Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3949 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #50566
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
It's more the attitude that gives that impression rather than his physical attraction --- at least to me.

Anyway, youtube vloggers construct personas for themselves to make entertainment in lieu of actual content. What else is new?
Even when I agree with them, I find it hard to sit through someone pontificating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #50567
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Kinda happens when you're an asshole.

I get what you mean, there is just one problem though, in a lot of his videos, he makes a lot of good points.
Oh great, another internet user who thinks saying he doesn't care what anyone thinks makes his online a persona a gadfly with a blank cheque to say whatever he wants.

I agree he makes good points in that other video, but I doubt he'll be convincing anyone with that attitude. Unless his plan was the poison the well he's failed abysmally.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by BisectedBrioche : 07-23-2012 at 09:06 AM.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #50568
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Even when I agree with them, I find it hard to sit through someone pontificating.
I needed to google what "pontificating" means, and I'm leaving thinking it's just a synonym to being patronizing :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Oh great, another internet user who thinks saying he doesn't care what anyone thinks makes his online a persona a gadfly with a blank cheque to say whatever he wants.
Yeah --- it's not like this is new by any means. It's more grating when someone makes videos about how much he doesn't care (Paradox?), but it's easy to avoid those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I agree he makes good points in that other video, but I doubt he'll be convincing anyone with that attitude. Unless his plan was the poison the well he'd failed abysmally.
For me, the only point he made was that he was an asshole.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #50569
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
For me, the only point he made was that he was an asshole.
Exactly.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #50570
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

He just seemed to be saying "Sports are stupid and you're stupid if you like them." over and over again.

I like some youtubers but only when they're trying to be funny, not so much when they're trying to edgy or political. Amazing Atheist? Amazing douche bag more like, amirite?! Haha Thank you thanks, I'm here all week, remember to tip your waitresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #50571
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I don't know what's happening around here but I found this:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #50572
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
He just seemed to be saying "Sports are stupid and you're stupid if you like them." over and over again.

I like some youtubers but only when they're trying to be funny, not so much when they're trying to edgy or political. Amazing Atheist? Amazing douche bag more like, amirite?! Haha Thank you thanks, I'm here all week, remember to tip your waitresses.
1) I HATE, HATE, HATE, the notion that you're a nerd/gamer/whatever, you can't like sports as well. Eff that noise, I love me some NFL footballs and will continue to do so.

2) Not to old-man balls, but trying to be funny on Youtube is still a step below doing open-mic night at your local bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I don't know what's happening around here but I found this:
HEE, OH HEE!

Weekend was soiled. Saw "Dark Knight Rises" and loved it, watched some terrible Marvel cartoons, drank, swam, BBQed and played video games, and got to relax for a change. Now I have to deal with my apartment being a mad house for the next 3 nights as Otakon looms closer and the wife prepares for it.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #50573
Lithium Flower
Handphones

So yesterday while out in Ann Arbor myself, Boyfriend and our friend 'Moosey' encountered the weirdest mentally off hobo ever. The three of us where teasing around with two others and the hobo must have heard us introduce Moosey by his name to another person because he came barreling out of no where and shouted at the top of his lungs "MOOSEY DO YOU HAVE $50!?".

For a minute we all stood there confused and open mouthed, wondering briefly if Moosey knew the guy, and then it became apparent he was a creepy hobo with mental problems.

Apparently after Moosey said no to him, creepy hobo made to reach for the bottle of pop he was drinking to take it and Moosey took off in the other direction shortly followed by Boyfriend and Myself.

Creepy hobo FOLLOWED ALONG SIDE US for a solid block and was giving me this weird 'up and down' look the whole time and Boyfriend put his arm around me to put himself between me and the hobo.

Later on when we stepped into a Starbucks to cool down and Moosey had left ahead of us we saw the hobo wandering around outside looking around. So we stayed in until he left and Boyfriend said he saw the guy smoking on a curb like he managed to bum a cigarette off someone.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #50574
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

It'd be super great if our landlord would, every now and again, call and let me know before he sends people over to paint the stairs we use to get in and out of the apartment, or clean the cesspool, thus blocking the parking lot and making me late for work, etc. Just one of those nice little things he could do out of courtesy for the people paying him exorbitant amounts of money every month.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #50575
Lithium Flower
Handphones

:| That was awfully inconsiderate of him. Considering the area you live in I can only imagine how exorbitant rent would be for you, and my imagining is probably not even accurately high enough.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #50576
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

I think I'm going to switch accounts using my other email. I could use a fresh start. :] But not now, tho. When I feel like it.

oh and btw, Penny's landlord sucks.

Last edited by zeldawulffie205 : 07-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.
zeldawulffie205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #50577
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Amazing Atheist? Amazing douche bag more like, amirite?! Haha Thank you thanks, I'm here all week, remember to tip your waitresses.
I've lately come across linked videos to douches on youtube too much. They all have a reference to themselves too ('Obviously Jesus', 'Arguably the perfect man', 'Amazing Atheist'), in all cases they were obnoxious jackasses.

They were also all men, but I think most ranting vloggers are men, so it's not that much of an issue.

That said, mocking them in the 'bad stand up bar comedy' way is especially fitting XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
2) Not to old-man balls, but trying to be funny on Youtube is still a step below doing open-mic night at your local bar.
Both things are kinda similar --- they're just disconnected from their audience on the internet. However, stand-up comedy (Especially in bars) isn't my thing, so...

Last edited by Kildread : 07-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #50578
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Re:Atheist stuff I wasn't paying attention to and am responding to from Kildread's quotes

At the art fair Boyfriend and I go to they have various booths for various faiths in the area, a Muslim one for example, and for some reason they always have a group of radical Christians preaching on street corners. They're not protesting, just shouting about. Theirs a Catholic origination table as well if I recall. They also had an Atheist booth I was interested in thinking "Oh hey this might be interesting to find out about, what various topics they're currently involved in, etc.." and I passed by their booth and it was 3 people looking bored and with their backs to the crowds so I rounded down the way I came and was like "Lol nope"
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #50579
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Looks like I missed a lot of exciting stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #50580
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Dude I miss everything.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○