Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3562 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #45556
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

After taking a MONTH to actually beat the Lightning DLC for XIII-2, I finally have her. And now I'm just messing around on the game. Thinking about going and playing a visual novel now, dunno which one though. :/a
[Alvin-Tales of Xillia]
[Miku-Common World Domination]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #45557
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

The shear idea of Final Fantasy DLC makes me uneasy.

Unless it's for VIII, than it can be a "make the game not shitty anymore" DLC.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #45558
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
DID YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE MISS ME?!?!?!?

Rhetorical. Of course you did.
What, were you at the Jubilee're sumpthin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #45559
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
What, were you at the Jubilee're sumpthin?
I saw a bit of it on TV. It makes me feel quite unpatriotic that I can't really find it within myself to give a shit about it. I mean, the Queen is cool, I guess, I'm just not that bothered by the whole thing.

I have just been absent in the purely antisocial sense. I spent most of the weekend waving my arms around in front of the TV because I bought a Playstation Move controller. It's pretty fun, but there's hardly any games that utilize it. The main reason I haven't been online is the fact that I generally only do my internet exploration (coscom included) while at work. Because of the Jubilee, we have just had a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!!

It was pretty swell.

Also, I feel like now is a good time to state that I have spent much of the last four days watching My Little Pony, as I hadn't watched any of the new show before then and I figured I should at least know what all the fuss is about.

DO YOU DESIRE MY OPINION? DO YOU?!?!
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #45560
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

The world needs more MLP related opinions; proceed.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #45561
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I fucking love the show. A whole bunch.

What's weird is this: I hated the whole 'brony' thing before I ever watched the show... Now I hate it even fucking more. I mean seriously, how fucking over compensatory and simultaneously juvenile can you get? I never really understood it before, but here is my theory:

Whether or not people like to admit it, it is a show for little girls. Even though the majority of it is excellently written, humorous and beautifully animated, it's still My Little fucking Pony. Personally, I have no self esteem and already enjoy childrens entertainment, so I can freely admit to watching a show like this and feel little to no embarrassment. But still, every episode, when the opening credits start and I hear 'My Liiiittle Pooooonyyyyyy, My Liiiitle Ponyyyyy' I can't help but smile and my brain subconsciously says, "haha, seriously? No way. No fucking way, son."

I reckon that most of the older (primarily male) fan base also feel this and so they need to come up with a kind of 'club' to feel part of, so they can all justify each others childishly maladjusted television tastes, instead of just saying, 'I watch a little girls TV show. A little girls TV show that just so happens to KICK ASS'.

And unfortunately, as with all cliquey groups, it quickly turns elitist. Check out this gem of a comment I'v copied from a MLP youtube video (it is a response to someone claiming that they are a -ugh- 'brony'):

Quote:
You're not a brony. You're more of a brony wannabe. Do you even know what brohoof means?
There just isn't a facepalm big enough.

But I'd rather not concentrate on the douchebags who spoil the show, let's focus on the show itself, because it is fucking GREAT. I'm about halfway through season 1 (just watched the episode where Rarity makes them all dresses and for some reason they are a bunch of dicks about it.) and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Early on, I wasn't completely convinced, but then I heard this beast:

"She's an evil enchantreeeeess, and she does evil danceeeeees, and if you look deep in her eyes then she will put you in tranceeeees!"

Now there's no turning back.

ETA: Long MLP post is long. Unintentionally so, to be perfectly honest.

Last edited by Sybren117 : 06-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #45562
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I have a friend, he is a viking. He celebrates the Norse pantheon as his religion, looks like what Thor from the Avengers wants to be everyday. He drinks, he LARPS, he is the rock of the world.

He is a brony, and I think I shat myself when he did a girlish squee...

Ragnarok take me home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-lemonade View Post
Seriously had a horror movie-like experience today.

My friends and I had a mini photoshoot this afternoon, and I decided it would be a good idea to take a few shots at this old ivy covered factory. The building has been abandoned for quite a few years now, and there weren't any signs that said we shouldn't be trespassing or anything of the sort, so I figured it would be okay to take some photos along the outside. As we were leaving though I saw someone's freaking hand reaching out of the doorway...the door was definitely closed before (I took photos in front of it so I would have noticed if it wasn't) but it wasn't closed when we left. It was really eerie paired with the broken, boarded up windows and such. I thought perhaps it was a security guard of some sort, but whoever was in there never approached us, and this was smack in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon, which I doubt would be prime time for vandals. Very, very odd.
You have survived, and congratulations, you have been a member for one year!

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf

Last edited by Volnixshin : 06-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #45563
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:

What's weird is this: I hated the whole 'brony' thing before I ever watched the show... Now I hate it even fucking more. I mean seriously, how fucking over compensatory and simultaneously juvenile can you get? I never really understood it before, but here is my theory:

Whether or not people like to admit it, it is a show for little girls. Even though the majority of it is excellently written, humorous and beautifully animated, it's still My Little fucking Pony. Personally, I have no self esteem and already enjoy childrens entertainment, so I can freely admit to watching a show like this and feel little to no embarrassment. But still, every episode, when the opening credits start and I hear 'My Liiiittle Pooooonyyyyyy, My Liiiitle Ponyyyyy' I can't help but smile and my brain subconsciously says, "haha, seriously? No way. No fucking way, son."

I reckon that most of the older (primarily male) fan base also feel this and so they need to come up with a kind of 'club' to feel part of, so they can all justify each others childishly maladjusted television tastes, instead of just saying, 'I watch a little girls TV show. A little girls TV show that just so happens to KICK ASS'.

And unfortunately, as with all cliquey groups, it quickly turns elitist. Check out this gem of a comment I'v copied from a MLP youtube video (it is a response to someone claiming that they are a -ugh- 'brony'):

But I'd rather not concentrate on the douchebags who spoil the show, let's focus on the show itself, because it is fucking GREAT. I'm about halfway through season 1 (just watched the episode where Rarity makes them all dresses and for some reason they are a bunch of dicks about it.) and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

"She's an evil enchantreeeeess, and she does evil danceeeeees, and if you look deep in her eyes then she will put you in tranceeeees!"

I agree with all of this. And here, this is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #45564
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

I take pleasure in knowing someone somewhere is actually offended/upset with that claim.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #45565
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:

I think you've struck the nail on the flat end there.

Unread 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #45566
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I need to stop watching Torchwood before bed.

My wigs AND my ladybugs should be here today!
And I get to bake all day!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #45567
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I want to bake something (I've had the brilliant/insane idea of chocolate curd), but first I need to finish writing out a covering letter, amend my CV and pray to the employment god (I call them Workatron).

Unread 06-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #45568
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
*insight into ponies and bronies*
Dude. I didn't think it was possible but you are even more awesome than I suspected.

Quote:
I'm about halfway through season 1 (just watched the episode where Rarity makes them all dresses and for some reason they are a bunch of dicks about it.) and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
That is my favorite episode. As a seamstress and commissioner I totally related. I've been catching up on season 2 and am a little disappointed. Too much Rainbow Dash and Cutie Mark Crusader bullshit, not enough Twilight Sparkle and not nearly enough Rarity.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #45569
pink-lemonade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
You have survived, and congratulations, you have been a member for one year!
Why thank you! Glad on both counts really.
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #45570
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I want to bake something (I've had the brilliant/insane idea of chocolate curd), but first I need to finish writing out a covering letter, amend my CV and pray to the employment god (I call them Workatron).
I have to bake and frost cupcakes. I've never made my own frosting before but I've been assured its easy.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote