Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3680 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #43096
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yay! - for both SV coming home and cute hair. I hadn't realized that you and LD were still on your own. ):
Well, SV's mom is staying with us, so it's taken a lot of burden off of me having someone to look after him. I can come home at night and have a bit of a breather, then get a full night's sleep, provided I can fall asleep at all. Last night I put him to bed and stayed up reading A Feast For Crows for a few hours.

But SV's been in the hospital since Friday and he's kind of desperate to be home at this point. He should be home by 7pm.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #43097
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I wonder if I am the only one who found the blog written in the POV of a dying 5 month old, but written by her parents, to be incredibly unnerving...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #43098
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

How would it not be? Heck, I'd not only find it unnerving but flat-out sickening.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #43099
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
How would it not be? Heck, I'd not only find it unnerving but flat-out sickening.
It was her parents writing it from her POV, and detailing each post is her completing her own 'bucket list'-she passed away recently and her father updated the blog with what he said was a note that the daughter wrote before she died. A note in her POV talking to her parents.

No one deserves to have their child taken away, and this family has gotten a lot of money raised for various testing procedures relating to the infants illness, but I cannot read these blogs without becoming incredibly unnerved and bothered. Especially when they wrote a note to themselves from their dead baby.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #43100
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Well, SV's mom is staying with us, so it's taken a lot of burden off of me having someone to look after him. I can come home at night and have a bit of a breather, then get a full night's sleep, provided I can fall asleep at all. Last night I put him to bed and stayed up reading A Feast For Crows for a few hours.
Glad to hear you had some help. Is Feast for Crows the second one? They've all become a blur for me at this point.

Quote:
But SV's been in the hospital since Friday and he's kind of desperate to be home at this point.
No doubt. Hospitals are horrible places.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #43101
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Feast of Crows is the 4th one I think.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #43102
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Yes, FFC is the fourth. I haven't read any of the others. We have all of them, but I grabbed that one at random.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #43103
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Yes, FFC is the fourth. I haven't read any of the others. We have all of them, but I grabbed that one at random.
That may be lead to confusion.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #43104
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I had to google to remind myself but, yeah, wasn't crazy about that one. No Tyrion. No John Snow. I'm not interested in any of the Greyjoy's bullshit. I keep meaning to watch Season 1 of the show and haven't gotten around to it.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #43105
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Seriously, why is red bean paste so good?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #43106
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
That may be lead to confusion.
A little, but not too bad. I can keep up pretty well and I've read enough about the series to fill in most of the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I had to google to remind myself but, yeah, wasn't crazy about that one. No Tyrion. No John Snow. I'm not interested in any of the Greyjoy's bullshit. I keep meaning to watch Season 1 of the show and haven't gotten around to it.
The Greyjoy stuff has thus far been really uninteresting, and overall it seems pretty heavy on Cersei, whom I really can't stand. I mean, we're supposed to hate her, she's a reprehensible person, but I don't find anything sympathetic and I don't find her entertaining enough that I can enjoy hating her.
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #43107
Lithium Flower
Handphones

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #43108
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Upset about something dear?
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #43109
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

^ I lol'ed. XD Ahh, Twilight Sparkle. She can be even more terrifyingly crazy than Pinkie Pie.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #43110
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Upset about something dear?
Me? WHAT DID I DO!?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○