Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3951 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #53896
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

Really hoping this house works out. The complex I've been at has been going downhill and rent has been increasing.

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #53897
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Thank you facebook for making me depressed...Neil Armstrong died today at the age of 82.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #53898
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Thank you facebook for making me depressed...Neil Armstrong died today at the age of 82.
For the record, Facebook didn't kill Neil.

Also of note: 30 minutes of karting feels so short, yet so intense.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #53899
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I was watching that on the news while I bottled my mead. I never knew he became a professor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I feel older too, but I see this a good thing. If every year I can look back at myself and go " Wow what prick. I'm glad I'm so much smarter, wiser, and cooler now" Then that must mean I'm becoming a smarter, more mature person right? If I'm not happy with who I am and I want to better myself that can only be a good thing right? That I'm still wanting to improve myself.

At least thats how I see it. I never want to stop becoming a better person, I want to be turning 80 and still able to look back on my previous year and feel like a smarter, better person than that scrub before.
For me it's always been "wow, I really made a fool of myself back then", followed by "...wait a minute, I'm probably doing that now".

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by BisectedBrioche : 08-25-2012 at 05:04 PM.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #53900
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
For the record, Facebook didn't kill Neil.
Ha ha ha

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #53901
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
For me it's always been "wow, I really made a fool of myself back then", followed by "...wait a minute, I'm probably doing that now".
EACH DAY.

EVERY DAY.

(For me)
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #53902
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
All films should be trying to pass the Bechdel Test, it's not hard to do. At least 2 named female characters have to talk to each other at least once about something other than a man.

Just because a film doesn't pass doesn't always mean its bad, plenty of great films don't even have 2 female characters, but theres really no excuse for it these days.
There really isn't any reason a film shouldn't pass the Bechdel Test, just really isn't. Two women, with NAMES, who talk to one another (for more then 30 seconds please..) about something other than a man. This isn't difficult. I am looking at you 'Sex In The City'.

Also The Lorax.

Quote:
I look about 5 years older than I actually am. I was looking at pictures of myself on Facebook the other day and I visibly look older in just a year. Like ussually you never really notice aging in such a short time, but I genuinely noticed a difference in my face... not sure how I feel about that.

I am not sure how old I appear to be, either physically or mentally. I kind of lose myself to be honest.

Quote:
EACH DAY.

EVERY DAY.

(For me)
For all of us.

Just that one minute when you are content and happy in the world and your brain reminds you of that awful thing you did and now you feel like an ass. Even if it was years ago.

Re:My mom's uber support

She told me I should find work at Disney because I am super creative and my art is the best art in the universe.

I told her Disney would laugh me out of the building.

At least I have a mother who thinks creative stuff is super awesome and a wonderful idea.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #53903
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
On another topic, I'm always disappointed when someone starts a post with "Guys! Guys!" or, er , excuse me, I guess I mean "Gaiz! Gaiz!" I can't help but think that exciting intro is leading into something like, "I just fell in love!" or "I just landed my dream job!" But no. It's usually followed by something like "I'm eating a baked potato!" or "I just had someone hand me urine soaked books!" I can't help but feel let down.
I kind of feel like this unless the "Guise" post is being written by Flora, because it's probably going to involve something literary and thus in my interests.

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #53904
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Quote:
On another topic, I'm always disappointed when someone starts a post with "Guys! Guys!" or, er , excuse me, I guess I mean "Gaiz! Gaiz!" I can't help but think that exciting intro is leading into something like, "I just fell in love!" or "I just landed my dream job!" But no. It's usually followed by something like "I'm eating a baked potato!" or "I just had someone hand me urine soaked books!" I can't help but feel let down.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #53905
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Hahahaha!

I've resolved this problem by trying to sneak personal commentary in my life within other replies so it goes wholly unnoticed.

But that's because if something serious happens in my life, I do a whole lot of fretting on my end before dumping anything on the internet and it's a sign that it's BAD when I do.
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #53906
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Hahahaha!

I've resolved this problem by trying to sneak personal commentary in my life within other replies so it goes wholly unnoticed.

But that's because if something serious happens in my life, I do a whole lot of fretting on my end before dumping anything on the internet and it's a sign that it's BAD when I do.
I do a whole lot of fretting on my end for the rest of my life. Everyday of my life is me fretting about something.

In other news, some Amazon.com reviews on the Bic pens for Her:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #53907
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
XD

But I didn't have that reaction to "Supgais". That's just, you know, asking what's up. But when people say, "guys, guys!" IDK, it seems like they want to get your attention to tell you some really exciting news. Maybe eating a baked potato is exciting for some people and they think that everyone else will find it exciting too? It's just one of the many things about the Internet that I find puzzling.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #53908
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
XD

But I didn't have that reaction to "Supgais". That's just, you know, asking what's up. But when people say, "guys, guys!" IDK, it seems like they want to get your attention to tell you some really exciting news. Maybe eating a baked potato is exciting for some people and they think that everyone else will find it exciting too? It's just one of the many things about the Internet that I find puzzling.
Sneaky loophole Hag is sneaky.

I remember when Facebook first got really popular (OLD MAN EMMERS) and the biggest complaint was people not knowing when to shut the hell up and it was full of people talking about their super great turkey sandwich.

Now, reviewing an eatery for example is legitimate:

"Billy Bobs just opened downtown and their sandwiches where super good and reasonably priced. I recommend giving them a try"

But blabbing about that sandwich you ate and the huge shit you need to take, is not;

"Oh man just made a turkey sandwich, need to poop.BRB LOL"
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #53909
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:

But blabbing about that sandwich you ate and the huge shit you need to take, is not;

"Oh man just made a turkey sandwich, need to poop.BRB LOL"
I have to admit - I really am not interested in what people are eating (or their bowel movements, but that kind of goes without saying). I do enjoy the food thread though when people talk about more than just the eating process - cooking or new recipes, that kind of thing.

And as long as we are confessing, I'm also not interested in how tired people are. I mean, everyone is free to post whatever they want of course. I just have a hard time thinking of any kind of interesting response to those kinds of things.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #53910
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
I remember when Facebook first got really popular (OLD MAN EMMERS) and the biggest complaint was people not knowing when to shut the hell up and it was full of people talking about their super great turkey sandwich.
One of the comedians/humorist that I find great (I can't tell the difference each time I type either of those) did an audio sketch regarding Twitter and one of the jokes was a lack of content saying <140 characters --- who really wants to read "I just ate a bag of chips, yum yum yum, chips are so good"> I thought it represented social media well as a whole