Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #51721
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Yes because he is UNLOVED AND NOT ALLOWED OUTSIDE Dx He gets better as he gets more confident. (at least in the movie)
I haven't watched Hunchback in AGES
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #51722
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
~__~ I remember as a child my mother often packed me lunches with things I kept telling her I hated.

Ketchup, mustard, mayo on sandwiches where the worst. Because I'd seriously starve at lunch to not eat that shit. I hated it so much it made me physically ill to eat.
Ham is the worst lunch meat to me, it's texture makes it the worst.... I will eat chicken, turkey or roast beef.... but anything else is awful to me. My sister then proceeded to yell at me that "i'm so picky and I never try anything". I had to eat tuna which I didn't even really want =(

Mei- Alllllwaaaaaays Dx

Luna- Watch ittttt. xD
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #51723
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Nothing like waiting at the bus stop with a girl who is pregnant and smoking.

If you're not willing to stop smoking for your kid then your shouldn't be having kids you stupid selfish bitch.

This coming from the guy who hates kids.
My thoughts exactly (and the same sentiment about kids). Or just as bad, smoking literally less than two feet from the stroller containing their pobably-asthmatic kid.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #51724
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I can't even respond to this statement because I find it so... stupid
As someone who's witness 3 drugs busts, several arrests, a stabbing, a ton of underaged drinking ejections and 2 cases of pedo-activity (as well as some hilarious press releases accompany them), I would like to hear you argue that. Well to be fair the stabbing was at Dragon Con, so that stupidity is not animoo-exclusive. The rest, in no particular order, occurred at ACEN, ANEXT, Anime Boston and Katsucon and some smaller con I forgot several times throughout the years.

SEMI-related: If you don't want cops finding drugs in your hotel room, don't throw chairs out windows. Tends to draw attention.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #51725
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I've spent the last 3 days staying up all night and working on this durn commission, trying, TRYING!!! to get the dragon right based from a small picture. Now that I got it on the flipping sword, guess what?! I accidently typed the name of the sword in not 5 minutes ago and there it is. A HUGE FUDGEING picture of it!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #51726
Nunderw00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
As someone who's witness 3 drugs busts, several arrests, a stabbing, a ton of underaged drinking ejections and 2 cases of pedo-activity (as well as some hilarious press releases accompany them), I would like to hear you argue that. Well to be fair the stabbing was at Dragon Con, so that stupidity is not animoo-exclusive. The rest, in no particular order, occurred at ACEN, ANEXT, Anime Boston and Katsucon and some smaller con I forgot several times throughout the years.

SEMI-related: If you don't want cops finding drugs in your hotel room, don't throw chairs out windows. Tends to draw attention.

who knew Cons were so dangerous......
Nunderw00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #51727
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunderw00b View Post
who knew Cons were so dangerous......
I'm not saying you're going to be stabbed/shot/mugged/etc at every and all conventions, but stupid behavior is not limited to just concerts.

There's a Homestuck gathering joke in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to put it together.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #51728
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

I ain't arguing with you, I know shit happens... but if you want me to take you seriously then provide a serious answer don't just sound like you're downing shit for the sake of downing things. That's what irks me. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this shit personally at anime cons and I can still be happy with them.

And my sisters friends boyfriend was stabbed to death in providence (only one of the MANY MANY MANY cases that happen yearly) for just trying to break up a fight. There were gangs in the area around my ex boyfriends house, At anime boston there were people on drugs at the rave and someone stole someone's purse. I am not naive I know this shit happens and sometimes to people we know. It's not exclusive to concerts... it's kind just life. I just like something that sounds like an actual statement as to what you mean, not just one sentence that sounds like you're being a bit snobby.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #51729
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I ain't arguing with you, I know shit happens... but if you want me to take you seriously then provide a serious answer don't just sound like you're downing shit for the sake of downing things. That's what irks me. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this shit personally at anime cons and I can still be happy with them.

And my sisters friends boyfriend was stabbed to death in providence (only one of the MANY MANY MANY cases that happen yearly) for just trying to break up a fight. There were gangs in the area around my ex boyfriends house, At anime boston there were people on drugs at the rave and someone stole someone's purse. I am not naive I know this shit happens and sometimes to people we know. It's not exclusive to concerts... it's kind just life. I just like something that sounds like an actual statement as to what you mean, not just one sentence that sounds like you're being a bit snobby.
Actually it was a sacrastic quipt, with some actual truth behind it Derpy (Wait, was that your SW824 appointed nickname? Or was that Loli's? SHIT MY CANON IS COLLAPSING!) . Calm thyself pls.

And yeah, the drug bust at Anime Boston actually made the local news, which is hilarious to me because that HAD to be a slow news day to warrant any attention.

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 08-02-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #51730
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Actually it was a sacrastic quipt, with some actual truth behind it Derpy. Calm thyself pls.

And yeah, the drug bust at Anime Boston actually made the local news, which is hilarious to me because that HAD to be a slow news day to warrant any attention.
Telling me to calm down when I'm not angry is a silly notion, I'm irked if anything because sometimes sarcasm translates poorly.

I know two ravers died at the last concert we put up. They overdosed.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #51731
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Re: Convention dangers

A good friend of mine worked security at conventions all around the southern part of the US. The stories he had dude...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #51732
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Telling me to calm down when I'm not angry is a silly notion, I'm irked if anything because sometimes sarcasm translates poorly.

I know two ravers died at the last concert we put up. They overdosed.
ANY NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST!

JOKES! I GOT EM!

Quote:
Re: Convention dangers

A good friend of mine worked security at conventions all around the southern part of the US. The stories he had dude...
Mrs. SW824 makes a good portion of her income at conventions and their dealer rooms, so she's shared some LEGIT horror stories with me. If we ever have a "Convention Horror Stories" thread let me know, I have a ton. Most of them start with "So I'm drinking at the bar....".

Also 9/10th of them involve white dudes being terrible. Advanced spoilers.

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 08-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #51733
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Mrs. SW824 makes a good portion of her income at conventions and their dealer rooms, so she's shared some horror stories with me. If we ever have a "Convention Horror Stories" thread let me know, I have a ton. Most of them start with "So I'm drinking at the bar....".

I'll share mine if you share yours!(WINK)

I can retell the story about Boyfriend being commissioned to draw underaged hentai girls.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #51734
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
ANY NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST!

JOKES! I GOT EM!

Mrs. SW824 makes a good portion of her income at conventions and their dealer rooms, so she's shared some LEGIT horror stories with me. If we ever have a "Convention Horror Stories" thread let me know, I have a ton. Most of them start with "So I'm drinking at the bar....".

Sadly when I heard it was like a big rave after I heard they died, I wasn't very surprised. That's just rave culture.

Also I thought we DID have a convention horror stories thread in the cosplay section...

Quote:

I can retell the story about Boyfriend being commissioned to draw underaged hentai girls.
I already knew that story Emmers! Gimmie more!
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #51735
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

FUN FACT: My wife's last name is Wink.

You go first. I have a SUPER disgusting Artist Alley story, and it involved CardCapter Sakura and a clothes hanger. YES, THAT KIND OF ART. NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY. NO, IT'S NOT MINE. PROBABLY SHOULDN'T SHARE IT EITHER.