda cool!

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I really want wendys for dinner. I owe a friend a milkshake, do you think she'll take a frosty instead?
since a Frosty is like a more awesome milkshake, I can't see why not.

speaking of food, kinda...

The cat food bag says "Pro Plan" on it... "Pro," like, none of this amateur food for cats. No sir, the cat is going to earn an MBA for finishing the bag. This has been making me giggle every time I think of it.
If pie is delicious, I will compliment the person serving it to me.
If they made the pie, I will absolutely compliment them on having made it, too.
-- kiratsukai
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #24
Aearon

Quote:
maybe so, but i noticed you like to respond to people who generally take your comments as attacks and it degenerates into rudeness from all involved... and that's why threads get locked. better just to not go there at all, and when people clearly don't like each other, don't comment on each other's posts. that's not directed at any 5 people in particular, but everyone here. let's not keep getting threads locked ok?

/momvoice

i just noticed that your avatar looks like you have no eyebrows. this is kinda cool!
*Nods.* I'm not sure why they degenerate into rudeness. I try to keep my comments on-topic and as straight-forward as possible without bringing emotion into the discussion.

lol... Yeah... I bleached my eyebrows along with my hair there. XD That was my first cosplay before I knew about the whole gel / eye shadow and other tricks to change your eyebrow color. XD
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #25
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyogg View Post
I'm home from work today, recovering from bronchitis It kinda took some of the fun out of Naka-Kon, I think I spent more time sleeping than doing anything else. But we did win a "Judge's Choice" award in the Masquerade (from the workmanship judge)!
boo! on the bronchitis, but yay! on the award!

Quote:
and my parents are taking lil man with them to visit family in minnesota, which i'm a little nervous about but looking forward to at the same time because it's another very quiet long weekend. he's 5 so plenty old enough, but has never been away from me long distance like that
aw, that's sweet. I bet he'll love the adventure of the travel and being "on his own." and while you'll miss him you could probably make a looooooooong list of things you'll get to do while the house is quiet.

and /momvoice cracked me up.
If pie is delicious, I will compliment the person serving it to me.
If they made the pie, I will absolutely compliment them on having made it, too.
-- kiratsukai
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #26
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Good luck in your search. I just recently got a call-back from a nice full-time design job, so that's exciting. =D
Interesting.

What kind of design job?

Dayum, I hope I get a reply from that foreign currency exchange job. Since I'd love to be a Travel Agent/Rep, and apparently this is a good way to get in. They had a job near me and I applied, they said they'd get in touch over the next four weeks *fingers crossed* I neeeed a job.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #27
Aearon

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Interesting.

What kind of design job?

Dayum, I hope I get a reply from that foreign currency exchange job. Since I'd love to be a Travel Agent/Rep, and apparently this is a good way to get in. They had a job near me and I applied, they said they'd get in touch over the next four weeks *fingers crossed* I neeeed a job.
Mechanical Design working primarily in AutoCAD and Solidworks. I used to do the exact same job when I lived in Colorado and I loved it (with the exception of my boss) so I'm trying to get back into the field.
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #28
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

I had an audiogram today as part of a medical assessment for a job this summer. It was pretty neat! They would play a ringing or buzzing noise in one side of a pair of headphones and it would get steadily quieter; I had to press a Jeopardy-style button every time I heard the noise. I'm not sure how well I did, but I could hear some of the faintest noises. It's kind of strange, but some noises are so faint that you can feel them more than hear them, if that makes sense.

Maybe I was a dog in another life. That would've been pretty awesome. Sleep all day and get tummy rubs, aww yee.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #29
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I had an audiogram today as part of a medical assessment for a job this summer. It was pretty neat! They would play a ringing or buzzing noise in one side of a pair of headphones and it would get steadily quieter; I had to press a Jeopardy-style button every time I heard the noise. I'm not sure how well I did, but I could hear some of the faintest noises. It's kind of strange, but some noises are so faint that you can feel them more than hear them, if that makes sense.

Maybe I was a dog in another life. That would've been pretty awesome. Sleep all day and get tummy rubs, aww yee.
I haven't had one of those since I was in grade school. Dang! Sometimes I had trouble on them; I wound up puncturing my own ear drum with a q-tip when I was wee, and it took a while to regain all my hearing on that side.

Kids, don't play with q-tips.

In current news... STILL THROWING UP. Can't wait for the "golden trimester" to begin and all this queasiness to be over.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
Silhac
Finally found this option

I got my car probably totalled just a few hours ago. It got broadsided by a guy who had no license, probably false insurance, and seemed like he was high on drugs...he spent the entire time cussing me out, then my dad when he arrived, and almost got arrested by the police officer who showed up finally when he tried it on him.

I'm just happy I'm alive and mostly undamaged myself.
Silhac is offline   Reply With Quote