Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3998 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #40081
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Painting is insanely expensive. Know what else is super costly? Fucking copic markers. For a pretty one-tone picture like [img="http://emmersdrawberry.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d47gsvl"Ibuki here[/img] I ran out of TWO colors.

At $6 PER MARKER that adds up real quickly when I work with anywhere from 4-6 different skin tone markers alone :/ holy balls man. For realzies.

It always makes me smile when someone says that artist's make big money and they don't have to buy hardly any supplies. It's like "Oh you must be new here" /awkward penguin/

It's actually cheaper for me to do the wood burning's then it is traditional medium works in copics. BUT DON'T TELL NOOBODDDY. Though that's mostly because I am using the pen and sanding supplies that Boyfriend had before I came along so I didn't actually have to buy that stuff myself >__>
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #40082
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Painting is insanely expensive. Know what else is super costly? Fucking copic markers. For a pretty one-tone picture like [img="http://emmersdrawberry.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d47gsvl"Ibuki here[/img] I ran out of TWO colors.

At $6 PER MARKER that adds up real quickly when I work with anywhere from 4-6 different skin tone markers alone :/ holy balls man. For realzies.

It always makes me smile when someone says that artist's make big money and they don't have to buy hardly any supplies. It's like "Oh you must be new here" /awkward penguin/

It's actually cheaper for me to do the wood burning's then it is traditional medium works in copics. BUT DON'T TELL NOOBODDDY. Though that's mostly because I am using the pen and sanding supplies that Boyfriend had before I came along so I didn't actually have to buy that stuff myself >__>
I don't even touch my art markers anymore. I have a whole set of Prismacolours that I got and went "THESE MUST NEVER BE TOUCHED." I stole one once from Michaels because I was pissed that it was so expensive, but I felt so bad about it I actually brought it back to the desk a week later and told them what I did. Nobody cared.

In a sort of related story, I knew a girl once who stole a pottery wheel from that same Michaels in her hobo bag. A pottery wheel. Not just a pottery wheel, but she also nicked one of those craft-in-a-box things, a knitting loom and about 7 lbs of yarn. In a pocketbook. I had no idea either, we got into her car after I had paid, and she starts pulling shit out of her purse like she's Mary Poppins or something and I'm sitting there like a jackass going, "When did you pay for that? I didn't see you go through the register..."
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #40083
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

Can you say D-D-D-DOUBLE KILL?

Killed a roach with my shoe kung fu. It's friend came in as reinforcements. I smacked him too, but this one was resilient. Survived the hit and fell somewhere. Trying to be all NINJA. And I was all like LOL MOVE TEH FURNITUREZ. Scurried on out and I got it.

I JUST FEEL SO MANLY RIGHT NOW.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #40084
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

First day of break feels wonderful....sleep is wonderful.
I WILL BE PRODUCTIVE TODAY
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #40085
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
I don't even touch my art markers anymore. I have a whole set of Prismacolours that I got and went "THESE MUST NEVER BE TOUCHED." I stole one once from Michaels because I was pissed that it was so expensive, but I felt so bad about it I actually brought it back to the desk a week later and told them what I did. Nobody cared.

In a sort of related story, I knew a girl once who stole a pottery wheel from that same Michaels in her hobo bag. A pottery wheel. Not just a pottery wheel, but she also nicked one of those craft-in-a-box things, a knitting loom and about 7 lbs of yarn. In a pocketbook. I had no idea either, we got into her car after I had paid, and she starts pulling shit out of her purse like she's Mary Poppins or something and I'm sitting there like a jackass going, "When did you pay for that? I didn't see you go through the register..."
I will steal the shit out of those markers your not using. I will rob you blinnnddd. But seriously, prismacolor is just as-if not more-expensive. Boyfriend bought me a set of their colored pencils, they normally go for like $30 but at the he was working at an office supply store that had them on sale for around $10.

I can honestly say I've never stolen anything. I couldn't bring myself to knowingly steal something, I say knowingly because of this one event with my mother..

She had put an iron fire poker in the bottom of the shopping cart at walmart-it was very thin and hard to see on the bottom of the trolley. We used self check out to pay for the other stuff we had and by the time we got to the car we didn't realize we hadn't paid for the fire poker thing and hauled it into the car.

At home my mother realized we never paid for it and flipped out, that week she brought it in and the returns desk was like: Derp? They told her something to the effect of "You could have kept it you know..."

No shit she could have, but we where kinda sorta trying to NOT be thief's. The thing didn't even trigger the alarm when we left and yes it had all the tags on it.

And that was the day Emmers was an accessory to a crime.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #40086
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Me before cardio/strength training:
'No big deal, I got this shit'

Me after cardio/strength training:
'OH SWEET BABY JESUS WHY'

I am fairly sure I threw up air at some point and didn't realize it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #40087
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm watching Project Runway on style. It's the first season - they all look so young!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #40088
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
they all look so young!
For some reason this made me giggle.

Edit: GAIS. Friendship is Magic is now on instant watch on Netflix.

You'll never see me again.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 04-06-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #40089
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Have I mentioned that I love lemon curd? Because lemon curd is delicious!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #40090
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Hard boiling eggs to dye tonight. Had no idea how to hard boil eggs, I had to google it.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #40091
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Hard boiling eggs to dye tonight. Had no idea how to hard boil eggs, I had to google it.
Thankfully it's not very complicated.

I was thinking of doing some natural dyes and then turning the eggs into egg salad or something, but that would require me to buy fruits and vegetables we don't have laying around, and I don't feel like it. If I have time tomorrow night, though, I'll probably do some baking. I have ingredients on hand for a lemon-raspberry coffee cake, and maybe some little cupcakes for the kids or something.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #40092
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Well, I knew the basic idea - eggs and water in large pot, boil water. The issue was how long to boil it for. I don't eat eggs so I've never made them before.
These eggs will most likely be tossed after Easter, unless gf's roommate eats them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #40093
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Made some hard boiled eggs this mornin', they came out amaaazzzinnnggg.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #40094
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Well, I knew the basic idea - eggs and water in large pot, boil water. The issue was how long to boil it for. I don't eat eggs so I've never made them before.
These eggs will most likely be tossed after Easter, unless gf's roommate eats them.
Send them to me, I make a mean deviled egg.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #40095
jessthecoolcat
Official KH fangirl X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Made some hard boiled eggs this mornin', they came out amaaazzzinnnggg.
You said we wouldn't see you again. X3
Cons-
Anime Matsuri
Oni-Con
(Occasionally) A-kon
Delta H Con

Cosplays planned-
Kaito (VL) 23%
L (DN) 85%
Kida (DRRR!!) 70%
jessthecoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote