Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 811 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #51541
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have no idea why this posted. I was still typing. o-o see below plz k thanks
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 08-01-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #51542
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Agreeing with Emmers... struggling is a natural part of growing in to young adulthood. My parents first christmas was so poor they made their own ornaments.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #51543
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
See above. Keep in mind that you were not meant to hear that conversation. People often need to voice their concerns to work out what they really think. And the bottom line is - you and Brando are both adults. You've chosen to do this. Whatever the consequences, good or less good, you'll deal with them.
I understand that they're worried, and concerned about how we'll manage and Brando himself said that even if he had a million dollars to his name his mother would say he'd never make it. But there's something about hearing people discussing you and your life in a way that's entirely about how you're going to fail that just...brings you down.

As a parent having your child 'leave the nest' must be nerve wrecking and stressful and I don't think any parent can ever be %100 sure about watching their child leave. It's a feeling I can't even imagine.

But it still is a shitty feeling listening to people talking about how nothing you do will ever work and your life is doomed for failure. Even if it's said out of concern and fear and parental nerves.

Sometimes people have to struggle, if that makes sense? Sometimes we have to know what it feels like to have something on the line. Brandon has never felt this before. He and his siblings where born and raised in this house, he's always been safe here knowing he had a roof over his head. He's never had a moment where he had something to lose and one way or another that's something he has to learn as an adult. He's 28 years old, his brother is..30 or 31. One day they'll have to be on their own and struggle with making adult decisions, but the way his mom treats him is so infantile at times it's embarrassing.

:| it just feels bad even if I know it was done out of genuine concern.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #51544
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
All the apartments are actually renovated as tenants move out, so everything is brand new down to the doorknobs. A few months ago Brando and I went to see one that was mid-renovations and EVERYTHING is getting overhauled. Carpet, doors repainted, new windows, the whole shebang. So that's definitely nice.

Also yes. I will turn the apartment into an enormous ballpit. There is no other option.
Yo considering it took my landlord/super a year to fix everything wrong with my current apartment, that is sweettttttttttttttttt.

As is a ball pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
HNNNNG COSCOM I have to work a Wiz Kalifa and Mac Miller concert.... do not want Dx
#firstworldproblems

Quote:

O_O Dude. That is going to take some getting used to.
It's a much better than the purpose reboot where I'm killed off and replaced with a 13 yr old kid of mixed-race. COMICS JOKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Fuck Brando's parents..... >=( they're being real twat waffles
Ignorant Derpy is ignorant

Quote:
They're parents. They worry. That's what parents do.

See above. Keep in mind that you were not meant to hear that conversation. People often need to voice their concerns to work out what they really think. And the bottom line is - you and Brando are both adults. You've chosen to do this. Whatever the consequences, good or less good, you'll deal with them.
Pretty much this. Brando's parents being concerned is perfectly natural, no matter the age. My mom was ultra cool about me moving out, but the wife's was not. She was constentaly calling/FB messaging my wife post-the honeymoon and convincing her to come down to NJ every weekend and staying for 3-4 days, and guilt tripping her when she didn't want to. It lead to some extremely ugly fights, especially since this was the 1st time we've had live on our own/ with each other.

And like the Hag said, you weren't meant to hear that convo, and it's totally naturally for them to be concerned. They're his parents.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #51545
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
They're parents. They worry. That's what parents do.

All of this. I am *mumblecoughmumble* years old and I know that my parents still worry about how I can afford rent and bills, whether or not my neighbourhood is safe, or if I get to work on time and eat regularly. It can be really disappointing to hear, but don't dwell on it Emmers. Just keep living your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
If you could change your username, would you?
I might... I have already changed my name once since joining because I outgrew the first one. On one hand it seems silly to ask for a change again; but I was never totally attached to Calico, possibly because this is the only site I use the name on. A unique screen name was a concious decision at the time, but the way I use the internet for costume stuff has changed a lot in the last 5 years or so.
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #51546
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
But it still is a shitty feeling listening to people talking about how nothing you do will ever work and your life is doomed for failure. Even if it's said out of concern and fear and parental nerves.
Based on your post - that is not what they said. I realize that I don't know Brando's parents, maybe they are hypercritical, and I didn't hear the conversation but you might examine whether you are taking one specific concern - will he have enough money? - and extrapolating that to them thinking that you guys are complete and utter failures in everything. It sounds to me like classic cognitive distortion. We are all prone to it. I'm not "sticking up" for Brando's parents here. But it worries me that you went from being completely positive and excited about this to being depressed and feeling like shit because of an overheard conversation that can in no way physically affect your big move. But that's all I'll say on this, because I don't have any real information on your situation.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #51547
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Starwind- How am I ignorant. I am merely sympathizing with Emmers plight (calling then twat waffles is really hardly damaging... not like I said the C word or something) and I talk to her through facebook ALL THE TIME. I am not ignorant of her problems or how their parents act. And if I am unsure of something I ask Emmers.... don't assume I don't know what's going on it's rude.

I just honestly have a habit of throwing around cuss words.... won't lie
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 08-01-2012 at 01:17 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #51548
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Based on your post - that is not what they said. I realize that I don't know Brando's parents, maybe they are hypercritical, and I didn't hear the conversation but you might examine whether you are taking one specific concern - will he have enough money? - and extrapolating that to them thinking that you guys are complete and utter failures in everything. It sounds to me like classic cognitive distortion. We are all prone to it. I'm not "sticking up" for Brando's parents here. But it worries me that you went from being completely positive and excited about this to being depressed and feeling like shit because of an overheard conversation that can in no way physically affect your big move. But that's all I'll say on this, because I don't have any real information on your situation.
I didn't mean to come across as suddenly switching moods, it certainly didn't turn me into a depressed ball of tears. Just kind of stings you know?

My statement was based off several statements over the months his mother has made, not just on that one. But I am really not that bunched up over it in that I am not excited and happy anymore. Just kinda hurts ya' know? I'll get over it soon enough and it won't matter. Just at the time, minutes before I posted on here, it really hurt to hear people talking about us :|

I probably should have elaborated more that statements about us not making it and failing at moving out where more common and not isolated to this. Those times it WAS meant for us to hear.

But it doesn't matter. I'll get over it and deal with it soon enough, I was just hurt to have to hear it behind my back.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #51549
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Well in cheerier news the credit stuff was accepted. Hoorah! The next step is to get in and put down the deposit. Not sure if we can get over today however :|
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #51550
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Nothing like waiting at the bus stop with a girl who is pregnant and smoking.

If you're not willing to stop smoking for your kid then your shouldn't be having kids you stupid selfish bitch.

This coming from the guy who hates kids.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #51551
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

So, now that Gf's roommates are gone and it's just going to be her sister living there besides her she has an extra bedroom. She's planning on making it into a tv room and using the main room as a "library/sitting room". So now I get to help decorate! ( the closet in that room is mine any way.)
We may venture to ikea to get a couch and an entertainment center. I've never been to ikea but I like shopping.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower

Last edited by UsakoLuna : 08-01-2012 at 02:54 PM.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #51552
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

You have never been to Ikea? I'm absolutely sure you will love Ikea.

Maybe not the putting everything together afterwards part, but the store is hilariously fun to walk around in.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #51553
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
So, now that Gf's roommates are gone and it's just going to be her sister living there besides her she has an extra bedroom. She's planning on making it into a tv room and using the main room as a "library/sitting room". So now I get to help decorate! ( the closet in that room is mind any way.)
We may venture to ikea to get a couch and an entertainment center. I've never been to ikea but I like shopping.
DECORATING. FWEEE!

My dream has always been to have at least one room in my home that was a library. As in JUST library, not a multipurpose room. Nope. All the walls covered in bookshelves. Big fluffy reading chairs. Good lighting. Big open windows. Awe man.

My second dream room is a studio, with a really nice drafting table, lamps that have sliding lights overhead the table so I can adjust my lighting, keep all my supplies in a nice storage space, a work desk aside from the drafting table, ohhhhhhhh shit gais.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #51554
jessthecoolcat
Official KH fangirl X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
You have never been to Ikea? I'm absolutely sure you will love Ikea.

Maybe not the putting everything together afterwards part, but the store is hilariously fun to walk around in.
Isn't it?!
Cons-
Anime Matsuri
Oni-Con
(Occasionally) A-kon
Delta H Con

Cosplays planned-
Kaito (VL) 23%
L (DN) 85%
Kida (DRRR!!) 70%
jessthecoolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #51555
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Trying to convince my parents to let me go to Sakura Con 2013. I MUST MEET VIC MIGNOGNA. ;A;

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote