Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4008 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #40201
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
No much, man. Hangin', chillin', little bit of illin'. I think I'm going to have to skip the Sakura Matsuri this year, which I'm not thrilled about, so I'm trying to talk Louis into going to the Philadelphia Comic Con. We wouldn't even need a hotel, we could stay with my mom. I could bring my brother and sister-in-law, too.
I'm missing the SM as well this year. Carrie will be at ACEN selling her wares that weekend, and I have a Rammstein concert that Saturday night, so I'm gonna need my rest.

I've heard a ton of good things about Philly's Comic Con, but I can't afford it this year. I'm also doing like....3 comics-heavy con so it ain't no thing. What you have cooked up costume wise if you do go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I don't remember where that was --- if I even saw it. Ya should have said hello! (An hello that would likely have went unheard as it was drowned by the crowds)

PAXEast is the best convention experience I've had so far.
It was Saturday, you were near the Gunstringer booth chatting up an Alice costumers. I did yell your name out a few times, but no such luck, as I was literally next up to play Crimson Dragoon. Glad you enjoyed PAX East though, and hey, there's always next year.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #40202
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I'm missing the SM as well this year. Carrie will be at ACEN selling her wares that weekend, and I have a Rammstein concert that Saturday night, so I'm gonna need my rest.

I've heard a ton of good things about Philly's Comic Con, but I can't afford it this year. I'm also doing like....3 comics-heavy con so it ain't no thing. What you have cooked up costume wise if you do go.
Dunno yet. I'm DYING to wear Rogue again, so probably that. Maybe Zatanna, since I've only worn her once. Maybe Lara Croft, same reason. It would also depend on if and what my sister-in-law wanted to dress up as, she was my Poison Ivy at NYCC last year.
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #40203
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Dunno yet. I'm DYING to wear Rogue again, so probably that. Maybe Zatanna, since I've only worn her once. Maybe Lara Croft, same reason. It would also depend on if and what my sister-in-law wanted to dress up as, she was my Poison Ivy at NYCC last year.
As a card-carrying comics nerd, I say go w/ Rogue/Zatanna, as they would probably get more pop. But Lara would probably be more comfortable in the summer.

<--- Swear to god, looking out for your best interests, not convincing you to wear as little pants as possible.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #40204
sunseenli

Quote:
As a card-carrying comics nerd, I say go w/ Rogue/Zatanna, as they would probably get more pop. But Lara would probably be more comfortable in the summer.

<--- Swear to god, looking out for your best interests, not convincing you to wear as little pants as possible.
::laughs:: Rogue's actually the MOST covered; neck to wrists to ankles, for obvious reasons. Zatanna has NO pants to speak of, which was unnerving when I wore her, but I honestly can't imagine wearing Lara out in public. I think I'd need a team of bodyguards to keep from getting assaulted. (Can you think of any volunteers? Your wife looks hot holding a gun.)
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #40205
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sighmy holiday's over and now I'm on the train back home. But the trip was excellent; I got a delicious assortment of Lindt easter candy, lots of fun times out, and I earned myself a much-appreciated/needed $50 for designing/making an interior for a collapsible banjo case (essentially, I had to sew and glue cloth over a bunch of specially carved cushioning, and make and attach velcro straps and make little "pillows" for the banjo neck to rest on. And he's perfectly willing to hire me to help with more in the future if he gets more demand for collapsibles. ^^ (bf's Dad makes customized banjos and dulcimers as a side job)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #40206
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
::laughs:: Rogue's actually the MOST covered; neck to wrists to ankles, for obvious reasons. Zatanna has NO pants to speak of, which was unnerving when I wore her, but I honestly can't imagine wearing Lara out in public. I think I'd need a team of bodyguards to keep from getting assaulted. (Can you think of any volunteers? Your wife looks hot holding a gun.)
She does. I would link a photo of a gun-toting Carrie here, but, um, apparently she doesnt have any of those types of photos on her ACP account. You'll just have to settle for Black Widow.

http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=54804

And by "assaulted" you mean "hug requests, photos and terrible pick up lines" right.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum, but props to PAX to upholding their beliefs:

http://kotaku.com/5900134/skimpy-out...d-to-leave-pax

Unread 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #40207
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'm not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere on the forum, but props to PAX to upholding their beliefs:

The workplace is being a bitch and not letting me into any sites discussing this. Synopsis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #40208
sunseenli

Quote:
She does. I would link a photo of a gun-toting Carrie here, but, um, apparently she doesnt have any of those types of photos on her ACP account. You'll just have to settle for Black Widow.

http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=54804

And by "assaulted" you mean "hug requests, photos and terrible pick up lines" right.

Whaat? She doesn't have Bayonetta cosplay pics on here, or ACP? Tell her she needs to get to updating, STAT.

I'd trade you pictures of your hot wife for pictures of my shirtless husband, but, um, I'm guessing it doesn't work that way.

And no, I was thinking of New York Comic Con, where some of the fans are a lot less socially awkward and a lot more...socially aggressive. (And Philly is just the devil. I fear for my life in Philly.)

You know, I'm all for "No costume is NO COSTUME", but do you really think the Lollipop costume is that bad? I've/we've seen worse.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #40209
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
The workplace is being a bitch and not letting me into any sites discussing this. Synopsis?
A cosplayer portraying the protagonist of the game "Lollipop Chainsaw" was asked to leave PAX or wear more clothes, because the skimpiness of her outfits (a bra and skirt cheerleader uniform and a pink bodysuit with absolute cleavage) clashed with their "no booth babe" policy and they were getting too many complaints.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #40210
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
A cosplayer portraying the protagonist of the game "Lollipop Chainsaw" was asked to leave PAX or wear more clothes, because the skimpiness of her outfits (a bra and skirt cheerleader uniform and a pink bodysuit with absolute cleavage) clashed with their "no booth babe" policy and they were getting too many complaints.
I pretty much figured out that's what it was. And wouldn't you know it, your link is blocked too! Stupid job.

Kind of curious what the outfit in question looks like, and find it bizarre that PAX East has that policy, given how much Chainsaw Lolipop is basically Fanservice: The Game.

@Sunseeli: Is that Jamie M. I see in your gallery? Small world.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.

Last edited by sam vimes : 04-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #40211
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

O_o, my link was just a google image search for "Lolipop Chainsaw", so I doubt it's possible for anything to get past your work.

The body suit's a shocking pink bodysuit with roughly a third of the middle of the front missing from the collar to just above the hipline (exposing the middle 1/3 of the wearer's chest and abdomen). The cheerleader outfit's pretty much a generic "sexy cheerleader" outfit (sports bra, short pleated skirt and thigh highs).

A bit harsh, but I suppose PAX is supposed to be more family orientated than other events.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #40212
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
O_o, my link was just a google image search for "Lolipop Chainsaw", so I doubt it's possible for anything to get past your work.

The body suit's a shocking pink bodysuit with roughly a third of the middle of the front missing from the collar to just above the hipline (exposing the middle 1/3 of the wearer's chest and abdomen). The cheerleader outfit's pretty much a generic "sexy cheerleader" outfit (sports bra, short pleated skirt and thigh highs).

A bit harsh, but I suppose PAX is supposed to be more family orientated than other events.
Family-oriented?

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #40213
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
It was Saturday, you were near the Gunstringer booth chatting up an Alice costumers. I did yell your name out a few times, but no such luck, as I was literally next up to play Crimson Dragoon. Glad you enjoyed PAX East though, and hey, there's always next year.
Dang, as usual I'm pretty oblivious to my surroundings at cons unless I'm alone --- that was either one of the other amazing Alices or one of my friends who was rooming with me for the weekend.

After this weekend, I really want to go next year too --- kind of hoping SakuraCon and PAXEast aren't the *same* weekend again.

Quote:
::laughs:: Rogue's actually the MOST covered; neck to wrists to ankles, for obvious reasons. Zatanna has NO pants to speak of, which was unnerving when I wore her, but I honestly can't imagine wearing Lara out in public.
I've gotten photos of all these characters --- I can't speak much for US Comic cons or Anime cons (AB gave me an average vibe in regards to people behaving, especially when compared to PAX).

But I do know Canadian cons are safe and populated with friendly individuals that would totally photoswamp you.*

*Not saying this only because this guy wants to see you wearing those outfits.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #40214
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Whaat? She doesn't have Bayonetta cosplay pics on here, or ACP? Tell her she needs to get to updating, STAT.

I'd trade you pictures of your hot wife for pictures of my shirtless husband, but, um, I'm guessing it doesn't work that way.

And no, I was thinking of New York Comic Con, where some of the fans are a lot less socially awkward and a lot more...socially aggressive. (And Philly is just the devil. I fear for my life in Philly.)

You know, I'm all for "No costume is NO COSTUME", but do you really think the Lollipop costume is that bad? I've/we've seen worse.
Carrie does indeed has a Bayo costume on ACP (3 of them), which I completed forgot about because i'm running on a sever lack of sleep and am retarded. Goo.

http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=41873
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=47991
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=35169

Quote:
I pretty much figured out that's what it was. And wouldn't you know it, your link is blocked too! Stupid job.

Kind of curious what the outfit in question looks like, and find it bizarre that PAX East has that policy, given how much Chainsaw Lolipop is basically Fanservice: The Game.

@Sunseeli: Is that Jamie M. I see in your gallery? Small world.
Quote:

Quote:
Family-oriented?
1) There's a sever no-booth babe policy at the PAX shows. Meaning companies cant pay $200 to girls they find on Craigslist to pimp their games. There are ways around that, like having girls who know their stuff work the booths in costume. While it seems Warner Bros got approval for the default outfit, they didnt run the 2nd costume by PAX, which lead to complaints.

2) Yeah, I'm confused by these policies. Case in point: Last year Mortal Kombat was uncensored and on the floor. Not for nothing, I'd be more upset over having my child see a dude get strung up by his organs than seeing a boobie.

3) There were "Hell of babies" at PAX this year, and a small portion of their programming revolves around parenting and gaming, which is cool.

4) Yes that is a Jamie M.

5) As for my stance on the matter: I'm really cool with the no booth babe policy, as NYCC is drowning with obnoxious booth babes trying to sell me crap I don't care about. PAX, on the other hand, has people who actually care about the product their selling. I didn't mind having Jessica work the LPCS booth, as she obviously DOES care about the game/character, and knows her stuff (I did swing by said booth to fawn over Suda 51, which was RAD!). But if the majority of the attendees dont want that type of thing there, I'll deal.

What I find funny is that this is a "major story", yeah no one is speaking about the drug bust at Anime boston, in which the cops busted a few con staffers with a pound of weed in their hotel room.

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 04-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #40215
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Her first outfit is over all the posters of the game.

Totally surprised people complained about *her*, there was a vincent cosplayer in boxers and bare-chested too -- and staff has said it was totally fine.

Never saw her in the second outfit --- she was already a total match for the first!

---

EDIT: I'm getting a confused message from the article, but it does seem it's the booth babe thing that got her the warnings. Since there were many people showing their nipples (Men!) and assets (Women!) on Saturday, though this gets "big news" on Kotaku for obvious reasons.

I don't care about booth babes unless they try to directly sell me stuff. Fan-Expo was annoying in the regard, the place had several models in booty shorts and shirts showing cleavage passing out crap like popcorn and AXE (Like my friend, I'll assume you got AXE if you stunk --- I got popcorn, SCORE!).

Then the G4 girls all in black bodysuits and red wigs, then the girls trying to get people to try the games at their booths.

That cosplayer worked the booth, but didn't coddle people into trying out the game/preordering/etc --- which works fine for me, fail to see the problem other than she's a hottie and it might bother the hormonal balances of folks.

---

PAX let you wander the halls with little problems, some people used coincidences to attract attention to their booth. Like this shot got me to the Pirate Cove Bingo place because I ended up showcasing their sign in that way XD

The expo hall is amazing, just saying --- spent most of my time there.

Last edited by Kildread : 04-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote