Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3998 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #43696
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I guess I should remember this site is back up.
That makes 2 of us yo.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #43697
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My mum's friend got back. She has some qualis eggs to sell! ^_^

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #43698
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Ugh! Don't feel like work today, but at least I finally got my sister to agree this morning to take me to get my first tattoo some weekend soon. <3 Very excited.

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #43699
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I want to make muffins (I have a tray and everything!) but I never have those little paper cases when I need them. >_<
Just grease up the muffin tin real good and dump those suckers right in. If you wait until they're totally cool to take them out, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Naps: I want all of them. The average person requires 8-9 hours of sleep to function normally, but I'm pretty sure I require somewhere around 11 or 12.

I have to find an opportunity to donate blood before I get another tattoo. I'd like to do that before the summer's over. I'd also like to get my nose pierced again, but I think I'll wait until Little Dude's old enough that he won't constantly try to yank a stud out of my face.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #43700
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Naps: I want all of them.
I definitely want one right now. Last night I dreamed that I went to Korea. I woke up feeling jet-lagged. :/

Quote:
I think I'll wait until Little Dude's old enough that he won't constantly try to yank a stud out of my face.
Ow?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #43701
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Ow?
He's very in to tugging at any jewelry, glasses, anything like that someone is wearing. I'm pretty sure that if there's something shiny in my face, he's going to make an attempt at pulling it off me.

So, uh, I would not recommend reading this if you are prone to arachnophobia. It reminded me of something out of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #43702
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Just grease up the muffin tin real good and dump those suckers right in. If you wait until they're totally cool to take them out, you shouldn't have too much trouble.
We happened to have exactly enough little paper cup things to make this batch. Which for some reason is an 11 count batch of muffins when the tins have 12 muffin holes.../shrug/

I didn't wait long enough for my muffin to cool before ripping it from the paper, so I gnawed on the paper to get the bits of muffin off it.

Quote:
Naps: I want all of them. The average person requires 8-9 hours of sleep to function normally, but I'm pretty sure I require somewhere around 11 or 12.
I used to be the person who could go to sleep at like..12am and wake up at 7 or 8 and be bright sunshiny. Now I feel like I am going to fall over when I sleep in until 10. STOP YAWNING SELF. IT'S ALMOST 1 GODDAMN IT.
Quote:
I have to find an opportunity to donate blood before I get another tattoo. I'd like to do that before the summer's over. I'd also like to get my nose pierced again, but I think I'll wait until Little Dude's old enough that he won't constantly try to yank a stud out of my face.
Somehow I imagine having lots of piercings and a new babeh as being particularly difficult. Like the first episode of Rugrats where Tommy keeps pulling on his mothers dangly earrings while she's on the phone.

Wouldn't nose rings technically be small enough for a baby to swallow? Like if he did yank it out he could promptly shove it down and you'd have something fun to look for in his poops.

UPDATE BECAUSE I FORGET TO SAY STUFF SOMETIMES OKIE DOKI LOKI:
Boyfriends dad left me $20 last night for Boyfriend and I to grab dinner (boyfriend wasn't home yet) and so we got Chinese take-away. Boyfriend got a buttload of sweet and sour chicken and I got pepper steak. We had quite a bit of the $20 left over but his dad told Boyfriend to keep it, Boyfriend left me a $5 for me to go grab lunch somewhere if I wanted to. The left over pepper steak wasn't very filling, it was less then 5oz of the entree and not even 1/4 cup of rice was left :| but there's a Mcdonalds about 15 minutes down the street.

.................................................w ant.

My icon makes it look like Twilight Sparkle is chewing a leaf.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 05-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #43703
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Wouldn't nose rings technically be small enough for a baby to swallow? Like if he did yank it out he could promptly shove it down and you'd have something fun to look for in his poops.
That's my other concern; I lost a few when they got pulled out while I was toweling off after a shower or something like that, so it probably wouldn't be that hard for him to pull it off and stick it in his mouth before I wrestled it away from him.

You can't wear any body jewelry when giving birth, on the grounds that if you wind up getting a c-section (which happened with me, so there you go), there's a chance the jewelry will redirect the electrical current from the electrocautery device they use and it will burn you. I had to take my stud out, didn't have a filler for it, and the hole closed while I was in the hospital. If I wind up getting it pierced again, I'll make sure to have a couple of retainers on hand.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #43704
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
That's my other concern; I lost a few when they got pulled out while I was toweling off after a shower or something like that, so it probably wouldn't be that hard for him to pull it off and stick it in his mouth before I wrestled it away from him.

You can't wear any body jewelry when giving birth, on the grounds that if you wind up getting a c-section (which happened with me, so there you go), there's a chance the jewelry will redirect the electrical current from the electrocautery device they use and it will burn you. I had to take my stud out, didn't have a filler for it, and the hole closed while I was in the hospital. If I wind up getting it pierced again, I'll make sure to have a couple of retainers on hand.
Dude I can't even keep track of where all my hair elastics go. I can't imagine keeping track of something as small as a nose stud. That's like the iPod Shuffle of body jewelry-once you lose track of it, it's gone forever.

The holes can close up that quickly? When I was itty bitty (10) I got my ears pierced the first time and I was too afraid to ever take the studs out. I was convinced that even 6 months later it was painful to remove them. So once my mother finally made me take them out and put new ones in I was in tears and absolutely convinced that it was horrifically painful. One night one of them fell out so I took out the other and eventually the holes closed up.

I was around 13 before I finally got them redone. Which is fine because the first time the dumb broad doing the piercing did it so they weren't even.

In other news, meet the Japanese dwarf flying squirrel.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #43705
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
The holes can close up that quickly?
It varies from person to person, but yeah, it can. I was in the hospital for five days and spent another week at my mom's house before we went home; by the time we were at our own house I wasn't able to put the stud back in. Not like it was a day or two, but then some people are able to keep their piercings out indefinitely and then just pop 'em back in.

Quote:
In other news, meet the Japanese dwarf flying squirrel.

WANT TO SNUGGLE.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #43706
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am scared to leave my earrings out now...I haven't worn any for YEARS and got a new pair at Acen that are just pretty little pearl-like ones that I can still fit in just fine. BUT I AMASCURRED.

Who's gonna go get a chicken wrap at Mcdonalds? THIS HOE.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #43707
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I don't wear much jewelry because of my nickel allergy. I know of one website that sells nickel-free items but their jewelry section is not that large. I do need a new belt though...

http://www.nonickel.com/catalog/Nick...welry-3-1.html

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #43708
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I gave two holes in each earand my top left one closes up really fast. The rest are okay but that one doesn't want to stay open. It's kind of annoying.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #43709
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm allergic to nickel too, but wokring in jewellery shops has set me up with a massive collection of silver, gold, pewter and other nickel-free jewellery. And yah, I'm still in the habit of always having my earrings in. When I last got them recovered in 2010, the piercer told me to keep earrings in at all times for a year afterward. The habit stuck, so I'll usually keep in sleepers or such for a week, or switch between fancy earrings for the day and little studs when I go to bed. I'm debating on piercing my cartilage this summer, but since I got my bobbed haircut, you don't generally see my ears compared to when I could pull it back.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #43710
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I went over 6 years without wearing my earrings and I am able to still put the news on in fine. I AM SUPER HERO WOOO!

An hour later and I have a salad and snack wrap. /open mouth/ /stuff face/

Edit for swag;
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 05-11-2012 at 02:56 PM.