Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3191 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #49171
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I don't understand why this game wasn't a big hit. But maybe it's just me.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #49172
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Spent time with my piano <3
My headcanon for you and your piano:

"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #49173
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
I don't understand why this game wasn't a big hit. But maybe it's just me.
As indie games go, I think it was a pretty big hit. I mean, they made Trine 2.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #49174
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
My headcanon for you and your piano:

Totally canon

In high school I learned to play the piano, and by learned I mean play-by-ear and by play-by-ear I mean I can figure out a tune to my best approximations. Which is really not me learning a single damn thing.

I had to learn something for a class once and my mom taught me 'heart and soul' on the keyboard so I spent all night memorizing the best approximation of that as I could and proudly played my one-night-stand of a song for the class.

The girl who went after me did a Beethoven piece.

The sudden realization it's 3 in the afternoon and I've yet to have a single morsel in my belly. NUTELLA IT IS. Okay probably not. BUT WE'LL SEE.

Taking bets now.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 07-16-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #49175
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Quite the opposite, sir.

Hag said it was tedious.
Oh.

Well fine then.

Also if you guys want old school RPG get Avernum Escape from the Pit off steam. I'm talking like...Ultima style.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #49176
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
As indie games go, I think it was a pretty big hit. I mean, they made Trine 2.
Well I don't think we're talking about the same game here ha.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #49177
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ooh, you learned piano too, Lithium? Sweet. I started lessons in Grade 10 and continued until the end of college (so, about five years). I was just absolutely incapable of playing by ear, and being trained with classical piano wasn't a great help.
Also, don't feel bad about the beethoven thing. Pop and classical piano are COMPLETELY different worlds, and Beethoven takes years and years to work up to. Moonlight sonata is a Grade 6 piece, which is pretty darn advanced. Though I also had a few super-good-at-this-been-playing-since-I-was-born snobs. They were just so annoying because if I tried to practice anything on the school's piano, they'd snort with derisive laughter and shove me off the bench to play some virtuosic piece without a hint of effort, obviously to show off. Oh, and I assume you were never at my current skill level ever, mister jerkass?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #49178
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Totally canon

The sudden realization it's 3 in the afternoon and I've yet to have a single morsel in my belly. NUTELLA IT IS. Okay probably not. BUT WE'LL SEE.

Taking bets now.
I'm just going to spend the entire day listening to Little Earthquakes and NO ONE CAN STOP ME.

I had a banana muffin and some Oreos this morning. It was definitely not enough to tide me through until 9:45 tonight, but I didn't bring anything to work with me and I didn't have time to stop and pick something up. We do have a jar of Nutella in the pantry, which I could conceivably just start sticking a spoon into and go nuts, but since today has already been basically nothing but sugar and fat, I'm already dangerously close to my sanity threshold.

Once the hunger hits I'm going to lock myself in the back of the office and start chewing apart old files and packets of emergency Gatorade.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #49179
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

emergency gatorade? Is that for someone who needs a fast rehydration fix? (They do make a medical "oral rehydrating solution", but YECK. That stuff tastes AWFUL. You might as well just have gatorade or some water with a bit of juice in it.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #49180
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
Well I don't think we're talking about the same game here ha.
Uh.....o.k.? Feel free to continue being cryptic!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #49181
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
emergency gatorade? Is that for someone who needs a fast rehydration fix?
Our office stocks powdered Gatorade and water bottles for patients who are dehydrated or are at risk of dehydration. We also have boxes and boxes in the back that were stocked in the event of a pandemic situation-- back when H1N1 was going around and people thought it'd be the end of civilization or whatever.
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #49182
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Once the hunger hits I'm going to lock myself in the back of the office and start chewing apart old files and packets of emergency Gatorade.
The day of the street fair I had two doughnuts for breakfast, chicken katsu for lunch (panko fried chicken), Hawaiian shaved ice, an elephant ear with powdered sugar and butter on top, and some kind of Italian sweet taffy rope.

Then we made BBQ chicken drumsticks for dinner.

I have some BBQ left over, I can send you a care package of bread and chicken legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
emergency gatorade? Is that for someone who needs a fast rehydration fix? (They do make a medical "oral rehydrating solution", but YECK. That stuff tastes AWFUL. You might as well just have gatorade or some water with a bit of juice in it.)
I love gatorade. I know it's just salty koolade but I don't even care.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #49183
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
I'm just going to spend the entire day listening to Little Earthquakes and NO ONE CAN STOP ME.

I had a banana muffin and some Oreos this morning. It was definitely not enough to tide me through until 9:45 tonight, but I didn't bring anything to work with me and I didn't have time to stop and pick something up. We do have a jar of Nutella in the pantry, which I could conceivably just start sticking a spoon into and go nuts, but since today has already been basically nothing but sugar and fat, I'm already dangerously close to my sanity threshold.

Are you talking about the little packets of powdered gatorade that you add to water?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #49184
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I love gatorade. I know it's just salty koolade but I don't even care.
I never cared for it much. I use gatorade bottles for water bottles, so I'll buy one every week or two (basically when my current bottle stats to get iffy). Or when I'm sick/throwing up and need the extra electrolytes and salts. When I was a kid that was the only time I could stand the stuff. (I also loved weak tea with a bit of milk and sugar that had gone stone-cold, for some reason...)
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #49185
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sorry for the double post, but I need some suggestions. i have ballet tonight, and it's hot as fuck outside 9and I'm walking to class). And because the change room there is pretty well designed for six-year olds, not adults, and I don't like showing my bare ass while I wriggle into skintight dance tights, I prefer not to change there. So, anyone got any suggestions for what I could wear over a pair of light pink semi-opaque dance tights and a black sleeveless leotard that WON'T roast me to death or look ludicrous?