Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3700 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #35506
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ugh, I hate the expressions most runway models have. Dead-eyed, too much makeup, bored to death and with the expression, if discernable, saying "UGH I FUCKING HATE THIS". Hell, not even any of the struts that 80's models had. (Also, I agree that most fashion is effing ridiculous and virtually impossible to actually wear in public without looking stupid as hell or heinously unflattering. If it was on a runway, under no circumstances should it be worn off a runway.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #35507
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

^ I don't really get why in all these modelling shows I see they bitch about a girl having "lack of expression...

Then you see these chicks on the run way... bah
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #35508
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If "lack of expression" today means their raccoon eye is half a millimetre too closed from half-closed and it's got less than a completely dead look to it, I could sympathize...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #35509
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I've also heard the theory that fashion designers hate women and enjoy making them look grotesque. I tend to think of these shows as a parade of costumes rather than something anyone would ever wear in real life. But even with that attitude - most of those were hideous! XD
I agree, they're pretty obviously not meant for everyday wear (again, unless you're Lady Gaga), and part of the point is pushing the limits of what can be done with various materials intended to be worn on someone's body. I get that. But then there are people that legit spend more money than I make in a year on things clearly designed by someone who enjoys making the human body look as terrible as possible. JOKE'S ON YOU, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
What's up with their ridiculous facial expressions?
Dude, if I had to sashay around a catwalk in one of those getups, I'd be looking like I hated myself and everything in the universe, too. I don't care how much money I was getting paid to do it.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #35510
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

#42 is my favorite outfit of the fashion link. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX0jw...eature=related

I think it would be pretty damn hawwwt if the double v shirt starts to be the new fashion. lol
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #35511
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post
#42 is my favorite outfit of the fashion link. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX0jw...eature=related

I think it would be pretty damn hawwwt if the double v shirt starts to be the new fashion. lol
I'm choking on chilli from this xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #35512
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I think I'm getting the hang of this baking business...I managed to cut my slices into even pieces (roughly) this time; http://fav.me/d4npemm

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #35513
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

No class tomorrow! Homework done for Monday and Tuesday! Going to goof off tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow to go to the dermatologist since I broke my stitches. But they are still firmly in my arm, just not effectively.

I think I'll play the sims.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #35514
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Ugh, I feel so sick, so I skipped my karate class tonight. I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #35515
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
I just looked.... frankly I'm not surprised this is pretty much how "high end fashion" always looks... fucking ridiculous.
I....I've always known that 'high end fashion' looks ridiculous, but I.....I've never seen anything as ridiculous as that.
I thought the beginning was really bad. And then I scrolled down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Dude, if I had to sashay around a catwalk in one of those getups, I'd be looking like I hated myself and everything in the universe, too. I don't care how much money I was getting paid to do it.
This...this is true. Very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Ugh, I hate the expressions most runway models have. Dead-eyed, too much makeup, bored to death and with the expression, if discernable, saying "UGH I FUCKING HATE THIS". Hell, not even any of the struts that 80's models had. (Also, I agree that most fashion is effing ridiculous and virtually impossible to actually wear in public without looking stupid as hell or heinously unflattering. If it was on a runway, under no circumstances should it be worn off a runway.)
And why are any of these clothes even made if they can't be worn ANYWHERE?!
But like...they can at least look confident. And not have this odd pouty look on their faces.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #35516
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

D'aw, boyfriend just walked in with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Third anniversary, whoot! Even a full day of school can’t ruin it.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #35517
Kuriin
DO NOT THROW SOULS

Best friend was forced along to a psychologist but won't tell me what's up ;; Worrying for her... blgh

Next Con: Motaku???

.:Working On:.
.:Flandre Scarlet -Touhou
.:Nepeta Leijon- Homestuck

dA
Kuriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #35518
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I hate it when people have to make everything about them. I have this friend Jo who is getting married next month. She has been talking about NOTHING else. I get it, she's excited. But today, two of my close friends announced their engagement. They have been together almost as long as I have known them (which is about 12 years), so I was really stoked. I updated my Facebook status congratulating them, and the first thing Jo does is say, " The "I'm engaged" club is an awesome club to be in! Congrats!"
We get it... you're engaged too. Can you let someone else have the spotlight for TWO SECONDS?? Jeez.
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #35519
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Hibachi and Ice cream for dinner. <3

...I think I might throw up from eating so much...
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #35520
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

I'm seriously considering going to bed now just so that I can barge downstairs in 5 minutes and tell my family to shut up that I'm trying to sleep.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote