Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #49126
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I want to pick up Fez, but I REALLY need to work on my backlogs...like for real-real.
I hear ya. I'm at that point too. Plus I was just looking at the latest Game Informer and thinking, "Damn, I want to play a lot of these." :/
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #49127
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My eye has returned to a fully functioning state!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #49128
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I don't want to go to work. Between the weather, my skin issues (which are autoimmune related) my meds and being on my feet or sitting in a plastic chair with my feet dangling for 14 hours a day the last 3 days my feet are swollen, and when I have them down they just swell up more.
I hope theres a box under the desk I can put them on. We had a little footstool when someone else was pregnant but it vanished a few months ago
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #49129
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
My eye has returned to a fully functioning state!
Yay : D
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #49130
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

Am particularly busy this week.
A speech for Speech class on Wednesday, an Exam on Friday and a field trip of some sort on Saturday.
(Yep, I'm from the Eastern part of the globe)
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #49131
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hi everyone. man, I haven't been here in a while (not even gonna try catching up....). I spent last night either playing Civilization or watching Boondocks (and now I have eff Granddad stuck in my head...).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #49132
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Still have happy feels. I gotta go get fabrics today :0
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #49133
Kildread
I can fix it!

Unlike Starwind and Hag, I *am* working on my backlog.

Because instead of playing recent, fun games --- starting up on SOCOM 2 seems like such a good idea. (huuuurrrrr)

(It's not that bad a game at first glance, since you can use stealth, commands and strategy instead of the usual run 'n gun US military simulator).
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #49134
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Why does it matter? The Saint tells me frequently that I am the most beautiful woman in the world. This is demonstrably false. Ask me if I care. Even if you were less pretty than you are, your friends and family would still love you. One's worth as a person does not depend on how they look. I know that you know this.
But you could be! How do you know? HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE WOMEN IN THE WORLD? HUH? HUH?

What I was getting at wasn't really that I am more or less of a person based on my attractiveness. But that it can be a bit of an identity crisis to constantly be seeing myself one way, but have moments where it feels like I clearly see myself as I am and it disappears quickly. Sometimes it's just really confusing to wonder if I am as crazy wrong as people say I am when it feels like I am genuinely not able to see what other people are. It's not even based on self-esteem at this point, it's a physical image that I see completely differently.

Some moments I have it seems like I am looking at myself as everyone else does and it's so sudden and such a change from what I normally see that it's just really strange and I am not sure how to take it :/ It makes me wonder what kind of truth I see the rest of the time.

I am extremely unnaturally tired. I could still keep sleeping all day long and be perfectly happy. I am full of sneezes and ickyness.

Also, here you go:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #49135
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Steam sale... <3
I finally picked up Portal and Portal 2
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #49136
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Steam sale... <3
I finally picked up Portal and Portal 2
::: Spits 10000 Portal memes at you :::

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #49137
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have an hour and a half private lesson at 3.
A.) that is EARLY. and B.) long!
I've never taken a private lesson more than an hour. And I don't even know this teacher very well....but then she did all of our rehearsals for Angels in Nutcracker last year. So I guess it's okay.
Eeeeh but that really splits up my day. I hate doing things in the middle of the afternoon. So I should eat and do homework now...and work with my wig and pattern for a bit before I have to go. Yeah I guess that's a good plan.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #49138
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
::: Spits 10000 Portal memes at you :::
In spite of the memes about it, Portal as a whole is hilarious and the ending to Portal 2 is forever amusing to me even if the internet have beaten it to death.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #49139
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Some moments I have it seems like I am looking at myself as everyone else does and it's so sudden and such a change from what I normally see that it's just really strange and I am not sure how to take it :/ It makes me wonder what kind of truth I see the rest of the time.
Well, one - not everyone sees you (or anyone else) in the same way. "Everyone" is not a monolithic entity and has no single opinion on how you look. So to say that you look at yourself as everyone else does is really to say that you are looking at yourself as you think everyone else does. It's still a self perception. And two - no one looks the same way all the time. You aren't going to see the same person every time you look in the mirror. That's normal. Some days you'll look and feel great. Other days not so much. Some days you'll be wearing a frilly dress having a picnic with PD and others you'll be shoving a slice of bread slathered with nutella in your mouth. One look may be "prettier" than the other but they are both Emmers and both those looks are great!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #49140
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Well, one - not everyone sees you (or anyone else) in the same way. "Everyone" is not a monolithic entity and has no single opinion on how you look. So to say that you look at yourself as everyone else does is really to say that you are looking at yourself as you think everyone else does. It's still a self perception. And two - no one looks the same way all the time. You aren't going to see the same person every time you look in the mirror. That's normal. Some days you'll look and feel great. Other days not so much. Some days you'll be wearing a frilly dress having a picnic with PD and others you'll be shoving a slice of bread slathered with nutella in your mouth. One look may be "prettier" than the other but they are both Emmers and both those looks are great!
I think everyone looks their best shoving a piece of bread with nutella on it down their face. Can we all just universally agree on this?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote