Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3859 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #44236
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
YOU WILL TELL ME MORE ABOUT THESE BUFFALO DOGS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!

Also as a bias New Yorker, Nathan's at Coney Island is the superior hot dog, no one denies this. HOWEVER, Chicago-style is what's up. Also Japadog, which I'm not sure exists outside of Canada and NYC, is pretty much the Japanese take on Chicago-style and is FRIGGIN AMAZING.

I haven't had either of these things yet. I think it's one of those "rite of passage" type things.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #44237
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
I haven't had either of these things yet. I think it's one of those "rite of passage" type things.
We're going out drinking in the village tomorrow night, where Japadog is near. Let me know if you want in, we can get some J-Dog in your stummy.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #44238
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

After a trip to the dentist and 4 cavities on my molars later, I cut the amount of sugar I put in my coffee by half. (from 6 spoons of sugar to 3 per cup)

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #44239
Chirijiradin
Can totally rock pink

They are HELLA EXPENSIVE though. Like $5-$6 a pound. I don't have that kind of money.

Also, natural casings. They have them.

EDIT: Oh, I think I've had a Nathan's hotdog before... It was really good. In my book, it was definitely tied with Hebrew National's.
Chirijiradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #44240
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
After a trip to the dentist and 4 cavities on my molars later, I cut the amount of sugar I put in my coffee by half. (from 6 spoons of sugar to 3 per cup)
Damn, gurl! Six spoons of sugar! There but for the grace of God go I!
That's sugar plus caffeine. How are you not wired 24/7?

And @Starwind
I know EXACTLY where you're talking about! I remember thinking, "A Japanese hotdog place? Whuuuuut?"

Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Various rockstars
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #44241
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Holy shit like whoa O___O' I pile in sugar for my tea but more then 3 spoon fulls and I am seizure-city
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #44242
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirijiradin View Post
Basically, it's about someone being trained by Death to replace him. I plan on Death being a massive troll, though.
Quote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that actually already exists in multiple forms. I can't think of the titles at the moment, but it does.
Terry Pratchett's Mort springs to mind. It usually does, with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
This why I come to a cosplay site to discuss video games, books, movies, food and politics. I could go to sites specifically for any of those things but then I'd have to deal with the fanatics.
/brofist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
QUESTION FOR PLAYERS OF DIABLO III ---

Just a quick question, and I am genuinely curious, I'm not bashing the game at all.

...What actually makes Diablo (III in particular) so great? I have never played any of them, so I really have no experience of the game first hand, but from the videos I've watched, it kinda just looks like a standard top-down action RPG, Baldurs Gate style. But, it's like, INSANELY popular.
Not actually playing Diablo III and not really qualified to talk about video games from a gamer standpoint, but I find that particular world interesting. I like the monsters, I like the protagonists, I like the cow levels. I can make up stories about my character and whether or not they're having an affair with their rogue companion. I think part of the reason Diablo III is a big deal right now is because it's been like ten years since Diablo II came out. It's kind of like all the people who'd waited seven years or whatever for the next A Song of Ice and Fire book to come out and were possibly literally foaming at the mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Derm appointment over! She said the hair loss is a combination of the skin disease, the staph infection last month and the isotrerinoin and is not permanent! Yay!
I'm also going to start on a injectable biologic medicine soon that should help a ton!
Glad to hear it, but I still think you should wear fabulous wigs, because I think people in general should wear more fabulous wigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
It'd be like if people just assumed all we ate in Britain were fish and chips.
Pshaw everyone knows you also eat a lot of pudding.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #44243
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Yeah, BLOOD pudding.

It's sausage made of blood. Friken' vampires.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #44244
Chirijiradin
Can totally rock pink

...Penny Dreadful, I am almost ashamed that I didn't think of that until now. Almost.

And one of my friends put so much sugar into his tea, it turned into a syrup. He did this on a daily basis.
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #44245
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirijiradin View Post
They are HELLA EXPENSIVE though. Like $5-$6 a pound. I don't have that kind of money.

Also, natural casings. They have them.

EDIT: Oh, I think I've had a Nathan's hotdog before... It was really good. In my book, it was definitely tied with Hebrew National's.
Nathan's is legit, but are we talking packaged or a chain resturant? Because there's a HUGGEEEEE difference.

ALSO YOU CAN'T PUT ON PRICE ON FRIENDSHIP.....AND IT'S MEATS!

Quote:

And @Starwind
I know EXACTLY where you're talking about! I remember thinking, "A Japanese hotdog place? Whuuuuut?"
WORD. My crew and I drive like 5 blocks up from St. Mark's. I txt you tonight the details of tomorrow's food/drink plots.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #44246
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
LOL I have a young child. I need the energy to keep up with her on a daily basis. This is the best way I know to go about getting said energy.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #44247
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmm. It's past 3 and I haven't done anything I told myself to get done today...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #44248
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
LOL I have a young child. I need the energy to keep up with her on a daily basis. This is the best way I know to go about getting said energy.
We all have our methods, man. But let it be known that Kaori doesn't play around when it comes to sugar!

Various rockstars
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #44249
Chirijiradin
Can totally rock pink

It's a small, family owned business that only is in the northern part of my state to my knowledge. So made there, and packaged. It's amazing. It's like you've got a butcher shop for freaking BUFFALO.

And I can't. Mostly because I don't have any money anyway. And also mostly because mailing hot dogs to some random person over the internet is something I don't want to explain to my parents :/
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #44250
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Lol. Reminds me of when I was in Grade 12, some of the seniors (I ALMOST got to go. Sigh.) went on a band trip to New York City. When our geography teacher asked if we wanted any souvenirs, one of the kids asked for a NYC hot dog. XD (Which obviously couldn't happen, since it'd long be spoiled) I just asked for an American dollar bill to add to my coin/money collection.:P
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote