Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3609 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #31
CodeShogun
Shogun Assassin

Just finish the yard work so I'm cooking something for a meal.

Maybe I'll watch Doctor Who later tonight since my schedule for tomorrow is very light.
CodeShogun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aearon View Post
lol... Yeah... I bleached my eyebrows along with my hair there. XD That was my first cosplay before I knew about the whole gel / eye shadow and other tricks to change your eyebrow color. XD
ah ok, you're so pale it just looks like you don't have any. i don't (medical reasons) so i'm surprised when i come across people who do stuff like that for the sake of a costume. shaving/plucking and drawing them on is a bold move, although bleaching is just as bold because you're stuck with that for a while

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #33
xMookie
Sheep for Wood?

listening to music playing games. lol everyone at school was way more random than usual.
xMookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #34
ERICTHEDIRECTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyogg View Post
I'm home from work today, recovering from bronchitis It kinda took some of the fun out of Naka-Kon, I think I spent more time sleeping than doing anything else. But we did win a "Judge's Choice" award in the Masquerade (from the workmanship judge)!
well that really blows, i hope you get better soon. Well today was boring but i got a job interview after a long job search so wish me luck!
ERICTHEDIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #35
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Just got back to my dorm and now munching popcorn while doing some message-checking and whatnot.

And hooooooooly crap am I sore from snowboarding yesterday. @_@;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #36
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Dude, dude,. dude, step niece is over. Never wanted to beat a child so mercilessly before. So goddamn annoying. She goes out of her way to piss people off.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #37
Aearon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire View Post
ah ok, you're so pale it just looks like you don't have any. i don't (medical reasons) so i'm surprised when i come across people who do stuff like that for the sake of a costume. shaving/plucking and drawing them on is a bold move, although bleaching is just as bold because you're stuck with that for a while
Hehe. Yeah, they didn't turn out quite as I had hoped. But, I was quite the noob to cosplay and dying/bleaching my hair back then. Before that, I had never even attempted changing my hair color. But, I learned from the experience. =) Also, I believe my eyebrows were back to normal after a few weeks. So, it wasn't too bad. I really liked the look of the white hair on top of my dark roots after I cut it short and my hair grew out again. My girlfriend at the time and several others complimented it as well. I'm thinking after I do the next cosplay, I'll go back to Toushiro and bleach it again.
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #38
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aearon View Post
Hehe. Yeah, they didn't turn out quite as I had hoped. But, I was quite the noob to cosplay and dying/bleaching my hair back then. Before that, I had never even attempted changing my hair color. But, I learned from the experience. =) Also, I believe my eyebrows were back to normal after a few weeks. So, it wasn't too bad. I really liked the look of the white hair on top of my dark roots after I cut it short and my hair grew out again. My girlfriend at the time and several others complimented it as well. I'm thinking after I do the next cosplay, I'll go back to Toushiro and bleach it again.

I dye my hair ALL THE TIME.....and recently needed to cut it cause it was SO DAMAGED.....it looks good, sure...but be careful. tho males with buzz cuts are more accepted than females.
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #39
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I haven't had one of those since I was in grade school. Dang! Sometimes I had trouble on them; I wound up puncturing my own ear drum with a q-tip when I was wee, and it took a while to regain all my hearing on that side.

Kids, don't play with q-tips.

In current news... STILL THROWING UP. Can't wait for the "golden trimester" to begin and all this queasiness to be over.
Yikes, that sucks. Is your hearing okay nowadays? Also, hope you feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhac View Post
I got my car probably totalled just a few hours ago. It got broadsided by a guy who had no license, probably false insurance, and seemed like he was high on drugs...he spent the entire time cussing me out, then my dad when he arrived, and almost got arrested by the police officer who showed up finally when he tried it on him.

I'm just happy I'm alive and mostly undamaged myself.
Glad to hear you're alright. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
I dye my hair ALL THE TIME.....and recently needed to cut it cause it was SO DAMAGED.....it looks good, sure...but be careful. tho males with buzz cuts are more accepted than females.
Speaking of buzz cuts, that was (is?) a huge trend for guys at Wilfred Laurier University in my province. They figured out that once they get buzz cuts, girls want to fluff their hair/feel their heads, so they get more attention that way. Lolwut.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #40
Pobe

I have a Japanese test to study for, and not nearly enough time to do it, but I can't focus. I'm currently torn between two study abroad programs, and I feel like this decision will impact the rest of my life. And I have to decide by wed. at the absolute latest. Gah, I thought I had it all planned out...

Now to wage a war with my mother over my college major/plans for the future. This will be fun.
Pobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #41
lyraparry11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Speaking of buzz cuts, that was (is?) a huge trend for guys at Wilfred Laurier University in my province. They figured out that once they get buzz cuts, girls want to fluff their hair/feel their heads, so they get more attention that way. Lolwut.
I love short, buzzed hair on guys, but if they're a cocky asshole like these guys seem to be, then I don't care how nice their hair is, I wouldn't really want anything to do with them. And I think shaggier hair is more in style for guys now. Which I hate, looks stupid IMO.
Anime Boston attendee since 2009
lyraparry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #42
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Yikes, that sucks. Is your hearing okay nowadays? Also, hope you feel better

[...]

Yes, my hearing's pretty decent now; I was lucky enough not to do any permanent damage.

SV was just walking in the door with take-out from one of my favorite local restaurants (we'd intended to go out but I started feeling light-headed, and obviously it was a good decision to stay home), and there I was, retching my brains out. I'm trying to manage by eating frequent small meals; lots of dry, bland foods; getting plenty of liquids. Still kind of a pain, though. I keep hearing "if you're sick it's a good thing, it means the baby's healthy and growing," which is wonderful. I just wish the baby would come up with a less horrific way to tell me that.

SV has rocked short hair for ages. I tend to like longer hair in general, but it'd look weird on him. I never understood the compulsion to go up and touch other people's hair, but I do see a lot of women rubbing his head. What the hell, women? Leave a dude's hair alone. Especially if he is my dude.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #43
nannyogg
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhac View Post
I got my car probably totalled just a few hours ago. It got broadsided by a guy who had no license, probably false insurance, and seemed like he was high on drugs...he spent the entire time cussing me out, then my dad when he arrived, and almost got arrested by the police officer who showed up finally when he tried it on him.

I'm just happy I'm alive and mostly undamaged myself.
Scary!!! Cars can be replaced; that you are ok is the important thing!!
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #44
acostory
Draw!

What's up with me? Hmm...

Well, I'm sick, bored, lonely, and all I want to do is play a children's card game. Or do adult things like normal people do... Sewing and stuff, yeah that's it... Or play video games, dammit.

It hasn't even been three days and I miss the house with my lovable goblins :'c
acostory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #45
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

WHAT! I'm looking through my old high school yearbook, and find out a friend's quotes are from anime. So I look her up on facebook. TOTAL COSPLAYER. Why haven't I been friends with this person from the start?! Gods, please, let her accept my friend request, because... that would just be totally AWESOME

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote