Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3601 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #44011
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Rrrrgh. SHUT UP, LAWN MOWERS. Not a day goes by where one of the four closest neighbours AREN'T mowing their damn lawn or weedwhacking. And they all take absolutely forever to do their itty bitty yards and drown out everything inside the apartment for the three or so hours they'll spend on the backyard. I for the life of me cannot fathom how it can take someone THAT long to cut grass AND regularly take that long. Mom can cut her acre of yard in one hour on a riding mower, and she generally can only manage to do so once or twice a month, so the grass is quite long by then and needs to be gone over slow or twice. How do you take half the day to cut about 100 square feet with a regular mower? Back when I had mower duty as a kid (before houses with such giant amounts of lawn made a riding mower necessary) I'd get the front yard done in MAYBE thirty minutes, tops.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #44012
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I'm no longer on academic probation... yay =D
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #44013
Lithium Flower
Handphones

HURR.Today has been so slow at Boyfriends work he's emailing with me on his down time. Considering his boss has literally said "Wow we have nothing to do..." and has resolved himself to Farmville until customers come along-it seems as if summer isn't their busiest season >>

I've gotten 8 emails from him since around 2pm, 4 of the emails are from between 3-3:52.

He's got to be bored out of his mind right now xD
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #44014
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
That's what I hear, although I wouldn't be playing it online.

And probably won't be able to play it at all, since our laptop isn't built for gaming.

P.S. you need to take a class for Excel? What the hell are you trying to do in Excel that requires a class?
If you had a rig built for gaming, you HAVE to be online to play the game at all times. Which is why the servers are currently shut down, and hell of nerd rage.

As for excel, I need to learn how to do some advance data formatting, pivot tables, vlookup, and deal w/ conditional if/then statements in order to move myself up the corporate ladder.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #44015
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
If you had a rig built for gaming, you HAVE to be online to play the game at all times. Which is why the servers are currently shut down, and hell of nerd rage.

As for excel, I need to learn how to do some advance data formatting, pivot tables, vlookup, and deal w/ conditional if/then statements in order to move myself up the corporate ladder.
Ah, well then, I guess it's a good thing I don't have a rig built for gaming because FUCK MANDATORY ONLINE PLAY.

I love spreadsheets, but that shit sounds painful. Godspeed to you.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #44016
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Ah, well then, I guess it's a good thing I don't have a rig built for gaming because FUCK MANDATORY ONLINE PLAY.

I love spreadsheets, but that shit sounds painful. Godspeed to you.
Yeah, it's whack, but it's not like ppl are actually protest it by not buying the damn thing or anything like that.

And thanks. Making spreadsheets would be one thing, but the position I'm applying for needs more than that. :/

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #44017
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I'm usually not fond of dressing up animals but this got a big DAWWWW out of me: Journey cat cosplay
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #44018
Kildread
I can fix it!

Required online connection for games: I've read rumor (So they're more dubious than factual) articles and thought so myself as time went on and I noticed more games 'pinging/requiring contact with their mothership'.

Is the next generation of consoles going to require an internet connection? Blizzard is certainly one of the big game makers, and while they have the benefit of making games with a multiplayer component, there's also titles on Steam requiring internet access (Without offering much multiplayer)...

Does ME3 require an internet connection even on console for Origin?
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #44019
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

What is it about cupcakes?

I posted a picture of 6 cupcakes I made out of boredom on my dA (I didn't even ice them very well and there weren't any paper cups to use....) and I end up with more comments in a few hours than I've got on any of the last 10 or so pictures. O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Required online connection for games: I've read rumor (So they're more dubious than factual) articles and thought so myself as time went on and I noticed more games 'pinging/requiring contact with their mothership'.

Is the next generation of consoles going to require an internet connection? Blizzard is certainly one of the big game makers, and while they have the benefit of making games with a multiplayer component, there's also titles on Steam requiring internet access (Without offering much multiplayer)...

*instant Steam defence team*

Actually, you don't need to be online to play (offline, obviously) games on steam (and haven't had to be for years).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #44020
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
What is it about cupcakes?
They're really trendy in the US.

Quote:
Only if you do the multi-player.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #44021
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Actually, you don't need to be online to play (offline, obviously) games on steam (and haven't had to be for years).
You sure? It's been a long time, so that might have changed --- but in the era I played HL2/Episode 1/2, I could only get Steam to let me on the game when I had internet plugged in. Otherwise it told me it wouldn't work in offline mode :/

Same deal with Left 4 Dead (Which has a single player component).

Might only apply to Valve titles, or at least, those with the whole Steam protection scheme.
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #44022
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
You sure? It's been a long time, so that might have changed --- but in the era I played HL2/Episode 1/2, I could only get Steam to let me on the game when I had internet plugged in. Otherwise it told me it wouldn't work in offline mode :/

Same deal with Left 4 Dead (Which has a single player component).

Might only apply to Valve titles, or at least, those with the whole Steam protection scheme.
I'm pretty sure you can switch to offline mode (I was able to do so yesterday after switching off my PC's wireless adaptor while someone else was downloading some stuff) and play anything. I've had trouble getting it to sign in on offline mode when I'm not already signed in though....

I suspect it's true that there are some games with higher or lower levels of copy protection on steam, though.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #44023
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Please tell me your boris will walk on their knees... xD
He doesn't have to. He's 5'2".

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #44024
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Only if you do the multi-player.
That's at least that gained... I didn't have any issues when I played, my sister did report she couldn't play single player for server issues at one point. (Didn't press for details though).

Quote:
I suspect it's true that there are some games with higher or lower levels of copy protection on steam, though.
That's likely it --- I know Steam offers a lot of games on their store that bear no protection or link to Steam other than an entry in your games list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
"You're so pretty! Why do you want to cosplay all these dudes and weird-looking characters?"
RAGE.

I dunno, I get the impression it's one of those "You should cosplay things I approve of." situation.

Last edited by Kildread : 05-15-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #44025
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Thank you! Though one of my friends once referred to my cosplay choices as a "waste of pretty."
I think it went something like this:

"You're so pretty! Why do you want to cosplay all these dudes and weird-looking characters?"
To which I sort of just shrugged.

I really want to paint myself (and my partner) monochromatic for the Boris and Natasha thing, though. That sounds badass.
You're so pretty!

That's my statement.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote