Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3680 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #44176
Chirijiradin
Can totally rock pink

Speaking of creative writing, I'm thinking about writing an idea I've had bouncing around my head for ages now...

Basically, it's about someone being trained by Death to replace him. I plan on Death being a massive troll, though.
Chirijiradin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #44177
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
Bravo, apparently. I wish I understood what they were saying, I don't have my glasses on to see the subtitles. It's a miracle I can see the computer screen.
It's a cooking competition called "Around the World in 80 Plates".

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #44178
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirijiradin View Post
Speaking of creative writing, I'm thinking about writing an idea I've had bouncing around my head for ages now...

Basically, it's about someone being trained by Death to replace him. I plan on Death being a massive troll, though.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that actually already exists in multiple forms. I can't think of the titles at the moment, but it does.
I'm also writing a story with Death as a character so I looked up all the other Death As A Character stories I could find.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #44179
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Flora this reminds me of when Boyfriend told me of a comic idea of his and I burst out laughing and told him they already made that and it was called 'Minority Report'.

Anyone remember the episode of family guy when Brian keeps getting shot down by Louis because his book idea was already famously done by another author and turned into a successful movie? Yeah it was that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #44180
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Flora this reminds me of when Boyfriend told me of a comic idea of his and I burst out laughing and told him they already made that and it was called 'Minority Report'.

Anyone remember the episode of family guy when Brian keeps getting shot down by Louis because his book idea was already famously done by another author and turned into a successful movie? Yeah it was that.
Happens to the best of us, mayne.

It could definitely be worse, though.
Jane Yolen wrote a book called Wizard's Hall which has, like, EXACTLY the same plot as Harry Potter...then JK Rowling came along.

Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Various rockstars
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #44181
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
It's a cooking competition called "Around the World in 80 Plates".
Yess. I figured it out when I heard Curtis Stone. I really should pay attention more.

Quote:

Anyone remember the episode of family guy when Brian keeps getting shot down by Lois because his book idea was already famously done by another author and turned into a successful movie? Yeah it was that.
This chick I used to be friends with pitched me an idea for a strip once. She wanted me to do the illustrations for it. It was... em.. very funny in her own head. I thought it was really stupid, but I didn't tell her that because I'm not a meanie mo. Well, not all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Happens to the best of us, mayne.

It could definitely be worse, though.
Jane Yolen wrote a book called Wizard's Hall which has, like, EXACTLY the same plot as Harry Potter...then JK Rowling came along.
I thought that was an "allegedly" sort of deal? Maybe that was a different book about a dude named Henry Potter. I forget.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #44182
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I remember going on Stephen King's personal website once and he had an FAQ question about having fans submit their works to him for his opinion, and he flat out said no way. Because if he wrote something even vaguely similar in the future that person could claim he stole their concept.

Similar books are fine, even having the same plot lines are fine (assuming it isn't plagerized), but eventually it will be whittled down to the 'better' book.

I once teased Boyfriend about what would happen in the far future when we've finally made all the music there is to be made, will we eventually run out of sounds? Of words? of musical instruments?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #44183
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
I remember going on Stephen King's personal website once and he had an FAQ question about having fans submit their works to him for his opinion, and he flat out said no way. Because if he wrote something even vaguely similar in the future that person could claim he stole their concept.

Similar books are fine, even having the same plot lines are fine (assuming it isn't plagerized), but eventually it will be whittled down to the 'better' book.

I once teased Boyfriend about what would happen in the far future when we've finally made all the music there is to be made, will we eventually run out of sounds? Of words? of musical instruments?
Yeah. It's crazy. When you write, and you mention it to anyone, somebody's always like, "Hey, I wrote this thing, can I send it to you?"
And even I'm like, "No, man. No."

Various rockstars
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #44184
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My mother and I where the only people who got to read the finalized first copy of my sisters novel, outside of her editor. She made sure I understood to not share any of it elsewhere for that exact reason. Not only was it not finished but for copyright reasons.

For the record, it really was amazing-I sat up for 10 hours the day it arrived in the mail and couldn't put it down.

Which was shocking because I wouldn't have pegged my sister for an author.

One of my biggest dreams is to illustrate the short story I wrote, but that will be years in the making.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #44185
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

This is to all of you. I wish that, collectively, you were called Elenore so this would make more sense.

ILY GUISE.

Various rockstars
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #44186
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Shut up baby I know it.

Also, I wonder if I am the only one who really didn't find this funny..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #44187
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Also, I wonder if I am the only one who really didn't find this funny..
Emmers, the man is obviously a comic genius. We just can't appreciate this type of highbrow humor. Damn our inferior ladybrains.

Various rockstars
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #44188
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Emmers, the man is obviously a comic genius. We just can't appreciate this type of highbrow humor. Damn our inferior ladybrains.
I am too preoccupied with tampons and my gushing period to understand jokes about sexual assault. Does anyone need a sandwich?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #44189
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

SLDKFJSD;LKFJDSLKFJ
THERE WAS A GIANT SPIDER
IN THE BAG
THAT I TAKE TO SCHOOL
EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Freaking out. I had JUST stuck my hand in there when I looked and saw a spider and and and and waaaahhhhh I am NOT touching that bag for another week. I'm gonna go attempt to sleep now...
I'm gonna have nightmares about spiders and Greasy Lake.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #44190
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

EWWWWW EW EW EW. That is just AWFUL. X_X

...worst place I ever found a spider was IN my makeup. Sitting there chilling in my face powder. yah. That was pretty well the incident that made me horrified of spiders.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote