Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3817 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #43816
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I posit an alternative theory; The planet of ponies was made by humans for the hell of it.

It's been calculated that MLP are roughly 3 feet high, based on the 8 foot tall candy cane in "The Secret of My Excess"; much smaller than normal horses. By all rights this should mean that they lack a large enough gut to digest plant matter efficiently yet they are (as PP herself put it) "completely vegetarian", implying that rather than being actual equines, they're some sort of creature which was made (or happens) to resemble them (not to mention they're capable of consuming dairy products; something that most mammals cannot do past infancy which along with their size suggests neoteny). While only unicorns have explicit magic, pegasi are able to fly using wings which are far too small to carry them and treat clouds as solid ground (itself an ability that a unicorn can confer with magic) and Pinkie Pie is clearly able to bend the laws of reality despite being an Earth pony.

Therefore, I submit that all ponies are magical (or created using sufficiently advanced technology) in nature. With this in mind it's not too much of a stretch to assume traces of human perceptions of horses are present and the result of them being an artificially created species living on a planet named after that of their creators. The fact that the world has explicit guardians with similarly unlikely physiology (the princesses, Discord, etc) and responds to their stimuli re-enforces the impression of an artificial ecosystem, as does the fact that some natural processes must be carried out manually or through magic (case in point; Winter wrap up).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Assuming that the ponies are not biological creatures, but somehow made through human technology or other interference that still poses the question on 'where did they all go'? It's explicitly stated that their planet is Earth and it's geographically similar to different parts of the Earth. It has mountain ranges, river currents, forests, deserts, and is shown to have volcanoes. By all suggestion it IS our Earth at some point either in the far future, or the very far past.

The sizes of the majority of ponies is extremely unbalanced to the ones that are shown in leadership positions , such as Princess Celestia and Aria (Queen of Changlings) who are also shown as being relatively thin in comparability to the average pony.The small ponies that are depicted as thin tend to be in positions of wealth or high social standing. It could be suggested then that at some point all ponies will eventually grow into the size of Celestia. Celestia has been the Princess since before Granny Smith was a child and was shown to be the same size and 'age' as she is in the current time line. Making her extremely old compared to all other ponies and yet seemingly ageless once she hit that point in maturity. It could be that ponies age much slower in relation to 'real life' horses, having normal timed youths (like the Cutie Mark Crusaders) and having exaggerated youths (the Mane Cast ages) The mane cast are shown to be considered adults in living in their own homes, and holding jobs, it could be possible that at this stage in their lives they will not reach full maturity (Celestia) until a particular event has occurred such as maintain the required nutrition to grow (similarly to young women athletes who do not get their menstrual cycles). We see elder ponies and donkey's, but something must happen to certain ponies that would cause them to mature into the stages of Celestia and Luna.

It could be guessed that humans set out to create the magical creatures based on old legends and fairy tales, and it back fired. Knocking us out of the top spot on the food chain when met with powerful magic and predatory animals. Assuming that this takes place either far into the future or further back in time then we have recorded knowledge of the atmosphere of Earth could be relatively unstable, causing certain areas to be constantly in one season or having sporadic changes which the ponies found a solution for.

Oh mah god this sammach is amaazzinggg

Fullbleed-It is exactly that. And magic. More magic.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #43817
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Or it could be a gingerbread cookie.

(Sakura-- Oh man I know. It was so odd for me too, especially because I tended to draw it well... wait until you talk about female cycles. Man, it's ridiculously complicated and awful.)
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #43818
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post

(Sakura-- Oh man I know. It was so odd for me too, especially because I tended to draw it well... wait until you talk about female cycles. Man, it's ridiculously complicated and awful.)
Um..I thought it was a gingerbread cookie too. XD

Lollllllll haven't gotten there yet but man am I glad I'm not a guy.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #43819
Lithium Flower
Handphones

But it's still in the shape of a human!

Man I want this.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #43820
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh god I hate weeding. Even with those fancy prongs where you don't have to bend over. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't an entire ACRE of ground to pull every single damn weed out of. X_X
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #43821
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post

Aren't gingerbread men shaped like people in the first place though?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #43822
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Heh. I actually dug up my old akatsuki hat sans the cloth strips on it (aka, those straw cone-shaped sunhats you see all over Southeast Asia and Chinese/Japanese farmers- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_farmer%27s_hat ). Screw the staring motorists. This thing is awesomely shady and way comfier than a normal hat.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #43823
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Aren't gingerbread men shaped like people in the first place though?
Yes?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #43824
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

Self taught (from my inspiration on deviant art) how to do backflips and got my Sexy no Jutsu Omoi costume ready for FANIME!! ^w^
Kanako Maeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #43825
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
But it's still in the shape of a human!

Man I want this.
Augh yes I want it too.

Also, the Phoenix Wright fans seem to think that humans exist in the Equestrian world too.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #43826
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Well, that's the end of the Aga. It's been switched off and we've bought an electric oven to use (since it was costing an obscene amount in gas to keep going).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #43827
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Juno just walked inside and announced loudly "I am back!" /snort/

Had Olive Garden for dinner, was deliciouusss.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #43828
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I had a thanksgiving sandwich and lemon meriangue pie. And I wore my pretty yellow sundress with matching sweater. Now I'm in my pjs.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #43829
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Had a good night, hung out with friends, ate too much pizza. Saw possibly the strangest film of my life. Anyone ever seen Perfect Blue? It's not like its full of weird shit like so many animes, its just that the plot has SO MANY twists and turns and you're never really sure whats happening and its real or not. And no one can expect that ending. Seriously fugging watch it. Perfect Blue. It is 18 so you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #43830
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm hungry. I ate dinner around 330, it's almost 9 so I'm not surprised, but now I don't know know what to eat. I don't think ice cream is substantial enough...
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote